Hold on for this one..

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

Tippmann98
Spree
Spree

Hold on for this one..

Post by Tippmann98 »

Hey guys, its been a while but i have been kinda busy. But anyway, i go to East side vocational school now. There is something called Skills USA, look for it online and you will see all about it.

Getting back to the story: I am in the process of creating my Skills USA project. What better to use than a Honda Spree???.
First off, i started by cleaning it all up then i did this.

Now what would you do if that happened to you?? what else but add about 13 feet to it

Haha, just jokin. I only added 27" to the frame.. but go out and see what an extreme that is on your spree. I still have to modify the handle bars, throttle and rear brake lines, all wiring... Its really a lotta work. But here it is as of so far.

It just does not end there yet.. I still have yet to modify/build an engine. The engine will feature NOS and a turbo. I will probably have to find a new carberator for this application. I am also building a custom exhaughst, installing a sterio, putting on a buncha lights, ect... you get the picture. When its done it will be sweet. i will be sure to keep you guys posted..

-Tippmann98
darat
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by darat »

d***!!! are u trying to make it like a elite 80 lol
MICHIGAN MOPED MAFIA Co Founder VET OG. 95 YAMAHA JOG 70CC
Tippmann98
Spree
Spree

Post by Tippmann98 »

haha, not sure really. but it should be cool in the end. Gonna have to ride it like a chopper
noiseguy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by noiseguy »

I'd be tempted to run down a Loncin 125cc engine for this project; a Chinese manufacture that build a lot of engines for scoots and MCs. The 125cc is entirely aircooled (no water lines) and would have better power overall. Also 4-stroke, for what that's worth. Any shop that deals in Chinese scoots should be able to source these motors as crate units.
Last edited by noiseguy on Fri Dec 09, 2005 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Admin, Hondaspree.net

Buy air filters and gaskets here (Ebay): http://stores.ebay.com/noiseguysstore
Buy air filters and gaskets here (Amazon): www.amazon.com/shops/spreepower
Buy a t-shirt here: https://teespring.com/stores/spree-powersport-products
Tippmann98
Spree
Spree

Post by Tippmann98 »

yeah, that would be great. but im not so sure about it. I may just transform a stock engine because it would be easier cause i have lotsa spare stuff. Also, i will need the extra room i can make in the engine bay. (installing a sound system..)
maddog
CB900F
CB900F

Post by maddog »

Man! that is the worst frame design i have ever seen, if i step on it and it bends; its a joke! keep the frame stock and extend the rear swing arm, and if you have balls go to www.earthscooters.com and check out the viper, remember while can't fabricate at this time you guys can't build my engines!!!!
some people dream of speed, i own your dreams!
noiseguy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by noiseguy »

Loncin. That's the name. GY6 motors. Good link, BTW.

I'd attempt the swap myself if it weren't for the fact that the Loncin uses a 12" rr wheel. It would look goofy on otherwise stock Spree, unless one swapped in a different front wheel. I'm trying to source a 50cc Honda knockoff locally... haven't had much luck. If I get serious it sounds like I could have a SYM unit shipped from HI.

Gotta admit, I don't know where you're going with this design. A lay-down scoot? I see triangulation in your future with this design, so it doesn't fold up under road loads.
Admin, Hondaspree.net

Buy air filters and gaskets here (Ebay): http://stores.ebay.com/noiseguysstore
Buy air filters and gaskets here (Amazon): www.amazon.com/shops/spreepower
Buy a t-shirt here: https://teespring.com/stores/spree-powersport-products
Tippmann98
Spree
Spree

Post by Tippmann98 »

no guys, you should see the steel tubing i used for this and hte welds i made.. no f***ing way it will bend. Also, keep in mind this is no where from being completed. I am still getting aftermarket front frrks (1" longer) also i am changing the degree of the front forks from the frame.
burnt_toast
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by burnt_toast »

maddog wrote:Man! that is the worst frame design i have ever seen, if i step on it and it bends; its a joke! keep the frame stock and extend the rear swing arm, and if you have balls go to www.earthscooters.com and check out the viper, remember while can't fabricate at this time you guys can't build my engines!!!!
props for being unique, but I agree with maddog on this.
projects galore :nerd:
KillinSpree
Elite
Elite

spree

Post by KillinSpree »

Good luck trying to get all spree parts to put that back together. :roll:
Tippmann98
Spree
Spree

Post by Tippmann98 »

haha, dont worry.. i know what i am doing and i have an unlimited budget..
KillinSpree
Elite
Elite

spree

Post by KillinSpree »

* if you have the money than why not go for it. Good Luck man
spreegusto
Noob
Noob

Post by spreegusto »

a spree limo! only can i wait until we see the whole line of them..
spree trike
spree motorcycle
spree snowmobile
spree jetski
spree plane
spree ice cream truck
man the spree can do anything..
good luck tippman!
hrnytrtlsgsxr
Elite
Elite

Post by hrnytrtlsgsxr »

i would of not put that bar in the middle but extende the motor mount instead. or weld the spree front o an elite 94-01 back. That should give it more stability. But for what you got now the extended motor mount should be better.