Air hungry spree's

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

noiseguy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by noiseguy »

Shane4188 wrote:I appreciate the advice on the #65 jet, it is the ideal jet for the job.
Did you finally get the scooter going?
Kikwear
Spree
Spree

Post by Kikwear »

Anyone thinking about running a 68 should rethink it. The plug is black. Runs way to rich. With a stock, functioning engine with decent compression (airbox intact with good filter and exhaust) you will have to push with your feet to get it to go. It will maybe go 25. I am going to get a 65 tomorrow. However, if anyone wants to swap a 65 for a 68, let me know. I'd be much happy to get rid of this.
Shane4188
Spree
Spree

Post by Shane4188 »

Yes, I finally did get the engine going. I put new rings in it and also put in a 65 jet, new air filter, and also painted the left side cover housing. The spree looks pretty sweet now, and runs even sweeter. I appreciate all of your help and posts on this thread.
Shane4188
Spree
Spree

Post by Shane4188 »

Oh, and another thing, I picked up a #62 jet from my parts purchase when I was rebuilding my spree. How do you guys thing a #62 would run?
Kikwear
Spree
Spree

Post by Kikwear »

If it's anything like the 68, I'd just avoid it. Seems to be that 65 is the best bet. 62 might be too lean. Too rich = no power but too lean might = holed piston. Better rich than lean.
Jerry
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by Jerry »

Exactly, Kik - stay with the #65 and you avoid a lot of problems......
Scoot safely
Shane4188
Spree
Spree

Post by Shane4188 »

Ok, I won't even chance it with changing the jets. I am trying an Iridium IX plug from NGK and I am going to see what it does.
Tippmann98
Spree
Spree

Post by Tippmann98 »

Yeah, that thing has so much compression. I dont think the d*** thing has EVER been honed or touched. I hope that Iridium is good. It looks like it will be. I will order one if so.
Shane4188
Spree
Spree

Post by Shane4188 »

Ya, we'll see how this goes, it will be a good experiment for the cause.