My 1985 Spree Story and Progress

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

Justinsane
Spree
Spree

My 1985 Spree Story and Progress

Post by Justinsane »

Hello everyone, I've decided to share with you how I came across my current hobby. My 1985 Honda Spree. Now I know its no rocket by any stretch of the imagination... but it just looks so fun.

Anyway. I work for a guy who rents out properties to college kids. Well one day we were conversating about the raising gas prices, and I mentioned I'm gonna get a moped (just joking to him) well he replies, "Do you want one?" I was like.... 8O , he continued, "I have one that someone left at a property, if you want it, its yours." I instantly learned everything about this little 50cc honda that I immediatly had big plans for.

I got it to my house, and (without having a key) tried to find a way to get the panels off to clean up the engine. Well, I take the sides off, then move on to removing the foot plate, as I do this, around 40 Earwigs pop out and scurry all over the floor. So after a couple minutes of stomping, I continued to take the scooter apart. Now its in a million pieces in my garage as I read about how to clean a carb...

I guess a long story kinda short - I'm completely thrilled about rebuilding my first engine. Its a great experience!
noiseguy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by noiseguy »

Well, this is the place to be. Many a Spree have been resurrected here.
Admin, Hondaspree.net

Buy air filters and gaskets here (Ebay): http://stores.ebay.com/noiseguysstore
Buy air filters and gaskets here (Amazon): www.amazon.com/shops/spreepower
Buy a t-shirt here: https://teespring.com/stores/spree-powersport-products
burnt_toast
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by burnt_toast »

good job, no go get urself a top end kit! lol
projects galore :nerd: