Tazland is Back// 16*81 gears for the Spree are here

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

carp
Spree
Spree

Re: Tazland is Back// 16*81 gears for the Spree are here

Post by carp »

Lunytune wrote:
portets wrote:is he testing different gears on us? the first one that someone already bought were 16/81. like the title says.

but if you see his new listing, it's titled as 15/81. and the description says 15/82.

what's the deal?
He flunked math in school. :crazy:
Or he is getting to be an old fart,like Luny and myself.Sorry Luny,had to include you.You know how misery loves company.Carp
'98 sa50(thanks evailone),'95 sa 50,'86 spree(thanks wikked_spree57) ,'82 nu,'81 puch,'80 nc,(2)'78nc
'78 ranchero,'77 pinto wagon,'64 t bird,'48 ford tudor,'31 ford furdor
and they all need lots of love !!!
tazland001
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by tazland001 »

i meesed up. it is 15*81...... Yah i am old but still can kick some *. hehehe, I am postin a pic today.

Marc
mr pibbs
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by mr pibbs »

tazland001 wrote:i meesed up. it is 15*81...... Yah i am old but still can kick some *. hehehe, I am postin a pic today.

Marc
Pic via marc

1993 Elite - The Mad Max
Videonut
Spree
Spree

Post by Videonut »

tazland001 wrote:I am not sure how much I am going to charge. Probally $65 to $70 per set. It would be cheaper if the molding cost was'nt so high. And on top of that the US dollar is not doing to well overseas in Japan.
But the gears will help alot with the 44mm kit. I figure if you use the gears with 44mm kit you will hit about 42mph on the flat and about 46 on down hill. The spree will still climb hills but you will loose some acceleration of the start with the gear ratio added. The spree should still take off faster than the stock spree set up and you will gain considerable top end with the 44mm kit and the 16*81 gear ratio. Told you guys I they where coming. Sorry we fell behind because of testing.

Marc

Still sounds reasonable price. thanks
videonut
86 spree with honda cb750 rear shock
xr50 knobby tires, 32mph on slightly restricted craftsman air filter.
Scooter was stolen so i have to make it look good again
Lunytune
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Lunytune »

tazland001 wrote:i meesed up. it is 15*81...... Yah i am old but still can kick some *. hehehe, I am postin a pic today.

Marc
Interesting... I confess... I can't kick as much as I used to, so now I'm packing iron to make up the difference, so don't mess with me. :thumbwink:
:b2t: So you end up with a 5.4 to 1 final gear ratio and a 9.72 to 1 overall ratio? Or did I flunk math too? That's going to be a pretty sluggish take off, but some pretty amazing speed once you get it rolling.
Friends don't let friends buy Chinese bikes
tazland001
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by tazland001 »

Yah I figure with the 44mm and the gears the spree will take off like stock then have a much higher top end. I have not installed gears on my spree yet due to a full work load of other service. But my 44mm Spree's take off fast as * compared to stock. When I first got the 44mm kit to test I was worried about the power but was plesently suprised.

Marc
bradthreee
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by bradthreee »

Next up should be an expansion chamber :naughty:
tazland001
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by tazland001 »

Next is the 47mm kit. I have a expansion chamber demo pipe already in my engineers hands, but at the time I dont have the money to pay him. His next job is to design a 47mm kit, but that will cost hella cash. It will be ready by spring. I wanted the gears out of the way first.
Can you imagine a 47mm kit, racing gears and expansion chamber muffler for the spree. mohahahaha. You guys are lucky that I love scooters as much as you.... I am upgrading my Piaggio typhoon this week to a 47mm. Allready have a mallossi expansion chamber muffler. The stock gears are fast allready on top end. I will get at least 55mph. And loud as *. The farmers around here look at me like I am crazy. hehe
Lunytune
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Lunytune »

tazland001 wrote:Next is the 47mm kit.
In front of me I have an AF16 jug, AF05 Elite jug (same as Aero, I think) and a Spree jug. Naturally, the 16 is the largest, and the larger AF05 has plenty of meat. But is there enough meat on a Spree jug to punch out to 47mm? The 6mm overbore is almost 1/4". That's a pretty good stretch for that little jug. :imo:

