ZX trans how-to

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

Trafficjamz
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Re: ZX trans how-to

Post by Trafficjamz »

I don't type very fast. :smile:
So I always try to give short simple answers, or use alot or pictures.:wink:
new best 1/8th mile time 9.647 seconds @67.155 mph 310lbs total weight
trains420
Spree
Spree

Post by trains420 »

trains420 wrote:
trains420 wrote: if you put it together you'd figure it out. the zx belt, would go over the top of the front pulleys, not able to go down in it.
sorry to make you read all that if you know everything, but how is it any different than
Trafficjamz wrote:
The boss is longer, so the belt can fit all the way down (further in) on the front pully. I think that is how it works

if you read everything i wrote you missed that, then my quote, then thanked someoene else for saying what i said, pretty much. whatever. i guess i won't correct problems that i see from now on.
thanks.
i'll point it out later though.

Edit:

what i mean, i don't even get how you get go down in it, i mean that, the belt would sit on top of the pulleys because they would be too close together to go down in it. not go over top. read. not go over. on top. be on top, of the pulleys, tehy would never go down in them. I mean when you put it on it goes on top. would never go in.
i already said this. do it youreslf, and you'd see.
steffen707
Elite
Elite

Post by steffen707 »

Trafficjams answer was just easier for me to get, that's all.
Last edited by steffen707 on Wed May 05, 2010 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
87 Honda Spree,
XX Yamaha YSR50
92 Yamaha Jog -> Stock.
05 Kymco Super 9-> My cruiser
xx Honda Gyro -> Man I gotta fix that.
98 Honda Elite S -> corsa, pg long, 24mm oko, ct chrome, ZX trans w/ ruckus variator, trailtech vapor gauges
Trafficjamz
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Trafficjamz »

trains420 wrote: i guess i won't correct problems that i see from now on.
thanks.
i'll point it out later though.

You did answer the question first
so, Thanks, from me, for what its worth. :hi:
I knew what you were talking about because I have seen it before. I was just trying to simpilfy your anwser.
new best 1/8th mile time 9.647 seconds @67.155 mph 310lbs total weight
trains420
Spree
Spree

Post by trains420 »

i had quoted what i'd told you though. and i went about doing a long explanation, with the answer at the bottom. so you could read and get it, or just read the answer.
steffen707
Elite
Elite

Post by steffen707 »

trains420 wrote:i had quoted what i'd told you though. and i went about doing a long explanation, with the answer at the bottom. so you could read and get it, or just read the answer.
DUDE, your explanation was in broken english and hard for me to understand, sorry I didn't get your explanation more easily then traficjamz.
Last edited by steffen707 on Thu May 06, 2010 3:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
87 Honda Spree,
XX Yamaha YSR50
92 Yamaha Jog -> Stock.
98 Honda Elite S -> corsa, pg long, 24mm oko, ct chrome, ZX trans w/ ruckus variator, trailtech vapor gauges
trains420
Spree
Spree

Post by trains420 »

the english language does not include paragraphs, periods. it's a language. punctuation is sometimes hard. it's the internet. i'm on a keyboard. you seemed to understand though you already said.

it's kinda like that test where none of the words are wrote right. you can read it. it's cause it's language, and not punctuation your looking for. them one tests, that are like, can you raed tihs sntencee. you look for the words not lettters, or broken sentences... so i don't get what you mean by broken english. half the hawaiins are hard to understand. but do i go in every topic telling them how hard their messed up missing this that thing is. it's all language and i get it, and i get peopel's different takes on it. and don't complain about everything. did you get the part where what me and the other guy said was, the same. i quoted it before, you understood everything. your stating after the fact the answer was gave, because me and him said the same thing. that you understand but you don't understand my answer. mine was gave first. fine understand that then. i don't get how you understand english. it's also a language, like broken, sometimes hawaiin guys. it can be hard, but.. you must not of understood anything. did you really get it. i guess don't take my word for it.

his answer and my answer where both of broken english, the differences. his was what i said, just different. broken, you might say. is that broken english, my answer. i think my answer was first, and right. it's the same. ahh. i won't bother anymore with you ok. i expolained this whole thing anyone has a question, it's right here.

EDIT: Let me make it more simpler. I took the time and went through to find all the different posts. And now let me paste them to show what's going on.

trains420:
[quote trains420]:
if you put it together you'd figure it out. the zx belt, would go over the top of the front pulleys, not able to go down in it.

steffen707
I don't see how the drive boss length would make the belt go over the front pulley. Can anybody else explain? I can't understand run-on paragraphs.

(there is no run-on paragraph, read that over again)

TrafficJamz:
The boss is longer, so the belt can fit all the way down (further in) on the front pully. I think that is how it works

steffen707:
Perfect, that makes sense. thanks a bunch!

evilone:
[quote trafficjamz]:
evilone:
Now that was simple huh?

steffen707:
lol, exactly answered my question.

ok well did not answer my question. all i gotta say is, the zx drive belt is wider. pfft what do you keep arguing with me about. i'm not pointing out the opposite for ...
uh the opposite means that you have to look at your own thing, your own problem. like i'm not the free store. this isn't unicef. i don't give out free stuff. figure it out, i'll show you if you can't figure it out, how would explaining it to you work.
steffen707
Elite
Elite

Post by steffen707 »

:b2t:

Anyways, if I'm concerned about the 669 belt rubbing on part of the case, would the belt rub away a black magic marker ink on the inside of the trans case?

