faster acceleration on a 85 spree???

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

Dac
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by Dac »

zapwalker wrote:here is the deal
when you are living in southern california
and gas is about 3.40 a gal
and insurance rapes you blind.

its not bad to have a spree that you picked up from a buddy
when the insurance is less then $100 a year and it costs about $1.50 to fill
its not bad at all
butthole.
Yeah, here in Michigan you don't have to get insurance on something less then 50cc. But even if you did, even i could handle the small rates.
And Gas mileage is amazing on these little things. The tanks are no bigger then a coffee cup but you can go amazing distances.

And dont mind that guy. he just gets on here and talks trash. He has yet to prove he owns anything, were he lives ( he claims hawaii near Vtcycles) , or anything. he just gets on here and * every one else off.

Also, Sweet spree. that thing is nice!
"Its not what you ride, its that you ride"
1996--------Honda Elite S-
1991--------Tomos Targa-
And a Bunch of other bikes.
Kenny_McCormic
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Kenny_McCormic »

Muffler is probably clogged up. Make a big campfire and throw the muffler on the fire and leave it. The next day when the muffler has cooled use a garden hose to rinse out all of the crap inside the muffler.
I am not a mechanic, nor do I play one on TV. Actually my advice is probably worth slightly less than what you pay to view it.
fireblade
Spree
Spree

Post by fireblade »

I understand the principal behind doing this, but wouldn't the prolonged heat fatigue the metal?
HONDA NQ50 "FIREBLADE"
Kenny_McCormic
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Kenny_McCormic »

Muffler doesnt hold any pressure or brace anything heavy so there wont be any issues.
I am not a mechanic, nor do I play one on TV. Actually my advice is probably worth slightly less than what you pay to view it.
Kenny_McCormic
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Kenny_McCormic »

Muffler doesnt hold any pressure or brace anything beside the rear wheel cover so there wont be any issues.
zapwalker
Goped
Goped

Post by zapwalker »

Dac wrote:i dont know any one who has lost top speed from doing that....
*, some people even claim of it helping there top speed out a few mph. How much did you loose????
like 2 mph
but i drilled a hole as big as the exhaust hole.
should i just drill another one anyway?

but it did help with the acceleration which is awesome!
Dac
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by Dac »

its your call, if your worried about loosing a few more mph you might want to leave it. I personally never drilled a spree pipe, so im not too sure on what is the best amount of baffles.
If you want to drill another and see what happens...
"Its not what you ride, its that you ride"
1996--------Honda Elite S-
1991--------Tomos Targa-
And a Bunch of other bikes.
DrZ34
Goped
Goped

Post by DrZ34 »

stillspeeding wrote:
The spree motor is a joke, but i guess you kidz can't afford real speed

dude . i have seen way to much of your shizz so STFU

I supppose your scoots would whoop my ' busa too, * my slowest nitro car whoops your scoot.
Green for tha' money gold 4 tha honeys :roll:
DrZ34
Goped
Goped

Post by DrZ34 »

[quote="Kenny_McCormic]
Not really they are both 2 strokes only big diff is the ignition and fuel. Also i think you ed up with a blown engine if you dumped nitro glow fuel in a spree.[/quote]

um nope i use the fuel left over from the cars in the oil injector (the fuel is 18% synthetic / 20% nitro and the rest methanol) about a 3shot glass/tank
Corey
Goped
Goped

Post by Corey »

Dac wrote:a boost bottle is NO2(Nitrogen dioxide) , a common brand would be NOS or Venom. Nitrogen dioxide burns allot stronger, and gives tons more power.
Im no chemist but,
NO2 is sometimes incorrectly used to refer to nitrous oxide, which has a chemical formula of N2O
Used in motor racing as an oxidizer to increase the power output of engines. Often it is incorrectly referred to as "NOS," referencing a manufacturer of automotive nitrous oxide equipment, Nitrous Oxide Systems.
DrZ34
Goped
Goped

Post by DrZ34 »

or NAWWWSSS as those * import ricers call it
Kenny_McCormic
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Kenny_McCormic »

Today I got the spree out and put it on the road with me on it for the first time, the intake mod did not add to the top speed by much but even though I did not polish my intake after grinding it out to have a perfect transition the acceleration difference was incredible, it takes less room to get to speed and the acceleration is much smoother. I would recomend this mod to everybody with a spree.
79vwrabbit
Noob
Noob

Post by 79vwrabbit »

darat wrote:boost bottle will help
Hi, I'd like to say something after reading all this. A boost bottle has nothing to do with nitrous or any fuel supplement. A boost bottle is a small chamber or tube on the intake that holds mixture to keep the carburetor from double-carbureting the mixture before a two stroke comes on the pipe. On high performance two stroke quads and motorcycles there is sometimes a dip in power right before the engine "comes on the pipe." These things really have no place on the Spree because they don't have expansion chambers (unless you buy or make one), and you'd have to drill on the little metal manifold to make one. Hope this helps.