Battery-less system for an Aero 50?

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

noiseguy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by noiseguy »

The online service manual for the '85 doesn't show a kick starter, but it also doesn't show a sidecover that looks quite like yours... Can you grab a pic of the intake manifold, and how that bolts to the case? That will help ID it.
Admin, Hondaspree.net

Buy air filters and gaskets here (Ebay): http://stores.ebay.com/noiseguysstore
Buy air filters and gaskets here (Amazon): www.amazon.com/shops/spreepower
Buy a t-shirt here: https://teespring.com/stores/spree-powersport-products
MySpree
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by MySpree »

the 85 aero was the only year aero with no kickstart. the 86 and on have a kickstarter like an se50 the older ones have weird ones....
Kemmer
Goped
Goped

Post by Kemmer »

The scooter in the link is an 85, but he may have added one after the fact.

I've become more and more convinced as this project advances that I have no room for a battery. I simply must have a kickstarter. What years will fit then? What do I need besides the cover and kickstarter itslef? Does the kickstarter engage the same gears as the electric starter? I'll take some pictures of the engine as well as a shot or two with the cover removed. Thanks alot guys!
85stroka
Elite
Elite

Post by 85stroka »

Kemmer wrote:The scooter in the link is an 85, but he may have added one after the fact.

I've become more and more convinced as this project advances that I have no room for a battery. I simply must have a kickstarter. What years will fit then? What do I need besides the cover and kickstarter itslef? Does the kickstarter engage the same gears as the electric starter? I'll take some pictures of the engine as well as a shot or two with the cover removed. Thanks alot guys!
I think you can use a 87 elite or any any with a kickstarter.
You will need complete kicker cover and the frt outer drive face -electric start and kick start do end up turning the same gear -front outer drive face ,but in different ways' the electric contacts the outer drive face on the edge, the kickstarter engages the center of the drive face!
Remember,everyone is human,even if there stupid!
MySpree
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by MySpree »

dude * i posed here that i wanted al the panals! and now its not here darat stop dealeteing my posts!