AF05E Exhaust List - Aero and Elite 87-93 engines

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

fightingplankton
CB900F
CB900F

Re: AF05E Exhaust List - Aero and Elite 87-93 engines

Post by fightingplankton »

so...after an overly long winter, and another new job... im finally getting back into tuning my bike.
would love to see if anyone has any updates for compatible pipes for the af05e.
'86 spree
'86 aero50
'83 aero80
fightingplankton
CB900F
CB900F

Post by fightingplankton »

also...looking at those pics...do all of those pipes fit on unmodded?
it looks like the arrow pipe is the only one that has the same angle bolting on to the engine that the stock one has.
like, the technigas one looks like the port would have to be pointed down, not toward the front as is the case on my aero.
'86 spree
'86 aero50
'83 aero80
Bugaboo
Spree
Spree

Post by Bugaboo »

Just ordered the Wild Lion. Let you guys know how it fits when I get it and how it performs once my BBK is broke in
It's official! I'm addicted
turtle13
Elite
Elite

Post by turtle13 »

Did you get the Aero wild lion? If so where from? I would like to pick one up for my wife's Aero.
'85 aero Malossi BBK w/ Malossi gears, Malossi head, Polini Ruckus Vari and Malossi Wild Lion exhaust
'62 125cc Honda cub
'78 50 special Vespa Small frame
eliteguy50
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by eliteguy50 »

fightingplankton wrote:also...looking at those pics...do all of those pipes fit on unmodded?
it looks like the arrow pipe is the only one that has the same angle bolting on to the engine that the stock one has.
like, the technigas one looks like the port would have to be pointed down, not toward the front as is the case on my aero.
Generally so. There can be some persuasion needed for the perfect alignment. Some of those are just the stock photos to show the concept of the pipe. If you order the variated af05 pipe (use the part numbers from the thread).
motormike wrote:Errands become adventures.
Bugaboo
Spree
Spree

Post by Bugaboo »

Its a lion for a vision. I've been told It's the same as my se50 we'll see. And I got it from malossi usa. A link is listed in first post of this thread
losthope
Elite
Elite

Post by losthope »

Bugaboo wrote:Its a lion for a vision. I've been told It's the same as my se50 we'll see. And I got it from malossi usa. A link is listed in first post of this thread
I thought they didnt make that exhaust anymore. Did you get the pipe yet?
Jim Moore
BMX
BMX

Post by Jim Moore »

Has anyone ever gotten an exhaust that fit on an 93 Elite SR? If so, where and how much. I already have one exhaust that doesn't fit in my garage. I don't want another one.

Thanks,

Jim Moore
eliteguy50
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by eliteguy50 »

Jim Moore wrote:Has anyone ever gotten an exhaust that fit on an 93 Elite SR? If so, where and how much. I already have one exhaust that doesn't fit in my garage. I don't want another one.

Thanks,

Jim Moore
I had my Leo Vince sp3 on a '93 sa50.
Jim Moore
BMX
BMX

Post by Jim Moore »

eliteguy50 wrote:I had my Leo Vince sp3 on a '93 sa50.
I'm not up on the lingo. Is the sa50 the same as an Elite 50? If so, did you see any preformance gains? Did you need to rejet the carb?

thanks,

Jim Moore
eliteguy50
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by eliteguy50 »

Jim Moore wrote:
eliteguy50 wrote:I had my Leo Vince sp3 on a '93 sa50.
I'm not up on the lingo. Is the sa50 the same as an Elite 50? If so, did you see any preformance gains? Did you need to rejet the carb?

thanks,

Jim Moore
The sa50 is the body/frame. If you have a 1988-2001 Elite LX, S, or SR, you have an sa50 or sa50p (restricted version). The 1993 model elite SR is an sa50.

I had to upjet and swap weights (lighter). Yes, there is a performance gain. Acceleration and top speed improved. It is a hair shy of stock launch but everywhere else is an improvement. A little louder but sounds good.
turtle13
Elite
Elite

Post by turtle13 »

losthope wrote:
Bugaboo wrote:Its a lion for a vision. I've been told It's the same as my se50 we'll see. And I got it from malossi usa. A link is listed in first post of this thread
I thought they didnt make that exhaust anymore. Did you get the pipe yet?
i was wondering if you got it as well, mr wheel person had a * of a time trying to get parts from them at the time that i got my wild lion, unfortunatly i got mine, he did never did get his... if it is still coming in under rosell imports it could be a little interesting.
is your wild lion a chamber or is it the one like on my bike?
'85 aero Malossi BBK w/ Malossi gears, Malossi head, Polini Ruckus Vari and Malossi Wild Lion exhaust
'62 125cc Honda cub
Bugaboo
Spree
Spree

Post by Bugaboo »

Just got it in today. Took 10 days which is pretty good. Looks to be exactly like yours turtle13. Two pieces head pipe and chamber. Not sure if it will mount correctly. My engines off my bike and the wheels off so I have no idea if it will fit right in (doubt it). Won't have time for a while to get to it either.

What did you have to do to get yours on turtle? My panels are left off so I'm not concerned with that.
Bugaboo
Spree
Spree

Post by Bugaboo »

***erased post***
turtle13
Elite
Elite

Post by turtle13 »

If it is for a vision, you shouldn't have to do any thing. Mine is a dio pipe that I modified to fit as I couldn't find the vision pipe at that time, plus I got a * of a deal. You may want to put a longer and stiffer shock on to prevent bottoming out on the pipe because of the angle it sits at.
'62 125cc Honda cub