Spree-Dio Conversion Shock Mount Question

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

mookie
Elite
Elite

Spree-Dio Conversion Shock Mount Question

Post by mookie »

bigluelok wrote:i nominate Burnt_Toast and Project Tempest (SpreeTypeR) viewtopic.php?f=16&t=10571
ImageImage
first i've seen of this one but i do like the concept and just the other night i was looking at the SpreeDio whilst the covers were back and saw the same setup in my head. no running boards or at least some sort of wings or doo dads on the side of them and a rearset type footpeg arrangement back there near the motormount.
may i suggest a bobber type solo seat?
example:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Harley-C ... 5637ca8df9

sidestand- i found that a F4i side stand is a pretty good basis. it welds up to the main tube nicely and once sized for lean angle works well.
just remember that all the weight is in the back and the stand must be towards the front or it simply won't balance properly and tend to fall over easily. i found this out the hard way with my first frame i did for the 16 motor.
i ended up junking it and started all over...
now i have a nice functional side stand.
still i wanna add the centerstand cus they are quiet handy for service and security.i envision a pair of 'rails welded to the frame at the the original pivot point of the c-stand and then it attached onto the rails.. hard to explain but i think it's do-able.

hey- what's the details of the shock mount section?
always a good place to see what's what...
busting my knuckles on vices since
for long as i can remember
burnt_toast
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Re: Spree-Dio Conversion Shock Mount Question

Post by burnt_toast »

see build thread for shock mount details
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=10571
projects galore :nerd: