CRF50 carb

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

turtle13
Elite
Elite

CRF50 carb

Post by turtle13 »

as i am in search of affordable carburation so i dont fry my brand new kit, i started thinking about capturedbyrobots dealings with a crf50 carb on surf'n'turfs standup. supposedly it fits the same bolt patterns and we can get them in a variety of sizes. the one draw back is that it is a manual choke (doesnt bother me at all). it seems that one can pick up a "mikuni" carb under 50$ shipped,
flea bay mikuni
but i am leery of whether or not these are real mikuni's. as long as it is a quality carb that fits stock mounting (airbox optional) and has adjustable pilot and main jets i will be happy.
'85 aero Malossi BBK w/ Malossi gears, Malossi head, Polini Ruckus Vari and Malossi Wild Lion exhaust
'62 125cc Honda cub
'78 50 special Vespa Small frame
Trafficjamz
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Re: CRF50 carb

Post by Trafficjamz »

Those do NOT bolt up to a spree. :cry:

They are much larger than a spree carb. :shock:

They do have replaceable pilot and main jets. :thumbsup:

new best 1/8th mile time 9.647 seconds @67.155 mph 310lbs total weight
turtle13
Elite
Elite

Post by turtle13 »

Hmmm... I wonder which one surfnturf is running then.
'85 aero Malossi BBK w/ Malossi gears, Malossi head, Polini Ruckus Vari and Malossi Wild Lion exhaust
'62 125cc Honda cub
Wheelman-111

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

There is an Arreche-for-Honda 17.5 at Scooter-Center.com that I would try if I owned a Spree. Unfortunately, the bystarter is located in the same place as Aero/Elite PA-Series carbs, potentially fouling the shock. Seem to recall reading at least one Forumista has overcome this issue, perhaps with a relocated shock mount or ?

I do believe that Spree/SB engines deserve a good carb, particularly if upgraded to a Taz bore and gears.
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
capturedbyrobots
Goped
Goped

Post by capturedbyrobots »

I'll pm him to see what brand /model number he has.
I know the one he has bolts up,
the guy who he bought it from said it was from a Honda 4T 50....
I thought he said a Crf 50.
It looks just like that carb shown by Traffic,
but it's smaller and it has that same giant bar for the choke,
with "CHOKE" stamped into the steel.
turtle13
Elite
Elite

Post by turtle13 »

Wheelman-111 wrote:Greetings:

There is an Arreche-for-Honda 17.5 at Scooter-Center.com that I would try if I owned a Spree. Unfortunately, the bystarter is located in the same place as Aero/Elite PA-Series carbs, potentially fouling the shock. Seem to recall reading at least one Forumista has overcome this issue, perhaps with a relocated shock mount or ?

I do believe that Spree/SB engines deserve a good carb, particularly if upgraded to a Taz bore and gears.
This is going on my aero, so the shock mounting shouldn't be an issue then right?
I think the carb that trafficjamz was comparing is around a 28 or so mm carb, since on an aero you max out at 63 cc going that large is just absurd. 18-20mm should be about right. Right? Since those would be a smaller throat, they could still be the same stud spacing.
From wheelmans experience I could co with a ct intake and possibly get more power, but will probably run into clearance issues with the body panels... but I would have a much larger selection of carbs available...
'62 125cc Honda cub
Wheelman-111

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

The Scooter-Center Arreche-for-Hondas come in sizes up to 24, but at 63cc I'd suggest a 21. The 17.5 I had was really sweet and easy to tune. I can't begin to remember the pilot size, but I went through a couple different emulsion tubes before I got the low end/midrange just right. Maybe a 101 main? 106 with a Pod filter.

