Tazland is Back// 16*81 gears for the Spree are here

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

Lunytune
CB900F
CB900F

Re: Tazland is Back// 16*81 gears for the Spree are here

Post by Lunytune »

tazland001 wrote:When I send the kits, I give you info on where you can mail your head... Toboggan...
the 47mm can be done but not with the stock cylinder. The stock cylinder can only go to a 44mm without major issues. Good questions.....
My purchase predates your info linking to Toboggan. My question was legitimate. :hi:

I suspected the 47mm would be difficult on the original configuration. So will it be a swap out, or will it require other changes, such as the shroud?
Friends don't let friends buy Chinese bikes
tazland001
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by tazland001 »

Lunytune wrote:
tazland001 wrote:When I send the kits, I give you info on where you can mail your head... Toboggan...
the 47mm can be done but not with the stock cylinder. The stock cylinder can only go to a 44mm without major issues. Good questions.....
My purchase predates your info linking to Toboggan. My question was legitimate. :hi:

I suspected the 47mm would be difficult on the original configuration. So will it be a swap out, or will it require other changes, such as the shroud?
Your question was good. Never hurts to ask.. The shroud is something I am wondering about myself. If the stock one does not fit I will have to make a new one. Cross that bridge when I get there.

Marc
maddog
CB900F
CB900F

Post by maddog »

The worst engine made from honda yet you punks claim that its fast :shock:
some people dream of speed, i own your dreams!
Lunytune
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Lunytune »

maddog wrote:The worst engine made from honda yet you punks claim that its fast :shock:
Come see me. The Challenge still stands
tazland001
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by tazland001 »

what is the worse engine honda ever made? the spree engine? I would agree, but they are light and with some mods they could beat an elite.
evilone
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by evilone »

tazland wrote:with some mods they could beat an elite.
Come on, seriously? How much $ to accomplish this? And what mods? :roll:
2001 Honda Elite
1995 Yamaha Jog
1994 Yamaha Axis

I can't believe
that cop put me
in the backseat
when I clearly
called shotgun.
Wheelman-111

Spree Beats Elite?

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

I believe it's possible. A good-running stock LX is good for 37 or so. The Spree probably can't match it for acceleration, but with a ported 44 or 47 and a custom pipe, wo knows what RPM/Top Speeds are possible?

With a $110 bore kit, a handy guy could cobble up a stock headpipe and a BiTurbo chamber. Big SB reeds from Noise and an Arreche 17. Since Sprees are cheap to buy, the total for a streetworthy scoot wouldn't be all that high. You wouldn see another with like performance very often.

Just don't look for a race with Burnt_Toast...
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
Spreetard
Elite
Elite

Post by Spreetard »

maddog wrote:The worst engine made from honda yet you punks claim that its fast :shock:
i have some friends who tune hondas. even though they have b20 hatchbacks, integra gsrs, and a whole slew of b series power, they still enjoy playing with d16 non-vtec civic engines because they are cheap and plentiful, and can still take a beating.
just because something isn't the best does not mean that it's the worst. :jack:
i have way more fun per dollar than you :mrgreen:
Ol' Red
1987 Spree, 42mph on 49cc (gps)
Broken...
Spreeio
1987 Spree
With af16e powah!!!!
77cc Malossi Ministroker, 24mm oKo, 30mm V8 pipe.
Chinabike 3000! GY6 clone daily driver/ beater machine bought for $75!
Lunytune
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Lunytune »

Spreetard wrote:i have way more fun per dollar than you :mrgreen:
FINALLY!!! Something is said that carries meaning. Who cares if MD can do the 1/4 mile on his scoot in 5 seconds :bowrofl: And although I think Toast's scoot is neat, I'm not going to compete with him, and I even like the mod Spree that the guy's wife has done. I enjoy my stock Spree and I also enjoy my souped Elite. Most important, I'm having fun and don't really care how fast somebody else is going. And I think most of us, once we get our ego out of the way, find truth in that.

All that said, I also appreciate the efforts Taz is making to give us options for the Spree. Up until now, we didn't have any options short of swapping in a Dio.
Wheelman-111

My Spreenis Is Bigger Than Yours

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

Yea, Tune and 'Tard speak the Truth. Tuning these old gems is (or should be) about the fun. Solving mechanical challenges, imagnation, wise purchases, trading unneeded parts and staying within one's budget.

The reward is in the knowledge gained exceeding, occasionally doubling Honda-san's intended maximum speed, not in slamming a less well-funded fellow rider for his choices.

Spunky Spree riders deserve the options Luny mentioned, and everyone's support.
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
evilone
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by evilone »

I agree it's for the fun, which is why i have a scooter. I guess i'm curious what "beat" an elite means. I would think off the line acceleration and top speed, but my wife hits 45-47 mph easy on her stock 2000 SR. Props to Tazland for what he has done, if i still had my spree i'd be tinkering....but i still don't think it will beat an Elite, prove me wrong guys :P and have fun doing it. I thought keithw already tried a ton of mods but i didn't read final outcome.
2001 Honda Elite
1995 Yamaha Jog
1994 Yamaha Axis

I can't believe
that cop put me
in the backseat
when I clearly
called shotgun.
evilone
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by evilone »

OK, i mention the 2000 SR, maybe it will beat an lx or an E.
2001 Honda Elite
1995 Yamaha Jog
1994 Yamaha Axis

I can't believe
that cop put me
in the backseat
when I clearly
called shotgun.
Lunytune
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Lunytune »

but my wife hits 45-47 mph easy on her stock 2000 SR
Evil, how in the world are you hitting those kinds of speed on a stock SR? None of my scoots will do it, and I've got big bores on two of them... but no gear or variator upgrade.

How can a Spree beat the Elite? Easy... They are fun to ride. If you're into power and speed, you won't agree, but all in all, they are fun to ride.
tazland001
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by tazland001 »

its possible. I aint afraid to build a bike that will go 1/4 mile in 5 seconds. dont sound to hard. I could build up my dio. They are light and haul *. I have one dio engine with the skinny crankshaft. Thats the best one. Out of the dio(AF18) That is best engine. I had a dio go sooo fast it started to shake like crazy. I was probally going about 80mph. and I still had more power available. I like to race cars on my scooters and watch there eyes pop out of there head. at least I did in vegas.
One day the spree will give the elite s,sr a run for its money. Screw the dio or elite s,sr engine swap. the day of the spree will be here soon. don't get me wrong I love my 98 elite sr. they the easiest to upgrade for cheap. gears and a 50 mm cylinder and your 55+. easy money.......
Lunytune
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Lunytune »

tazland001 wrote:its possible. I aint afraid to build a bike that will go 1/4 mile in 5 seconds. dont sound to hard.
Easy now Taz. You are approaching the world record (4.428 seconds set by Tony Schumacher. Schumacher holds the top speed record for the quarter mile at 336.15 mph) Even a cycle hasn't broken 5 seconds yet (close, 5.27 seconds). And then... IF you COULD build it, would you drive it? on 10" wheels? :peace:

Check this YouTube cycle at 5.27 seconds, 404 mph.
http://video.aol.fr/video-detail/drag-r ... 3597882795

EDIT: Just found this YouTube of world's fastest scooter.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=178eONNJuqQ