1987 Elite SE50 mods to get an extra 10mph

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

sipaboy
Goped
Goped

1987 Elite SE50 mods to get an extra 10mph

Post by sipaboy »

I have the 87 SE50. Tops out stock at 45mph . I have the Keli vari but not yet installed. I wanted maybe another 8-10 mph increase in top speed. I'm shooting for 55mph and not intending any faster than that with those little wheels. Would the Keli Vari ,upjet and an extra hole on the airbox give me the additional 10mph? I'd like to keep things quiet so trying to stay with the stock airbox
PimpinSpree
Elite
Elite

Re: 1987 Elite SE50 mods to get an extra 10mph

Post by PimpinSpree »

Your going to need some major mods to get much faster at all.
TiffanySpree
Spree
Spree

Post by TiffanySpree »

Is that 45 mph indicated? The speedo is a little faster than actual. If you are truly hitting 45 mph, count yourself lucky. 45 mph is pretty good for a stock se50 with minor mods but then you maybe hitting 40 mph. Any faster requires a 63cc or 65cc bbk, bigger carb or upjetting and a modified gear set.
----
1986 NQ50d Spree Tiffany green/white - wifeys. Currently modding to get more *!
Early head, exhaust port, intake manifold, intake pod filter, 2.75 rear tire, pulley mod.
sipaboy
Goped
Goped

Post by sipaboy »

Yes it was hitting 45mph and maybe a couple more if I tried hard. I opened up the variator and the Variator has been upgraded to a keli. It had 9gr rollers and a couple with flat spots. I also noticed the belt was a polini in great condition. New gaskets too on the cover . I got this Elite about 6 weeks ago. Maybe that's why it's hitting those speeds. Pretty smooth and quiet ride. You're right I should be thankful it's hitting those speeds and still does good mpg with realibility behind it. Any advise on clutch upgrades? Is it worth it?
I had a new Keli that I installed. I do have a spare used keli variator with used 9gr rollers for trade for new 8 gr rollers if anyone is interested.? Thanks
TiffanySpree
Spree
Spree

Post by TiffanySpree »

Still not answered - 45 on the speedo or gps? Do you know your RPMs?
----
1986 NQ50d Spree Tiffany green/white - wifeys. Currently modding to get more *!
Early head, exhaust port, intake manifold, intake pod filter, 2.75 rear tire, pulley mod.
sipaboy
Goped
Goped

Post by sipaboy »

45 on the speedo. Trying to keep things subtle. Not into modding to the max. I got a Helix and I use that if I wan to go farther. Speedo might be off, hoping not too much. RPM? Mine is stock.I got no Tach to compare rpm. I use this se50 to do errands and still gives me at least 70 miles on the tank