I was able to adapt a CT to the Aero SE/05 block, but yes this required cutting Precious Bodily Panels. :cry: A mistake I'll not soon make again. :oops: Go with the Arreche, you'll like it!
Wheelman-111
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
turtle13
Elite
Elite

Post by turtle13 »

Anybody know the model off hand that bolts up to the manifold?
'62 125cc Honda cub
Bear45-70
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Bear45-70 »

turtle13 wrote:Anybody know the model off hand that bolts up to the manifold?
Why not call and ask the guys you are gonna order from? :eyeroll:
Bear 45/70

'83 Aero 80 X 3
'84 Aero 80 X 3

'85 Aero 80
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'84 Aero 125
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'85 Aero 50
'85 Spree
turtle13
Elite
Elite

Post by turtle13 »

Bear45-70 wrote:
turtle13 wrote:Anybody know the model off hand that bolts up to the manifold?
Why not call and ask the guys you are gonna order from? :eyeroll:
Sorry, I meant the arreche that bolts up? I was still at work and couldn't look up too much. I would prefer not to order from scootercenter if possible as I don't want to pay shipping from the UK.
'62 125cc Honda cub
Wheelman-111

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

England?! Mein Gott in Himmel! Scooter-Center ist in der FatherLand!

I suggest you browse on over there and drill down Honda > Vision and search Carbs. I'm on BB or I'd be more helpful. You may find the model and then see if anyone Stateside can get it. The Moped Hospital or Provo Scooters are Arreche dealers. Total cost for mine was around $80 via DHL from Germany. They might have an LV SP-3 4447 left too. Good pipe and quiet too.
Wheelman-111
wiguy05
Elite
Elite

Post by wiguy05 »

I'm pretty sure that CRF "Mikuni" carb is the same as the 20mm "Mikuni" my Madass bore kit came with. It is actually a Chinese clone carb made by a company called Chen Sheng, if memory serves me correct. They use very uncommon jets also.

20mm Carb

MAINS

PILOTS

With that being said, I don't think I'd use one on a two-stroker. Its a nice carb, but nothing like my old OKO unit!
2006 Sachs Madass
- FTP 140cc Kit
- Stock 125cc undertail exhaust

2006 Xkeleton Trickster
- Lifan 90cc auto
drizzle
Elite
Elite

Post by drizzle »

turtle13 wrote:From wheelmans experience I could co with a ct intake and possibly get more power, but will probably run into clearance issues with the body panels... but I would have a much larger selection of carbs available...
if you don't mind ordering from europe, 50cc.eu (under the name of "vision") has a stock-looking manifold bored out to 20mm that bolts right up to the 4-bolt AF05 block. with barbs for vacuum and oil so you can keep the stock injection. i never tried it myself, but its another possibility. also, the malossi adaptor from the same section.

allows you to use ANY carb you want, but you're still stuck with the 17mm intake.
turtle13
Elite
Elite

Post by turtle13 »

Wheelman-111 wrote:Greetings:

England?! Mein Gott in Himmel! Scooter-Center ist in der FatherLand!

I suggest you browse on over there and drill down Honda > Vision and search Carbs. I'm on BB or I'd be more helpful. You may find the model and then see if anyone Stateside can get it. The Moped Hospital or Provo Scooters are Arreche dealers. Total cost for mine was around $80 via DHL from Germany. They might have an LV SP-3 4447 left too. Good pipe and quiet too.
wait...
is this it?
http://www.provoscooter.com/scooters/ar ... kymco.html
well so far it looks like scooter-center may be cheapest. now that i am home and not browsing through my phone i can definately tell that ist de german... for some reason i thought they were UK based.
'62 125cc Honda cub
Trafficjamz
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Trafficjamz »

turtle13 wrote: This is going on my aero, so the shock mounting shouldn't be an issue then right?
I think the carb that trafficjamz was comparing is around a 28 or so mm carb, since on an aero you max out at 63 cc going that large is just absurd. 18-20mm should be about right. Right? Since those would be a smaller throat, they could still be the same stud spacing.
The mikuni carb in that picture is only a 21mm carb.
new best 1/8th mile time 9.647 seconds @67.155 mph 310lbs total weight