Turbo

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

fastplastic
CB900F
CB900F

Re: Turbo

Post by fastplastic »

air compressors make psi with electric motors only because they have a cyclinder or cyclinder like componets that are being moved by that electric motor simple as that if you think a hair dryer can make psi with out killing the motor your dumb ITS JUST A FAN BLOWING AIR NOT FORCING IT thats the difference there
fastplastic
CB900F
CB900F

Post by fastplastic »

:lock: please lock this thread i dont belive there is hope for any kind of understanding :lock:
Bear45-70
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Bear45-70 »

fastplastic wrote::lock: please lock this thread i dont belive there is hope for any kind of understanding :lock:
Who appointed you the thread locking decider?
Bear 45/70

'83 Aero 80 X 3
'84 Aero 80 X 3

'85 Aero 80
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'84 Aero 125
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'85 Aero 50
'85 Spree
fastplastic
CB900F
CB900F

Post by fastplastic »

come on bear you have delt with these type of people, im trying to keep away from a fist fight or at least an internet one...
Bear45-70
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Bear45-70 »

Who really cares and in the long run what difference will it make in the long run?
Bear 45/70

'83 Aero 80 X 3
'84 Aero 80 X 3

'85 Aero 80
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'84 Aero 125
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'85 Aero 50
'85 Spree
nickisaninja
Goped
Goped

Post by nickisaninja »

fastplastic wrote:air compressors make psi with electric motors only because they have a cyclinder or cyclinder like componets that are being moved by that electric motor simple as that if you think a hair dryer can make psi with out killing the motor your dumb ITS JUST A FAN BLOWING AIR NOT FORCING IT thats the difference there
Quit dreaming of 150psi of boost because these motors couldn't handle it anyway.
Yes, an electric motor could churn a couplepsi at 20cfm. Its not that hard. Fine, ill make my own thread and do it after my spree gets finished

Ok? Ill do it. Now shut up, quit shooting down bench racing. If you have any advice for me id like some help on what I can to do to increase volumetric efficiency.
fastplastic
CB900F
CB900F

Post by fastplastic »

nickisaninja wrote:
fastplastic wrote:air compressors make psi with electric motors only because they have a cyclinder or cyclinder like componets that are being moved by that electric motor simple as that if you think a hair dryer can make psi with out killing the motor your dumb ITS JUST A FAN BLOWING AIR NOT FORCING IT thats the difference there
Quit dreaming of 150psi of boost because these motors couldn't handle it anyway.
Yes, an electric motor could churn a couplepsi at 20cfm. Its not that hard. Fine, ill make my own thread and do it after my spree gets finished

Ok? Ill do it. Now shut up, quit shooting down bench racing. If you have any advice for me id like some help on what I can to do to increase volumetric efficiency.
good luck i guess :jack:
nickisaninja
Goped
Goped

Post by nickisaninja »

Thank you.
Where can I find info on the stator total output? I'm thinking even a centrifugal turbo by brushless dc motor. I have a couple spare from r/c truck days.
I could even use a 12v battery on a big cap to take load off the stator. It looks small.
Bear45-70
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Bear45-70 »

It is small. These scooter's alternators only make from 85 to 100 watts output, which is 7.08 to 8.3 amps and you do not have access to all the power either, there are lights to be run plus charging the battery. So it better be a super effeicent DC motor.
Bear 45/70

'83 Aero 80 X 3
'84 Aero 80 X 3

'85 Aero 80
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'84 Aero 125
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'85 Aero 50
'85 Spree
nickisaninja
Goped
Goped

Post by nickisaninja »

Good thing my spree's battery it twice the size of a normal one. Ill be putting the headlight on a switch and led the rear.
An auxilary pack would be awesome and have a switch to kill and charge off the battery when needed. Controllers and limiters would be weird but I have a charger that runs off a car battery...and is small enough to fit in my storage box with a battery and accessories.
I've got everything but the blower. Unless I don't know about it yet.

My moto is "make it work."
Bear45-70
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Bear45-70 »

nickisaninja wrote:Good thing my spree's battery it twice the size of a normal one. Ill be putting the headlight on a switch and led the rear.
An auxilary pack would be awesome and have a switch to kill and charge off the battery when needed. Controllers and limiters would be weird but I have a charger that runs off a car battery...and is small enough to fit in my storage box with a battery and accessories.
I've got everything but the blower. Unless I don't know about it yet.

My moto is "make it work."
The headlight is on a separate part of the alternator that does not go thru the rectifier so all the switch will do is lower the load on the motor. The headlight is run off the direct AC from that section of the alternator. Maybe you could add a second regulator/rectifier and use that extra power. However just tying it into the present system will not work as the two charging systems will fight each other. That's why battery isolators were invented.
Bear 45/70

'83 Aero 80 X 3
'84 Aero 80 X 3

'85 Aero 80
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'84 Aero 125
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'85 Aero 50
'85 Spree
nickisaninja
Goped
Goped

Post by nickisaninja »

a bridge and regulator and cap to smooth phases would be easy.
Time to scavenge leftover pc power supplies and alternators from my volvo

Yes I am crazy.
PimpinSpree
Elite
Elite

Post by PimpinSpree »

nickisaninja wrote:a bridge and regulator and cap to smooth phases would be easy.

Yes I am crazy.
your idea is not going to make any power. Youd be better off pointing your hair dryer backwards for a jet booster effect
nickisaninja
Goped
Goped

Post by nickisaninja »

PimpinSpree wrote:
nickisaninja wrote:a bridge and regulator and cap to smooth phases would be easy.

Yes I am crazy.
your idea is not going to make any power. Youd be better off pointing your hair dryer backwards for a jet booster effect
I'm not using a hair dryer it was an example of things that move air and everyone knows what it is.

I'm sorry you're offended that you didn't think of this first.
http://www.amazon.com/Flange-Mount-Blow ... B001449SYU
I'll bet you're going to try and tell me THAT isn't going to make a spree faster? Are you kidding me? Cramming a bunch of air isn't going to do anything?

I don't care what pressure it's going to be at, anything better than baro is going to improve power, that's not really an issue at the moment so drop the arguments.
nickisaninja
Goped
Goped

Post by nickisaninja »