dio clutch

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

diomike
Spree
Spree

dio clutch

Post by diomike »

iam running a dio with a 70cc kit with and cone filter i allso ordered yellow cluch springs . what rpm center spring should i get?
85stroka
Elite
Elite

Post by 85stroka »

depends, I would think, 12-15 k, would be good, if eant some snap run the 20% but deforwarned, you will wear out or crack the rear pulley!
It all depends on what you want? the higher the clutch springs the more rev before the bike moves, the higher the center spring the more power it takes to get the belt to drop on the rear pulley!
Remember,everyone is human,even if there stupid!
diomike
Spree
Spree

Post by diomike »

i dont know too much about the clucth. my friend put yellow springs on his and he said i should try it.he said it sorta helps on the take off.
should i put them on and leave the center spring alone.
85stroka
Elite
Elite

Post by 85stroka »

clutch springs are for take off, they allow the eng to rev higher before the weight of the clutch overrides the springs and then the clutch engages, the center spring affects how easliy the belt can go from big in the back to small in the back, i would prob go with 1200 clutch and 1200 center spring, the color means NOTHING
you have to go either by RPM or %
They sell kits that have different sets of springs -polini has a set that has 4 different strengths
Depends if you want streetablity or race ability ?
Remember,everyone is human,even if there stupid!
bitteraspects
CB900F
CB900F

Post by bitteraspects »

whered you get a 70cc bore kit for a dio? i know they make them for jogs, but never heard of a 70cc dio kit
hrnytrtlsgsxr
Elite
Elite

Post by hrnytrtlsgsxr »

bitteraspects wrote:whered you get a 70cc bore kit for a dio? i know they make them for jogs, but never heard of a 70cc dio kit
I believe that's because you never used a malossi. I'm almost definite on a 70cc kit from malossi that was made for the dio engine.
bitteraspects
CB900F
CB900F

Post by bitteraspects »

i beg to differ. i used to run malossi aluminum in my af18. infact thats what was in it when it was stolen. i was definately under the impression its a 72 like all other dio cylenders. ive run both the vast iron and aluminum, but never the single ring if thats the one youre referring to
hrnytrtlsgsxr
Elite
Elite

Post by hrnytrtlsgsxr »

My cylinder measures less than the 47mm but i could be doing it wrong. if you yahoo search you see alot of claims on the 70cc kit, Even a charmo one.But i didn't know of one like that. The zuma that rydah has has an upright motor but does carry the 70cc kit. I guess they didn't change the stroke when changing the BWS motor from vertical to horizontal.
bitteraspects
CB900F
CB900F

Post by bitteraspects »

i thought jog cranks are just shorter in general. hence the lower displacement. i hear a lot of people claim 70cc, but if its a dio its 72. i think people just round down to 70
hrnytrtlsgsxr
Elite
Elite

Post by hrnytrtlsgsxr »

bitteraspects wrote:i thought jog cranks are just shorter in general. hence the lower displacement. i hear a lot of people claim 70cc, but if its a dio its 72. i think people just round down to 70
The do make the dio 70cc for the dio horizontal but it's still callled a dio.Only way to be sure is measure the cylinder. And unless you have a calliper and actually measure the cylinder nothing can be claimed whether it be 72cc or 70cc.
hrnytrtlsgsxr
Elite
Elite

Post by hrnytrtlsgsxr »

haha i measuered the thing again and it read 47mm :oops:
bitteraspects
CB900F
CB900F

Post by bitteraspects »

:wink:

i know.

lol
darat
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by darat »

WOW 2 cc's
MICHIGAN MOPED MAFIA Co Founder VET OG. 95 YAMAHA JOG 70CC
bitteraspects
CB900F
CB900F

Post by bitteraspects »

its not about the displacement, the fact is there is no 70cc kit for a dio
darat
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by darat »

yeah but it is really not that big of a deal u know.. i mean big deal they dont make a 70cc's for a dio they make one for the elite.. well thats what is says.. i got the 65one.
MICHIGAN MOPED MAFIA Co Founder VET OG. 95 YAMAHA JOG 70CC