pulling wheelies

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

niftyman
Spree
Spree

Re: pulling wheelies

Post by niftyman »

Geez bear whats the facanation you have with whining 8 year old girls is this somthing we should tell the authorities about
DJ1

NEK MINNIT

Malossi
DJ1 54mph
dio gear swap in progress
living in chch NZ
earthquake central
Bear45-70
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Bear45-70 »

niftyman wrote:Geez bear whats the facanation you have with whining 8 year old girls is this somthing we should tell the authorities about
It's because you and all your sister whiners sound just like them.
Bear 45/70

'83 Aero 80 X 3
'84 Aero 80 X 3

'85 Aero 80
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'84 Aero 125
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'85 Aero 50
'85 Spree
HELLAFLUSHED!
BMX
BMX

Post by HELLAFLUSHED! »

SuprasNsprees wrote:I still don't understand why none of the Hawaiian members on any of the other boards i'm on talk like this .

can you imagine Swimmingfree being one of these guys ? lol no offense buddy
Lol, because we've been educated well* nah jk jk :p

Well as far as your cousin's set up goes, try to go shorter on his gears. It will help him much. How many pounds does he weigh btw? Also go down on your weights, probably go down to 33 (depending if he is pretty light) or 36, or 39. Use polini naturals or polini green clutch springs with a center spring for bottom end. Then sit as far as possible, pop open the throttle and wheelie.
'86 Honda Aero 50 - SOLD
'89 Honda Elite E - SOLD
'86 Honda Spree - TRADED
'98 Honda EK coupe - SOLD
'86 Honda Spree - BOUGHT BACK/SOLD
'05 Arnada - CURRENT/UNDERCONSTRUCTION
kingkamehameha
CB900F
CB900F

Post by kingkamehameha »

Naturals and a 2k center spring is perfect. I swtched to polini greens and a 1.5k center and didnt like it.
ua mau ke 'ea o ka aina i ka pono o hawaii
HELLAFLUSHED!
BMX
BMX

Post by HELLAFLUSHED! »

kingkamehameha wrote:Naturals and a 2k center spring is perfect. I swtched to polini greens and a 1.5k center and didnt like it.
Yeah bro, so its to what ever you prefer. But also been wondering, 2k center is more of a bottom end spring while 1k is more for top end? Correct me if im wrong, but that's what most have been saying.
'86 Honda Aero 50 - SOLD
'89 Honda Elite E - SOLD
'86 Honda Spree - TRADED
kingkamehameha
CB900F
CB900F

Post by kingkamehameha »

No the 2k center spring is for doing wheelies at a higher speed. The 1k spring is for low end punch. I couldnt get my bike to wheelie at the usual speed with th 1.5k spring. I had to slow down and lean back harder. When i swithed back to the 2k spring it gave me a little harder kick at a higher speed. I wouldnt recomend it for daily driving or stop and go kine. You have to run heavier weights too and it wears your belt out fast.
HELLAFLUSHED!
BMX
BMX

Post by HELLAFLUSHED! »

kingkamehameha wrote:No the 2k center spring is for doing wheelies at a higher speed. The 1k spring is for low end punch. I couldnt get my bike to wheelie at the usual speed with th 1.5k spring. I had to slow down and lean back harder. When i swithed back to the 2k spring it gave me a little harder kick at a higher speed. I wouldnt recomend it for daily driving or stop and go kine. You have to run heavier weights too and it wears your belt out fast.
Oh alright, so its pretty much the other way around then? 1k more of a bottom end spring while the 2k is more punchier at higher speeds? Cause thats also what i've been experiencing. Its just that some people where telling me the other way around. When i used the 1k center, I had more bottom end and my top taps out fairly quick compared to my 1.5k center.. although i haven't tried the 2k yet.. Still debating if i should or not.
'86 Honda Aero 50 - SOLD
'89 Honda Elite E - SOLD
'86 Honda Spree - TRADED
kingkamehameha
CB900F
CB900F

Post by kingkamehameha »

You gotta try every combination as far as trans tuning goes. I would only recommend the 2k for stunting or for heaver riders
HELLAFLUSHED!
BMX
BMX

Post by HELLAFLUSHED! »

kingkamehameha wrote:You gotta try every combination as far as trans tuning goes. I would only recommend the 2k for stunting or for heaver riders
Oh well i guess my 1.5k center is best for me, since im not that heavy and i dont really stunt. Lol but thanks for the info anyways bro! :2thumbs:
'86 Honda Aero 50 - SOLD
'89 Honda Elite E - SOLD
'86 Honda Spree - TRADED
molokai808
BMX
BMX

Post by molokai808 »

ok so i have been pulling wheelies with my stock 4 stroke mopes. i think my cuzn's moped need a real good tune up, as foa him he need to jus practice moa, but my honda elite the 2k spring, it is snappy an it helps me get up, an im a big boy, i cant hold it long time but i get um. an still learning. but thanks foa all the posts. :2thumbs:
808BMW
Elite
Elite

Post by 808BMW »

Wheelies are in the rider, not the bike. I can wheelie almost anything, but currently I have a 1.5k center and polini green clutch springs. I used to run a 1k center for years, wheelied it everywhere too. I don't like a 2k center for wheelies (or anything for that matter) but that's just me. 1k feels soft if trying to wheelie from a dead stop (like your clutch is slipping) but it works, 2k should have insane snap off the bottom, I wouldn't know too well because I don't run a 2k.
In 2040 they say we're going away
We could never let them control
Hawaiian man, take back your hawaiian land
maddog
CB900F
CB900F

Post by maddog »

I just want the bear to come to Hawaii for his :surprise: :happy: :sad: :nerd:
some people dream of speed, i own your dreams!
Bear45-70
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Bear45-70 »

maddog wrote:I just want the bear to come to Hawaii for his :surprise: :happy: :sad: :nerd:
Been there a couple of times back in the 60's and early 70's and wasn't impressed then. Why the * would I go again, especially to meet the biggest lair on the forums. I find it interesting that none of the Hawaiians have ever met you if you are so big on the scooter scene.
Bear 45/70

'83 Aero 80 X 3
'84 Aero 80 X 3

'85 Aero 80
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'84 Aero 125
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'85 Aero 50
'85 Spree
JJ Joseph
Spree
Spree

Post by JJ Joseph »

kingkamehameha wrote: and it wears your belt out fast.
If you hammer it, wheelies will damage your clutch. The pivot pins get bent and the clutch shoes may crack near the pivot pin. It doesn't take much to wreck the clutch, but if you can afford the replacement cost then enjoy the experience :-)
kingkamehameha
CB900F
CB900F

Post by kingkamehameha »

Wow jj ive never had that problem maybe your using crappy clutches. Ive only seen belts snap