01 Elite S

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

happyman
Spree
Spree

01 Elite S

Post by happyman »

Happrn to be new on this forum and have asked some questions the last couple days..What i wonder is, does anyone here have a moped as i list here that can run around 60 or so and do it with reliablitity,, am not afraid to spend the money for the best motor parts for what i want. don't want to get it going too fast as i am not sure of the brakes, tires,and suspension.i would imagine quality tires are easy not sure of the brakes but then they are proly going to work fine even at greater speed. mayube drain the oil out of the forks, and put in some slightly heavire synthatic and go from there for stability. i am sure they can all be upgraded but then i am sure the money gets to be a lot more..do they manke the nakisil coated cylinders for these scooters? am looking here to see how many have some of the mods required to get them rolling.
Thanks Happy
stillspeeding
Spree
Spree

Post by stillspeeding »

What make/model do you want to modify, i just broke a belt at 85mph and im still here, did the japan rear pulley mod and forgot to run the wider japan belt, never exceed your ability to control speed its the reason i am still alive :wink:
Can't afford speed then stay away from it!
happyman
Spree
Spree

Post by happyman »

[quote="stillspeeding"]What make/model do you want to modify, i just broke a belt at 85mph and im still here, did the japan rear pulley mod and forgot to run the wider japan belt, never exceed your ability to control speed its the reason i am still alive :wink:[/quote
I have to say 85 is riping for a moped was looking at a 2001 to mod but i waited too long to get it and it got sold.. now i found out there is a 99 2t that i can get for not too bad a price.. so i am if i can figure out which is the best one to have to mod that is the one i will get. too bad there is nothing for the ruckus. so what scooter is it your getting 85 out oof and is it a 2t or 4 t motor?/
Thanks Happy
happyman
Spree
Spree

Post by happyman »

stillspeeding wrote:What make/model do you want to modify, i just broke a belt at 85mph and im still here, did the japan rear pulley mod and forgot to run the wider japan belt, never exceed your ability to control speed its the reason i am still alive :wink:
would be willing to share the details of your build motor belsts rollers clutch spring contra spring clutch variator and rollers and gears + anything else her i have missed and how would the 99 2t be for a build? thanks again Happy
stillspeeding
Spree
Spree

Post by stillspeeding »

what is a 99 2t engine? mine are all sa-50p U.S. engines converted to Japan specs! :lol:
happyman
Spree
Spree

Post by happyman »

stillspeeding wrote:what is a 99 2t engine? mine are all sa-50p U.S. engines converted to Japan specs! :lol:
well a 2t engine in the circles of scooters ,its a 2 stroke motor! sorry for the confusion. i have not purchased my scooter yet as i have been waiting for real answers on options but i have a 99 spotted yet that is nice as well as a 2001 whic is too far to drive to pick up.. have learned from others there are lots of good builds that can be put together. also on the back panal of both of these scooters it says Elite SR. hope this helps. still looking for info/ the more i learn the better choices i can make..Have learned that if we do a build it seems like we should go into the cases and port them too?? also i would like to watercool my build.. Thinking of a polini build but its not absolute. manyopations out there it seems.. also may just put in a minnie stroker with a cylinder on a watercooled scooter..Have also heard the brakes on these older scooters leave a little to be desired so perhaps there is better pads available. i like to be able to stop quickly in the event of an event weather its deer or vehicles.do not want to go through the bother or expense of changing out the front end with disk brakes . i understand some of the new scooters i understand use a lot of the kits and we get the modern stuff but the Elite looks nice.
hope i cleared up your questions and i am still looking for info so i will look here now and again for information thanks
Happy
MySpree
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by MySpree »

all 50cc honda elites are 2 stroke, my elite will hit about 68-70 with a 82cc charmo, kevlar wide belt, dt vari with a #2 backplate, ct chrome mani, 30mm oko, unifilter, im running all 10 weights, 7:1 gears, krs clutch, and some other small things, this moped isnt even tuned for speed. i bet a person with this setup could get over 80 easy, but im at crazy wheelie pulling accel, with a good speed.
happyman
Spree
Spree

Post by happyman »

MySpree wrote:all 50cc honda elites are 2 stroke, my elite will hit about 68-70 with a 82cc charmo, kevlar wide belt, dt vari with a #2 backplate, ct chrome mani, 30mm oko, unifilter, im running all 10 weights, 7:1 gears, krs clutch, and some other small things, this moped isnt even tuned for speed. i bet a person with this setup could get over 80 easy, but im at crazy wheelie pulling accel, with a good speed.
hey thanks for the input.. what is a 82 cc charmo?i take it thats a cylinder? wide belt i can understand just need #'s and dt vari not sure what dt means and where do you get a # 2 backplate, and a chrome mani, which i have no clue what that is either. the carb i see it is used a lot. most of your parts i never heard of.how many ports in the cylinder?? exhaust and intake what pipe ya run? what you use for a tq driver and also the spring too. how much gear will that pull with no problem? i am bout 190 lbs. sounds fun i am too old to get the wheelie stuff may break sompin if i crash.. i don't mind a little lift of the front tire but the wheelies leave it to the young guys.. thanks again any more info is always welcome..
Happy
stillspeeding
Spree
Spree

Post by stillspeeding »

The sr model is the derestricted version of the s, post me a meesage with your email and can show you the engines i have built, every option from mild to wild :lol:
happyman
Spree
Spree

Post by happyman »

stillspeeding wrote:The sr model is the derestricted version of the s, post me a meesage with your email and can show you the engines i have built, every option from mild to wild :lol:
happyman@mchsi.com

Thanks for the offer.. will be waiting for the info
Happy