I figured that was the easiest way to tell if I had a rubbing problem. I've already taken a large amount of material off but worry that I havnt taken enough off.
87 Honda Spree,
XX Yamaha YSR50
92 Yamaha Jog -> Stock.
evilone
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by evilone »

steffen707 wrote::b2t:

Anyways, if I'm concerned about the 669 belt rubbing on part of the case, would the belt rub away a black magic marker ink on the inside of the trans case?

I figured that was the easiest way to tell if I had a rubbing problem. I've already taken a large amount of material off but worry that I havnt taken enough off.
I would think it would, you can mark your front pulley and belt will wear the marker off.

trains420, i made this post so out of respect will you please stop with the long posts? I see a new comment and ta-da it's trains420 rambling again. If you want to continue could you please make a new seperate post. I try to be nice about it but you just rub me the wrong way sometimes. I have a hard time understanding what you write and you seem to get upset when anyone replies with anything.
2001 Honda Elite
1995 Yamaha Jog
1994 Yamaha Axis

I can't believe
that cop put me
in the backseat
when I clearly
called shotgun.
steffen707
Elite
Elite

Post by steffen707 »

Thanks Evilone, your PM about the sharpy on the variator made me think this will work. Ill try it out and post back the results.
87 Honda Spree,
XX Yamaha YSR50
92 Yamaha Jog -> Stock.
trains420
Spree
Spree

Post by trains420 »

what's wrong, the zx drive belt is wider.
you made this post out of respect? i don't get that.

you mean, getting the question answered. that was simple huh?
that. uh. then. uh well like it still doesn't answer why he wouldn't acknowledge his question was answered. i don't know that it was. i see he appreciated someoen else but not me. the same answer was given. and you know what. i'm actually switching around questions here. andwhen you on purpose are looking for stuff to pick at. i'm putting it like this to keep you from yelling and when your going around still picking things wrong, that's smoke and mirrors and i'm tired of it. i am trying to find out if my question was answered. i am actually going through and switchign words around. just to keep you from yelling. like for instance. i was going to write,one thing, then i switched it around. It's like them two answers which are identical. switched around to say the same thing. trafficjamz did say it different.
still i was first. got no acknowledgement. please stay off me if my questions bother you. if i was to say i wouldn't say something, then you got me mad and my response would be to defend myself, then, through no fault of my own, you would of been offended. so take it legitly. would you.

express restraint with your answers would you.
if he doesn't want to aknowledge i'm right, i don't care anymore. i know it's right, and i know it's works, so i don't give a crap anymore.
bye.
just exercise some restraint in your answers. just if you switch the whole thing around in your own mind it makes no sense. you'll pick a fight you won't win. you have to pick and fight. that's enough. lay off. i'm not going to put up with carelessness. i'm going to do something about it.
steffen707
Elite
Elite

Post by steffen707 »

trains420 wrote:what's wrong, the zx drive belt is wider.
you made this post out of respect? i don't get that.

you mean, getting the question answered. that was simple huh?
that. uh. then. uh well like it still doesn't answer why he wouldn't acknowledge his question was answered. i don't know that it was. i see he appreciated someoen else but not me. the same answer was given. and you know what. i'm actually switching around questions here. andwhen you on purpose are looking for stuff to pick at. i'm putting it like this to keep you from yelling and when your going around still picking things wrong, that's smoke and mirrors and i'm tired of it. i am trying to find out if my question was answered. i am actually going through and switchign words around. just to keep you from yelling. like for instance. i was going to write,one thing, then i switched it around. It's like them two answers which are identical. switched around to say the same thing. trafficjamz did say it different.
still i was first. got no acknowledgement. please stay off me if my questions bother you. if i was to say i wouldn't say something, then you got me mad and my response would be to defend myself, then, through no fault of my own, you would of been offended. so take it legitly. would you.

express restraint with your answers would you.
if he doesn't want to aknowledge i'm right, i don't care anymore. i know it's right, and i know it's works, so i don't give a crap anymore.
bye.
just exercise some restraint in your answers. just if you switch the whole thing around in your own mind it makes no sense. you'll pick a fight you won't win. you have to pick and fight. that's enough. lay off. i'm not going to put up with carelessness. i'm going to do something about it.
Can a moderator please delete this post, and can we get :b2t:
87 Honda Spree,
XX Yamaha YSR50
92 Yamaha Jog -> Stock.
trains420
Spree
Spree

Post by trains420 »

hahahahaha
awesome.

steffen707:Yeah i know how the trans works in general, all i asked is what happens...

that's what i put,
so can you explain this.

steffen707: can moderators delete this so we can get back to topic.

you answering you understand how a transmission works in general, says you understood what i wrote. care to explain now.
steffen707
Elite
Elite

Post by steffen707 »

trains420 wrote:hahahahaha
awesome.

steffen707:Yeah i know how the trans works in general, all i asked is what happens...

that's what i put,
so can you explain this.

steffen707: can moderators delete this so we can get back to topic.

you answering you understand how a transmission works in general, says you understood what i wrote. care to explain now.
CAN A MODERATOR PLEASE DELETE TRAINS420 FROM THIS FORUM.
87 Honda Spree,
XX Yamaha YSR50
92 Yamaha Jog -> Stock.
trains420
Spree
Spree

Post by trains420 »

i ignored you.
so you've decided to turn it into an actual attack after all that explanation..
i'll let the mods decide. they've watched the show for 30 minutes now.
it's a show i say.. watching this. as i know i was right, i explained in detail, as you ignored. said you already knew and asked for more.
i'm leaving it at that. and dont' think it's over. attacking me. laugh all you want.
i explained, it in detail. you ignored, that's all you been doing. trafficjamz couldn't even add anything different. you aren't even listenning to trafficjamz. or whtever. i don't know what that was about.
...well, ill leave it at this.