Tecnigas Next R pipe performance?

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

Downsouthdio
CB900F
CB900F

Re: Tecnigas Next R pipe performance?

Post by Downsouthdio »

tecnigas for the elites are for stock cylinder setups..also they are loud as *..and wayyy overpriced..bought one here from moped hospital and sold it asap because it does nothing performance wise for the setup i had at least...
Honda super dio
Corsa
26mm
Sparrow
Cassb
Noob
Noob

Post by Cassb »

Scorpion pipe hands down I ran into this old thread sorry guys for bringing it back up but I was doing a little research on my tecnigas next star pipe I plan on running on a 50cc stock cylinder on and a F-16 with a 19 mm malossi carb and malossi intake and the malossi read block with carbon fiber Reeds the whole malossi kit I have a 90 CC scorpion I tried six different pipes Last Summer the Scorpion will never leave my sight hands down one of the best pipes I have ever used the in my opinion the V8 pipe with the 26 mmmm Inlet which is the silver pipe not the Black Edition with the smaller Inlet I run that V8 pipe with a Naraku Big Bore Kit stock crank polini variator oil pump delete an 9:1 gears that bike will get up to 65 real quick and top out at 70 and flat lines right at 70 but that pipe is great for a daily driver it's quiet it gives you a nice bottom and punched and a nice mid-range RPM but if you're looking for a pipe the scream up top the V8 is definitely not the pipe for you I also have that engine parted I have the cylinder ported and the way the block is ported it's like it was meant to be ported for a stroker the more you flow the more you go which there's more to it than that but I just list it off and I'll Taiwan build and I'm using a c t intake with the stage 6 read cage with carbon fiber reeds 24 mm sun-world racing carburetor it's an all Taiwan build for the most part I have about as much money into this build for the price of a Corsa I got about 350 into the build and I picked up the bike for 250 this is one of nine and I'm very happy with that setup it's an awesome everyday driver I've got over 5,000 miles on it it's time to freshen it up Naraku recommends that you change the piston and rings every 5,000 miles so it's about that time to freshen up the top end sorry about the rambling guys my point is you can make plenty of power without draining your bank account
alexfleury
Spree
Spree

Post by alexfleury »

I already have a Tech pipe and I'm planning to go to 72cc. Will it limit performance?
Life May Not Be
The Party We Wished For
But While We Are Here
We Might As Well
Dance
bonesv

Post by bonesv »

alexfleury wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 3:28 pm I already have a Tech pipe and I'm planning to go to 72cc. Will it limit performance?
Hey Alex, good to hear from you! I’m of the opinion that the tecnigas pipes have limited top end and don’t allow hi rev based on what I have heard about them. I don’t see any problem having lots of low end take off power tho and I run a 72cc with a yms pipe that has great power but it’s not gonna burst thru 60 mph without a tailwind.
Have fun with the tec and I would say run at least 9:1 gears or 8:44 to get top speed👍🏼
Honda Elite SR
Honda Elite-Dio ZX

Dio ZX Headlight/Disc Brake Mod: http://hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=30861
alexfleury
Spree
Spree

Post by alexfleury »

Thanks Bones! I am putting the bike back together this week. I am going to use the Technigas because I have it, bought it used and got a good price. bought the polini Contessa. Staying with stock carb and intake. Have a set of 9:1 gears but haven't installed them yet. Going to do the engine mods first and ride it a little bit to see the difference and then install contra spring, clutch springs and gears.

I would like to get to about 60 but will be perfectly happy with 55. Mainly I want to be able to maintain 45 even the hills around here in East Tenn. 55 would be good too out on the road.

I am going to take pics today an do a build thread.

Wish me luck on 60 mph :-)
Life May Not Be
The Party We Wished For
But While We Are Here
We Might As Well
Dance
bonesv

Post by bonesv »

Yea getting the belt drive/clutch dialed to work with that bbk and pipe is pretty easy if you have a cht gauge. Have some larger jets ready to tune then, order an assortment of springs for the clutch shoes and a mix of roller weights so you have them on hand. A 1000 contra is perfect. Good luck with 60 but you shouldn’t need it😎
Honda Elite SR
Honda Elite-Dio ZX

Dio ZX Headlight/Disc Brake Mod: http://hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=30861