Elite SE50 Mods

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

Feral_Sparky
Goped
Goped

Elite SE50 Mods

Post by Feral_Sparky »

I remember seeing a 1987 Honda Elite SE50 that was all tricked out. Front forks were replaced with shocks. Converted to disk brake. Had a different handlebar setup. And a side kickstand. Was really sweet. What I wanna know is how hard would it be to convert the front forks to shocks instead of Honda's OEM design? And how hard would it be to convert to disk brakes?

Take into account that if you show me the parts I could figure it out myself and I am very mechanically inclined. Also an ASE Certified tech.
1987 Honda Elite SE50
bakaracer
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Re: Elite SE50 Mods

Post by bakaracer »

you mean these ones?

Nothing like getting stroked!
Thanks to my sponsors
Nos Energy Drinks,themopedcompany.com,nwautoevents.com,Cycle Gear
90 honda dio sp 72cc
87 elite 50 s with 86cc watercooled mini stroke
87 elite 50 race bike mhr 72cc
91 yamaha tzr 250r
808BMW
Elite
Elite

Post by 808BMW »

:bowrofl: Baka just killed it!
In 2040 they say we're going away
We could never let them control
Hawaiian man, take back your hawaiian land
Feral_Sparky
Goped
Goped

Post by Feral_Sparky »

bakaracer wrote:you mean these ones?

Those would be the ones :)
1987 Honda Elite SE50
bakaracer
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by bakaracer »

the frontend is a live dio zx.on the 87 its plug and play.if you want more brake parts options,use the live dio zx af35,af28 dio zx or honda g dash triple tree. then you can use any of the taiwan aftermarket dio legs with any of the taiwan disc and adapter setup. the jdm dio legs have a smaller adapter bolt hole spacing so you are very limited on aftermarket disc to use and adapters. if you can find a g dash triple,its better to use so you dont have to remold the inners or cut the inner panels so that the triple doesnt rub.
Thanks to my sponsors
90 honda dio sp 72cc
91 yamaha tzr 250r
Feral_Sparky
Goped
Goped

Post by Feral_Sparky »

bakaracer wrote:the frontend is a live dio zx.on the 87 its plug and play.if you want more brake parts options,use the live dio zx af35,af28 dio zx or honda g dash triple tree. then you can use any of the taiwan aftermarket dio legs with any of the taiwan disc and adapter setup. the jdm dio legs have a smaller adapter bolt hole spacing so you are very limited on aftermarket disc to use and adapters. if you can find a g dash triple,its better to use so you dont have to remold the inners or cut the inner panels so that the triple doesnt rub.
Thanks for that bit. Very helpful. I am saving this info for future use. I really love my Elite and I wanna start toying with it a little here and there. And besides, I got it for cheap and it runs like new. So its not like I have alot invested into it yet.
1987 Honda Elite SE50
bakaracer
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by bakaracer »

the frontend conversion will cost more than the bike itself but well worth it if you plan doing a full custom look. the disc brake kits for the ruckus is the same for the dio.the only thing you cant use is the triple tree that some of the kits come with as its to wide.
Thanks to my sponsors
90 honda dio sp 72cc
91 yamaha tzr 250r
Feral_Sparky
Goped
Goped

Post by Feral_Sparky »

bakaracer wrote:the frontend conversion will cost more than the bike itself but well worth it if you plan doing a full custom look. the disc brake kits for the ruckus is the same for the dio.the only thing you cant use is the triple tree that some of the kits come with as its to wide.
Oh I had figured it would be expensive. But its a nice project to do on my spare time when I get spare cash... Another quicky. Where did the cowl come from. That looks sick :D
1987 Honda Elite SE50
eliteguy50
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by eliteguy50 »

Feral_Sparky wrote:
bakaracer wrote:the frontend conversion will cost more than the bike itself but well worth it if you plan doing a full custom look. the disc brake kits for the ruckus is the same for the dio.the only thing you cant use is the triple tree that some of the kits come with as its to wide.
Oh I had figured it would be expensive. But its a nice project to do on my spare time when I get spare cash... Another quicky. Where did the cowl come from. That looks sick :D
Bakaracer imports them for our scooter community. Great seller :thumbwink:
motormike wrote:Errands become adventures.
collgeprkbubbasprks
BMX
BMX

Post by collgeprkbubbasprks »

bakaracer, where did you get the adapters to mount normal handlebars to the elite. or what are they called specifically i cant find them for the life of me.
sdugasjr
BMX
BMX

Post by sdugasjr »

bakaracer wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:23 pm you mean these ones?

What wheels are those on your bikes? Forgive me for my ignorance
‘87 Elite SE50 - 72cc AF16
‘01 Elite SR
motormike

Post by motormike »

Those are stock wheels on the Japanese model "Honda Dio ZX Live"
RideRed
<Gyro S><MB5><Honda Navi><Helix><Sym Wolf><Yamaha Razz><Honda CH150 Deluxe>
"Live Large - Ride Small"
sdugasjr
BMX
BMX

Post by sdugasjr »

motormike wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 7:07 pm Those are stock wheels on the Japanese model "Honda Dio ZX Live"
Thank you! Will the rear wheel just bolt right up to a stock AF05E? Also I found a G Dash whole front assembly on an auction site, but I'm not sure how to get it to me, since they won't ship it due to it being apart of their "forbidden item" list. Any ideas?
‘87 Elite SE50 - 72cc AF16
‘01 Elite SR
veedubh20
CB900F
CB900F

Post by veedubh20 »

sdugasjr wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 8:54 pm [quote=motormike post_id=315431 time=<a href="tel:1646266038">1646266038</a> user_id=12041]
Those are stock wheels on the Japanese model "Honda Dio ZX Live"
Thank you! Will the rear wheel just bolt right up to a stock AF05E? Also I found a G Dash whole front assembly on an auction site, but I'm not sure how to get it to me, since they won't ship it due to it being apart of their "forbidden item" list. Any ideas?
[/quote]

No japan dio rear wheel on af05e
bonesv

Post by bonesv »

sdugasjr wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 8:54 pm
motormike wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 7:07 pm Those are stock wheels on the Japanese model "Honda Dio ZX Live"
You must use a service to bid and receive your parts then they will ship it to you but I warn you about the cost of shipping these days!
Japan Auction Agency is who I use. PayPal only and they are an excellent service. You can bid on just about anything on the yahoo.aleado.com website it’s in English. Keep in mind of the time zone there as they are in Japan. :peace:
Honda Elite SR
Honda Elite-Dio ZX

Dio ZX Headlight/Disc Brake Mod: http://hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=30861