primary gears

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

diomike
Spree
Spree

primary gears

Post by diomike »

iam going to go buy primary gears for my dio sr but they are about 120 around my house is that alot for gears?
hrnytrtlsgsxr
Elite
Elite

Re: primary gears

Post by hrnytrtlsgsxr »

diomike wrote:iam going to go buy primary gears for my dio sr but they are about 120 around my house is that alot for gears?
Is that stock gears from honda. Does it include the main drive that you attatch your wheel too. Answer these questions before you do anything. The main drive would be about $80 but do you really need it?
diomike
Spree
Spree

Post by diomike »

no they are proformance greas the ratio is 13/35.heres a link tell me wat u think http://www.importationsthibault.com/200 ... e&page=265
darat
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by darat »

dane y dont you try to find some rear gears for a se..
MICHIGAN MOPED MAFIA Co Founder VET OG. 95 YAMAHA JOG 70CC
hrnytrtlsgsxr
Elite
Elite

Post by hrnytrtlsgsxr »

diomike wrote:no they are proformance greas the ratio is 13/35.heres a link tell me wat u think http://www.importationsthibault.com/200 ... e&page=265
the gearing should come out to about 9.3 to 1 or 9.3 tuns of the clutch bell to one turn of the tire.For that cost i would get a set of pollini gears which would make your gearing 7 to 1.I think pollini is a better company.You can check malossi but i don't know if they make the 7 to 1 straight cut for the dio any more. Also the front taiwan gears would be way cheaper. At least half the cost and you can get pretty mach around any gearing ratio you want. Or at the least get close to a ratio you want.If you seem interested. cycle imports of hawaii can givbe you the price of the pollini and VT cycles can give you the price of the taiwan brand.
hrnytrtlsgsxr
Elite
Elite

Post by hrnytrtlsgsxr »

darat wrote:dane y dont you try to find some rear gears for a se..
maybe he doesn't want to press the rear gears. Also if you are looking for as much power as you can get the rear gears are straight cut. To change tha ratio will more than likely make them diagonal cut which adds a little more resistance.So why not change the front gears since they already are diagonally cut and you don't need a press.
diomike
Spree
Spree

Post by diomike »

do u think i should get them and since they are cut. i dont got to spress right?
diomike
Spree
Spree

Post by diomike »

ima confused
darat
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by darat »

lol so am i
MICHIGAN MOPED MAFIA Co Founder VET OG. 95 YAMAHA JOG 70CC
hrnytrtlsgsxr
Elite
Elite

Post by hrnytrtlsgsxr »

diomike wrote:do u think i should get them and since they are cut. i dont got to spress right?
the gears shown in the picture are front gears that you do not have to cut but for the price they want for the gears I would look into pollini front gears. An even cheaper route is front taiwan gears you can get through VT cycles