Low RPMs on takeoff

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

Jonadz
Spree
Spree

Re: Low RPMs on takeoff

Post by Jonadz »

Flashing speed zone sign and vehicle in pursuit confirmed gps reading, the 67 I will add was down hill, 61 was flats top speed, well as flat as I can get for the longest stretch.
bonesv

Post by bonesv »

Jonadz wrote:Flashing speed zone sign and vehicle in pursuit confirmed gps reading, the 67 I will add was down hill, 61 was flats top speed, well as flat as I can get for the longest stretch.
You said you did this speed on a stock cylinder. Was it a 125 or 150? Because there is no way it was on a 50...... Please do not troll on this forum sir.
Honda Elite SR
Honda Elite-Dio ZX

Dio ZX Headlight/Disc Brake Mod: http://hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=30861
Jonadz
Spree
Spree

Post by Jonadz »

It was indeed a stock bore in a 50, donÔÇÖt believe me thatÔÇÖs fine, IÔÇÖm not trolling anything. Just sharing my numbers, theyÔÇÖre legit. Af16 on a spree with mild trans work. None of these numbers were easily obtainable but did happen. DidnÔÇÖt happen for long however IÔÇÖll give you that, crank ended up needing a little attention. Just got done with a full rebuild. I donÔÇÖt appreciate being called a troll so feel free to ask what other mods may or may not have been done if you havenÔÇÖt already sealed your hastily decided opinion. Though this is just the internet so if you donÔÇÖt believe it, thatÔÇÖs fine.
Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Meatball »

:drama:
I need to find some new haters...the ones I have are starting to like me.
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Post by benji »

On a spree, with a af16 w gears and CVT work? How much you weigh? This is right on the verge of believable to me haha. But, sadly, no video no speed. Please don't be too insulted by this; I'm sure you can imagine how many guys have come on to forums claiming a speed just to cause a ruckus. But, honestly, a spree is light and with tall gears I've seen other bikes get there before ( derbi gp-1, some piaggios) on a stock 49cc bore.
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Post by benji »

If you did hit 67 on a spree, you got nuts. My spree feels sketchy at 30, and a panic stop the other day proved how sketchy it was haha. Took like a hundred feet to stop haha.
Rancher1
Spree
Spree

Post by Rancher1 »

Jonadz wrote:It was indeed a stock bore in a 50, donÔÇÖt believe me thatÔÇÖs fine, IÔÇÖm not trolling anything. Just sharing my numbers, theyÔÇÖre legit. Af16 on a spree with mild trans work. None of these numbers were easily obtainable but did happen. DidnÔÇÖt happen for long however IÔÇÖll give you that, crank ended up needing a little attention. Just got done with a full rebuild. I donÔÇÖt appreciate being called a troll so feel free to ask what other mods may or may not have been done if you havenÔÇÖt already sealed your hastily decided opinion. Though this is just the internet so if you donÔÇÖt believe it, thatÔÇÖs fine.
IÔÇÖd be interested to know what kind of work was done, particularly the crank. In my experience, 60mph+ on a stock AF16 other than trans would be a first. Downhill, sure, but honest flats would be quite a feat if true.
Rancher1
Spree
Spree

Post by Rancher1 »

benji wrote:If you did hit 67 on a spree, you got nuts. My spree feels sketchy at 30, and a panic stop the other day proved how sketchy it was haha. Took like a hundred feet to stop haha.
Yea, I had a kitted AF16 Spree yearÔÇÖs ago and even 50mph+ combined with soft brakes was too sketch for me. The first unplanned brake test was... eye opening.
jakubman1
Elite
Elite

Post by jakubman1 »

Shoot we doing 70mph+ over here on the spreedio
Wheelman-111

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

We're all agreed that going fast isn't the problem. Stopping before you become a Prius hood ornament is the problem. Even with the mighty 95mm drums on Flash9, I am very careful not to go too fast unless the scenery is wide-open. Driveways and cross-streets are a real danger.
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Post by benji »

That's one of the reasons I sold the spree-a-relli. It hit 50-something about twice as fast as it slowed down from that speed, even with the "big" 110mm rear minarelli brake.