So what about making it quieter?

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

baha_boy
BMX
BMX

So what about making it quieter?

Post by baha_boy »

so i just finished my mini-stroked Corsa build and it's alive but REAL loud. it sounds like an 80cc dirtbike with the PG long on it. Has anyone found a way to muffel the muffler or add a silencer or something along those lines?
94 Dio MiniStroked Corsa w/ 8.44:1, PGlong 28mm oko
maddog
CB900F
CB900F

Post by maddog »

a ddx airbox if you can find one, i believe you can open up the factory airbox intake but i have only done it on a 72cc setup.
some people dream of speed, i own your dreams!
Kenny_McCormic
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Re: So what about making it quieter?

Post by Kenny_McCormic »

baha_boy wrote:so i just finished my mini-stroked Corsa build and it's alive but REAL loud. it sounds like an 80cc dirtbike with the PG long on it. Has anyone found a way to muffel the muffler or add a silencer or something along those lines?
Thats the HEY! dont run me over! noise.
I am not a mechanic, nor do I play one on TV. Actually my advice is probably worth slightly less than what you pay to view it.
burnt_toast
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by burnt_toast »

learn to enjoy or switch pipes ;)

r1 and typhoon should be quieter, smaller carb and airbox will quite things down too
projects galore :nerd:
SprEE*MP*
Spree
Spree

Post by SprEE*MP* »

why wouldnt you want it loud?
-1984 Spree,
maddog
CB900F
CB900F

Post by maddog »

in certain places its safer to be heard, the idiots that can't drive cars can hear you, run a pod filter as the exhaust runs quiet, my aero runs live & loud :lol:
some people dream of speed, i own your dreams!
baha_boy
BMX
BMX

Post by baha_boy »

i'm going to try a spark arrestor off a 125 i'll post how it goes. -John
94 Dio MiniStroked Corsa w/ 8.44:1, PGlong 28mm oko
Wheelman-111

Loud Pipes Save Lives?

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

The "Loud Pipes Save Lives" argument has been beaten to death on every motorcycle website since the dawn of Internal Combustion. Statistically disproven repeatedly, it lingers on.

Aside from the truly Hearing Impaired drivers out there, the liklihood of being heard in time to avoid a collision when one ear is stuck on a cellphone and the other is being bombarded by Fifty Cent through a rack of 18" speakers is slim.

Smart riding saves lives. Loud pipes only get people annoyed enough to complain to the Authorities. See Denver Post, autumn 2008. Noise ordinances forbidding ALL non-stock exhausts within City Limits.
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
Kenny_McCormic
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Re: Loud Pipes Save Lives?

Post by Kenny_McCormic »

Wheelman-111 wrote:
Aside from the truly Hearing Impaired drivers out there, the liklihood of being heard in time to avoid a collision when one ear is stuck on a cellphone and the other is being bombarded by Fifty Cent through a rack of 18" speakers is slim.
LOL

You present an interesting point.
I am not a mechanic, nor do I play one on TV. Actually my advice is probably worth slightly less than what you pay to view it.