Hydrogen Question

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

baha_boy
BMX
BMX

Hydrogen Question

Post by baha_boy »

So i'm about to setup a hydrogen booster on my 94 Sa50. the idea of the booster is that your engine uses the HHO and in turn uses less gas. I'm worried that with less gas the motor will get less or not enough oil. My scoot has the oil pump still, i'm thinking i'll keep that in use and pre-mix aswell. does anyone have any useful solutions or thoughts on the oil suituation? -John
94 Dio MiniStroked Corsa w/ 8.44:1, PGlong 28mm oko
DorkoElite303
Spree
Spree

Post by DorkoElite303 »

HAHAHA! I was going to do the samething. My friend just bought one of those Hydrogen kits. So we were going to test it on the car and then later test it on a scooter.

The concept seems to be all there. But didn't know how well it would work. But if you do get it going, please keep posting. I think if you keep the oil pump wired wide open, then you should still be fine using 50:1 premix.

Are you planning on Running the carb lean then??? How are you going to run your convertor? Are you running it off the battery? or a spare battery ?
Kenny_McCormic
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Kenny_McCormic »

Its simple physics that make the kit not work, you have to put more enery into water than you will get form the fuel it makes.
I am not a mechanic, nor do I play one on TV. Actually my advice is probably worth slightly less than what you pay to view it.
baha_boy
BMX
BMX

so yea

Post by baha_boy »

so the scoot is TORQUE and high end like it has never been before. As for mileage i havent leaned it out yet, i'm waiting on my rings for my 49cc setup i dont want to blow my metrakit they stopped making them.
(Hydrogen)
I'm running a small 5 amp system that fits in the top part of the trunk (above removable lid). I wired it directly to the stock batt with a relay going to the taillight (ignition) wire. the HHO cell i'm using is nice and simple it has a resivior. the cell is no bigger than 3" x 7". i'm using the percentage of electrolyte added to the water to keep the normally 10 amp current at 5.5. I'll have pics up when i can. -John

Dont hate,
Participate!
Kenny_McCormic
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Kenny_McCormic »

Do a plug chop, I dare ya.
I am not a mechanic, nor do I play one on TV. Actually my advice is probably worth slightly less than what you pay to view it.
baha_boy
BMX
BMX

about that

Post by baha_boy »

yea what exactly is a plug chop i've been seeing those words everywhere but i'm slow, please inform
Kenny_McCormic
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Kenny_McCormic »

Warm it up and tide it about a mile from the house. Ride back wide open all the way and kill it while holding wide open, pull out the sparkplug, what color is the ceramic insulator inside the plug?
baha_boy
BMX
BMX

Post by baha_boy »

i'm not retarded but are you serious?
Kenny_McCormic
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Kenny_McCormic »

Im serious, you have never heard somebody talk about reading plugs? Its one of the most important engine diagnostic skills, just from looking at a plug you can tell A LOT about an engine.
baha_boy
BMX
BMX

Post by baha_boy »

Kenny_McCormic wrote:Im serious, you have never heard somebody talk about reading plugs? Its one of the most important engine diagnostic skills, just from looking at a plug you can tell A LOT about an engine.
so your plug chop exist's i know how to read a plug but i did not know it had a term thanks for starting a disagreement on my post you know i'm a fellow 248 boy where's the beef?
DorkoElite303
Spree
Spree

Post by DorkoElite303 »

Calm Calm down. No need for hate and beef.

Anywho...can't wait to see the pictures. Let us know what you found when you did the plug chop.

You beat me to the Hydrogen Set-up :wink:
baha_boy
BMX
BMX

Post by baha_boy »

so pg long exhaust is not stainless :( so if anyone has a reasonable offer for mine let me know. i need to run stainless exhaust