ONE MORE THING, AS LONG AS WE HAVE YOUR ATTENTION. Have you considered providing an appropriate head or at least an exchange service for these bbk's? You provide a head with the AF16 kit, why not the Spree kit? Machine work is expensive, and not always readily available in backwoods areas where they pipe sunshine. My wife's SB50 died and I've got your 44mm kit for it, but can't move forward because we don't have a machine shop within 30 miles and when I do find one, it will be expensive for his minimum to chuck up.
Spreetard
Elite
Elite

Post by Spreetard »

Lunytune wrote:
tazland001 wrote:Next is the 47mm kit.
In front of me I have an AF16 jug, AF05 Elite jug (same as Aero, I think) and a Spree jug. Naturally, the 16 is the largest, and the larger AF05 has plenty of meat. But is there enough meat on a Spree jug to punch out to 47mm? The 6mm overbore is almost 1/4". That's a pretty good stretch for that little jug. :imo:

ONE MORE THING, AS LONG AS WE HAVE YOUR ATTENTION. Have you considered providing an appropriate head or at least an exchange service for these bbk's? You provide a head with the AF16 kit, why not the Spree kit? Machine work is expensive, and not always readily available in backwoods areas where they pipe sunshine. My wife's SB50 died and I've got your 44mm kit for it, but can't move forward because we don't have a machine shop within 30 miles and when I do find one, it will be expensive for his minimum to chuck up.
http://www.hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewto ... f=4&t=9266

with a bore of 47mm, and the stock stroke of 37.4mm, the displacement would be 64.913cc, the outer limit of how big a spree engine could be without machine work on the case to make a bigger bolt pattern for the jug.

also, the required head work is minimal and can be done with a cheap dremel tool. just put the bolts through the head, flip it upside down, place the new headgasket on top of it, then mark the size difference with a sharpie marker. grind out carefully to the line and down to the level of the rest of the combustion chamber. :mrgreen: it's about 1/2 an hour of work with the gnarly carbide tilecutting bit that i used, if you don't want to splurge for the 30 dollar tip, it'd probably take twice as long with normal grindstones. :roll:
Ol' Red
1987 Spree, 42mph on 49cc (gps)
Broken...
Spreeio
1987 Spree
With af16e powah!!!!
77cc Malossi Ministroker, 24mm oKo, 30mm V8 pipe.
Chinabike 3000! GY6 clone daily driver/ beater machine bought for $75!
redrocket
Goped
Goped

Post by redrocket »

so i have looked everywhere e bay for sale adds umm where are the gears posted
mr pibbs
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by mr pibbs »

redrocket wrote:so i have looked everywhere e bay for sale adds umm where are the gears posted
It looks like there are some currently listed. Taz's store can be found here:
http://stores.shop.ebay.com/alluneed-scooter-parts
1993 Elite - The Mad Max
Lunytune
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Lunytune »

That link describes a radical adaptation of an AF05 Elite jug, 1988-1993. If you compare that jug with a Spree jug, you will see that it has a lot more meat on it. To do that conversion also requires adapting other Elite components

Dremels are good tools in their place. It's not the way I want to go about cutting the head for the bbk.
redrocket
Goped
Goped

Post by redrocket »

well i found it on e bay he is asmart one lets bid on them heh i wish there was a but it now option :nervous:
tazland001
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by tazland001 »

When I send the kits, I give you info on where you can mail your head. My maker does not have the molds for a spree head and I am not paying him to make me one. It is just as easy to get the head done. If I added a head it would raise the price dramatically. It is cheaper to get it done Toboggan. He is a member and I put his information in every box. He will turn the head for 15 and 5 for shipping. Thats a good deal. And he is only 15 years old trying to make an honest buck. Thats kewl.
Here you guys go again. I dont design parts. I have guy that does this for me. I come with ideas and he tells me if it can be done. the 47mm can be done but not with the stock cylinder. The stock cylinder can only go to a 44mm without major issues. Good questions.....