Detailed explanation on a primary gear swap?

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

jlynn433
Spree
Spree

Detailed explanation on a primary gear swap?

Post by jlynn433 »

I bought some new primary gears to go with the bbk, but im hesitant to put them on because i cant find an in depth post on here about how to change them. could one of you guys walk me through it? and yes, im leaving the secondaries stock; i dont want a crazy tall ratio
'00 Honda Elite S.....................'06 Yamaha Zuma
-80cc Taiwanese BBK...............-Taiwan pwr pkg
-Malossi Vari
-6.9:1 Primary gears
-High Energy Ignition Coil
-Carbon Fiber Reeds
-Chrome CT Mani
-28mm OKO Carb
-Uni Pod Filter
-PG Long pipe
Wheelman-111

Re: Detailed explanation on a primary gear swap?

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

Installation is relatively easy. Download the Service Manual from that section of the Forum and read Transmission section to examine what's involved.

Once the transmission cover is removed and the oil stains on your Priceless Persian Rug are cleaned up, the primary shaft (upon which spins the clutch) is a light press-fit in the front cover bearing. I've managed to tap it out on several occasions by threading a nut on the clutch shaft and using a light touch with an Hammer. Your mileage may vary, and the Correct way is to use a press.

The countershaft gear is a loose spline fit on the countershaft. Reinstall in reverse order, add 3 oz of your favorite leftover 10W-30 motor oil and you're done.
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
jlynn433
Spree
Spree

Re: Detailed explanation on a primary gear swap?

Post by jlynn433 »

haha alright, that sounds relatively easy given that ive taken apart my oko already and did the top end on the motor... just didnt want to screw anything up beyond repair. thanks
'00 Honda Elite S.....................'06 Yamaha Zuma
-80cc Taiwanese BBK...............-Taiwan pwr pkg
-Malossi Vari
-6.9:1 Primary gears
-High Energy Ignition Coil
-Carbon Fiber Reeds
-Chrome CT Mani
-28mm OKO Carb
-Uni Pod Filter
-PG Long pipe