Battery-less system for an Aero 50?

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

Kemmer
Goped
Goped

Battery-less system for an Aero 50?

Post by Kemmer »

I saw a picture of an Aero 50 with a kickstart here:
http://www3.telus.net/dougsimpson/JonsAero.html

Does anyone know if I can get one for an 85? I want to ditch my electric start and starter motor for simplicity on my chopper project.

Does anyone know if it's possible to run the lights and stuff off the generator and run without a battery? I'm having a hard time deciding where to put the battery and it would be nice to be able to ditch it altogether.
MySpree
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by MySpree »

i have no bettery i want one tho.... adn i have an 85 tooo so i dont have one and i have been asking around for a while i evenpmed noiseguy fro one..... and i cant fond one.... and can i have ur starter moter!
Kemmer
Goped
Goped

Post by Kemmer »

So all your lights and electrics work without a battery? How did you wire it up?
MySpree
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by MySpree »

yea i didnt have to re wire it... it has a diff electronic thingy on it from a off brand moped. a recifiter i think... so yea...
85stroka
Elite
Elite

Post by 85stroka »

if you run it without a battery -even a dead one you damage the rectifier- it acts as a buffer to keep the voltage somewhat stabilized!
without it you spike the rectifier
Remember,everyone is human,even if there stupid!
Kemmer
Goped
Goped

Post by Kemmer »

Screw it, I'll just find a place for the battery.

Does anyone know about the kickstart thing?
Kemmer
Goped
Goped

Post by Kemmer »

MySpree wrote:i have no bettery i want one tho.... adn i have an 85 tooo so i dont have one and i have been asking around for a while i evenpmed noiseguy fro one..... and i cant fond one.... and can i have ur starter moter!
You can get a battery from checker for $40 bucks. If I can find a way to kickstart an aero, my starter motor will be up for grabs.
85stroka
Elite
Elite

Post by 85stroka »

so want a kickstarter? I would think all you would need to do is get the complete cover with gear and he front drive face with the teeth on it in order to use a kick starter? - I thought all honda's had a kickstarter?
You could just use a small 12 battery - the smaller the better for you and since you dont want a electric starter you dont need the cca, you could also use a battery eliminator- their on ebay, again this is a just a big/bunch of capictors to keep the voltage from spiking!
MySpree
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by MySpree »

or jsut get an se50 starter!
Kemmer
Goped
Goped

Post by Kemmer »

My Aero has no kickstarter:

Will a kickstart from a se50 fit? Are there kickstarters on other years that would fit? Anybody have one?[/url]
85stroka
Elite
Elite

Post by 85stroka »

I dont think that's the original motor/cover on there, all aeros where supposed to be black,just like the elite -87
I think you should not have a problem putting the se cover on,becasue that is the same motor as the aero.
You need to make sure that the front drive face-the one hte starter motor engages has the teeth on the inside as the gear in the coer spins out and engages the driveface!
Kemmer
Goped
Goped

Post by Kemmer »

Actually, the color seems right. The frame is silver too, so it would look wierd to have a black engine in it. Also, the aero I posted in the link has a silver cover, but with a kickstarter.
noiseguy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by noiseguy »

Is that an '83 or '84 Aero?
Admin, Hondaspree.net

Buy air filters and gaskets here (Ebay): http://stores.ebay.com/noiseguysstore
Buy air filters and gaskets here (Amazon): www.amazon.com/shops/spreepower
Buy a t-shirt here: https://teespring.com/stores/spree-powersport-products
Kemmer
Goped
Goped