fixed the problem

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

SwhyM
Noob
Noob

fixed the problem

Post by SwhyM »

Thanks
Last edited by SwhyM on Fri Sep 25, 2015 2:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
scootfast
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Re: motor is cutting out. switch out new block and got worse

Post by scootfast »

Might be soft ceaseing do to over heating or maybe the cdi is bad.Do you have a temp gauge? If you changed the motor did you use the same carb? If new carb probably an electrical prob. I would ask grafite 9. Very smart guy. Check him out.
SwhyM
Noob
Noob

Re: motor is cutting out. switch out new block and got worse

Post by SwhyM »

I put in the stock cdi and acts the same way. Illl try and get a temp guage sometime today and see if its overheating. Ive been riding around lately and doing plug chops they all look like light black carbon but if i use bigger jets like 145 it gargles then slow down alot
Actually im using a new carb cause i thought my first one was bad then i bought a new one and it was acting same way
I could ask someone on the island where im from but i figured i could ask while im at work for now and maybe trouble shoot after work
kauaianman
Spree
Spree

Re: Motor is cutting out. (switch out new block and got wors

Post by kauaianman »

where are you running the fuel pump pulse line to? need to tap under the reeds for pulse if running AF16 on honda dio with pulse fuel pump.

if you are running CT manifold and using tap above reeds the pump will stop pumping fuel because there is no case pulse above the reeds.

happy tuning :smile:
SwhyM
Noob
Noob

Post by SwhyM »

The block came with a nipple tapped in by the oil plug. I could plug it and make a one on the lower manifold if needed?
kauaianman
Spree
Spree

Post by kauaianman »

nah that should be fine. problem somewhere else.

temp gauge to see temps would be next step
1man8scoots
CB900F
CB900F

Post by 1man8scoots »

What does it do when it cuts out? Is it a quick cut out or does it give you an indication it's going to cut out? Is there any weird sound you hear before it cuts out? Like a chirp or squeal or finger nails on a chalkboard? Can you post a picture of a plug? Will it cut out if you're doing slow speeds?
1man8scoots
CB900F
CB900F

Post by 1man8scoots »

I agree with kauaianman, you should get a temp.gauge but do not only rely on it. Lucky you guys have that island air becuase those jets are lean on a 28mm oko.
SwhyM
Noob
Noob

Post by SwhyM »

No noise. Only when im doing WOT it does it. If im just using 1/4 throttle it doesnt cut out. I have used alotof jets and nothing seems to work. Can a mini stroke use 120-130 jets without it seizing? I want it to have enough fuel and 120-130 sounds a bit low
maddog
CB900F
CB900F

Post by maddog »

run it without the air filter and see how it runs.
some people dream of speed, i own your dreams!
Downsouthdio
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Downsouthdio »

It will run worse without a filter,,that is the same bore and crank I ran for years,still have it,even ran with the 28,make sure your compression is around 120-125psi..believe it or not but I ran a 125 main and 42 jet for a long time..temp gauge is a must while setting the bike up to be reliable and safe (my opinion)..good luck bro. :rock:that pilot is wayyyyy to big
Honda super dio
Corsa
26mm
Sparrow
kauaianman
Spree
Spree

Post by kauaianman »

try adjust floats. maybe not enough gas in carb and when you go to WOT all the gas gets sucked out and motor bog down, then when you go off throttle gas fills up again and throttle response comes back.