My 2001 elite 50 build-up

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

aerorob
Elite
Elite

My 2001 elite 50 build-up

Post by aerorob »

hey everyone, i received an unexpected bonus at my job and am about top go on a spending spree...

my goal with my 2001 elite is to make it as quick as possible while keeping it 50cc.

are there any exhausts that anyone has tested and liked for the stock af16e motor?
i am re-gearing it, so i want all the power i can get out of my stock bore.
and one other question, if there are exhausts out there, with my stock intake what jetting should i be looking at?
i want to keep my stock air box because i ride where it can get wet.

i have already added a keli vari with 8.5g weights, and am going to install my 1.5k centerspring when i re-gear it.

thanks in advance for everyones knowledge!
Last edited by aerorob on Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
2001 Elite SR48mm big bore, 90/90, keli vari, yws V8 30mm pipe, 8.4:1 gears 62 mph gps
Wheelman-111

Re: stock bore elite exhaust options

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

Why is keeping it 50cc a priority?
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
NorthNB50
Noob
Noob

Post by NorthNB50 »

http://www.jiangwayne.com/scooter/p_i.php?i=58
If you have any questions about what rollers to use with it i suggest
sending this guy an email.
I had stock dio with gears when I was 15 and it was very able to get the speedo needle
past 70km, but not much more.
'86 Honda Aero NB50
'97 Honda Dio SR ...Gone but not forgotten
bakaracer
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by bakaracer »

aerorob wrote:hey everyone, i received an unexpected bonus at my job and am about top go on a spending spree...

my goal with my 2001 elite is to make it as quick as possible while keeping it 50cc.

are there any exhausts that anyone has tested and liked for the stock af16e motor?
i am re-gearing it, so i want all the power i can get out of my stock bore.
and one other question, if there are exhausts out there, with my stock intake what jetting should i be looking at?
i want to keep my stock air box because i ride where it can get wet.

i have already added a keli vari with 8.5g weights, and am going to install my 1.5k centerspring when i re-gear it.

thanks in advance for everyones knowledge!
with the stock exhaust the bike is capable of hitting 53mph with the stock bore,carb, aftermarket gears and aftermarket pulley.don't forget to puch out the tab in the airbox inlet.from honda they only have 1 hole open.up jet to a 85 or 88 jet.make sure the washer in the exhaust is out and get some clutch shoes springs to go with the center spring you bought.then retune your weights.
Nothing like getting stroked!
Thanks to my sponsors
Nos Energy Drinks,themopedcompany.com,nwautoevents.com,Cycle Gear
90 honda dio sp 72cc
87 elite 50 s with 86cc watercooled mini stroke
87 elite 50 race bike mhr 72cc
91 yamaha tzr 250r
aerorob
Elite
Elite

Post by aerorob »

i would like to keep it 50cc until this summer when the temps even out and i have time to break in/tune a bigbore properly.
my thought is that i could get an exhaust that would work ok with the 50cc bore, but more importantly work well with my future big bore kit. i figure gears will get me up to almost 50, i just want to get there a little easier, and i figure a mild pipe would be a good addition to it now as well as later when i big bore it.
2001 Elite SR48mm big bore, 90/90, keli vari, yws V8 30mm pipe, 8.4:1 gears 62 mph gps
Wheelman-111

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

Ah, I see. The LeoVince works for 50-80 ccs, as does the JiangWayne V8. Malossi may make a muffler-style exhaust for the SA16. If so that's likely t be a good choice too. The Chamber-style exhausts all seem designed for 72 and bigger. Maybe bags the low end.
Wheelman-111
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
aerorob
Elite
Elite

Post by aerorob »

thanks wheelman,

i was on jiangwaynes website looking at the V8 pipe and i think it says its for 72cc+ , says i will loose all my torque. but if you have had experience with it, i would beleive you before a website. its a pretty badass looking pipe too.
the other pipe he has for the dio, the silver one with the blue exhaust shield bolts. is that pipe a good option?
thanks
aerorob
Elite
Elite

Post by aerorob »

so any of you experienced with the V8 exhaust, could i make it work on my stock bore until i go big bore this summer?
thanks
Wheelman-111

Re: stock bore V8

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

I believe the V8 can improve a stock bore's top end if you lighten rollers to 6-7. It may lose a little bottom.
Wheelman-111
ldrancer
BMX
BMX

Post by ldrancer »

Did you bother to read before you sent someone there. The V8 there is a 33mm size. it's for big big bore's. there's another V8, that is 28mm size. you want that, not the one there. the V8 may be good. check for it other places.
evilone
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by evilone »

aerorob wrote:thanks wheelman,

i was on jiangwaynes website looking at the V8 pipe and i think it says its for 72cc+ , says i will loose all my torque. but if you have had experience with it, i would beleive you before a website. its a pretty badass looking pipe too.
the other pipe he has for the dio, the silver one with the blue exhaust shield bolts. is that pipe a good option?
thanks
That pipe on jiangwaynes website is huge.
"Special designed for 90 ~ 150cc cylinders' capacity"
"This pipe will NOT fit on stock ~ 72cc bigger bore cylinders"

The silver with blue bolts looks good
"Designed for people who rides scooter everyday,
1/2 weight lighter than stock pipe can decreased loads
& increased top-end speed, excellent for stock ~ 90cc bigger bore cylinders.
We recommend 7g rollers for HONDA or SYM Dio stock 50cc engine."

I'd just save my money and keep stock muffler. Then when i got a big bore i'd go with a PG long.
2001 Honda Elite
1995 Yamaha Jog
1994 Yamaha Axis

I can't believe
that cop put me
in the backseat
when I clearly
called shotgun.
aerorob
Elite
Elite

Post by aerorob »

thanks eveyone, how loud are PG's? i dont want people to hate me when i warm up in the morning.
evilone
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by evilone »

You would probably be hated :wink:. Even my R1 was WAY louder than stock. I get to hear my PG for the first time in April or May.
2001 Honda Elite
1995 Yamaha Jog
1994 Yamaha Axis

I can't believe
that cop put me
in the backseat
when I clearly
called shotgun.
aerorob
Elite
Elite

Post by aerorob »

eh, i guess ill just let them all hate on me... i like the way the V8 looks,
evilone--how is your R1? would you recomend it?
evilone
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by evilone »

aerorob wrote:eh, i guess ill just let them all hate on me... i like the way the V8 looks,
evilone--how is your R1? would you recomend it?
It wasn't too bad. From what i understand it's a low rev pipe and the PG is a high rev pipe. I haven't heard anything bad about the PG and that's why i'm going with it, tons of people say the PG is the best for big bored motors. By the way aerorob, my motor is modded quite a bit, that's why i'm going PG instead of R1. Not sure about the R1 on a stock bore, i was running it on my modded motor. Below is a quote from fellow forum user about the V8 versus PG.
I had the v8 with silencer and it sucked *. The pg long is the best pipe from what I could research. After I installed the pipe but with the 24mm oko carb it kicked some major aaasss. Big difference in pipes.
So i'm not sure what to tell you or what to recommend. I'd keep stock muffler until i added a big bore and spend saved money on cylinder porting. I'm guessing that would get you to speed quicker than aftermarket muffler on stock cylinder.
2001 Honda Elite
1995 Yamaha Jog
1994 Yamaha Axis

I can't believe
that cop put me
in the backseat
when I clearly
called shotgun.