dio big bore?

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

hrnytrtlsgsxr
Elite
Elite

Post by hrnytrtlsgsxr »

bitteraspects wrote:its nothing to do with it being easier. its just more reliable/ not to meantion, its factory ported by whoever makes the cylender. (i.e. polini). what makes someone think they can do a better porting job then them? :lol:
you already know there is alot of guys in hawaii that makes the corsa faster by porting what has already been factory ported.
bitteraspects
CB900F
CB900F

Post by bitteraspects »

yeah but the fabrizi 80, eurocylendro, and malossi single ring, are all d*** near impossible to come by these days.
bitteraspects
CB900F
CB900F

Post by bitteraspects »

hrnytrtlsgsxr wrote:
bitteraspects wrote:its nothing to do with it being easier. its just more reliable/ not to meantion, its factory ported by whoever makes the cylender. (i.e. polini). what makes someone think they can do a better porting job then them? :lol:
you already know there is alot of guys in hawaii that makes the corsa faster by porting what has already been factory ported.
faster yes, but more reliable... * NO. hahahah. like i said, im personally a reliability kind of guy. thats one of the main reasons i dont like strokers.
hrnytrtlsgsxr
Elite
Elite

Post by hrnytrtlsgsxr »

bitteraspects wrote:yeah but the fabrizi 80, eurocylendro, and malossi single ring, are all d*** near impossible to come by these days.
you can get the 80cc fabrizzi or just the piston cylinder for the fabrizzi through goerge.
Last edited by hrnytrtlsgsxr on Thu May 11, 2006 3:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
bitteraspects
CB900F
CB900F

Post by bitteraspects »

really? i thought they were out of production?
you know off hand how much he sells em for?
hrnytrtlsgsxr
Elite
Elite

Post by hrnytrtlsgsxr »

bitteraspects wrote:really? i thought they were out of production?
you know off hand how much he sells em for?
Was like $100 for the fabrizzi piston with the base and head basket i believe or around there.
bitteraspects
CB900F
CB900F

Post by bitteraspects »

what about the whole kit?
hrnytrtlsgsxr
Elite
Elite

Post by hrnytrtlsgsxr »

bitteraspects wrote:what about the whole kit?
ask goerge He's just a phone call away
bitteraspects
CB900F
CB900F

Post by bitteraspects »

yeah but hes closed at 9:56pm. so i figured id see if you knew off hand. :wink:
hrnytrtlsgsxr
Elite
Elite

Post by hrnytrtlsgsxr »

bitteraspects wrote:
hrnytrtlsgsxr wrote:
faster yes, but more reliable... * NO. hahahah. like i said, im personally a reliability kind of guy. thats one of the main reasons i dont like strokers.
If you tune a stroker right it can become reliable. I had the 100cc motor on the 87 that I rode alot for a long time but was never ported. Never broke a belt or trans.never flattened weights and no electrical problems. I had it for about 2 years before i got rid of the motor to get something else i wanted.
bitteraspects
CB900F
CB900F

Post by bitteraspects »

riget. and if you build a car properly, it COULD last you for 10000000 years. the only point i was making is that the more you modify something, the more likely it is to break down on you. i never said its not possible to have one thats more reliable then others. simply that, the more you mess with it, the better your chances of getting stuck somewhere.
hrnytrtlsgsxr
Elite
Elite

Post by hrnytrtlsgsxr »

you also said that was the main reason that you don't like strokers because of the non reliabilty. i think it still comes down to tuning. Any way in actuality a 78cc corsa is a strokrer. You are changing the stock stroke of the ped.
bitteraspects
CB900F
CB900F

Post by bitteraspects »

i think this arguement has gone down before. so im not having it again.
traditionally, 100cc and up is recognised as a stroker. but yes, you do change the stroke even with a ministroker crank, so the "stroke" is different. but that dosnt make it a "stroker" by traditional means.
bitteraspects
CB900F
CB900F

Post by bitteraspects »

and yes, generally, strokers are more unreliable then 72's. because the run quite a bit hotter, so that, among other things, could ulitimately cause more problems
maddog
CB900F
CB900F

Post by maddog »

I have no problems from mini to full strokers, and that fabrizzi bore kit goes for $600 mine was built 11 yrs. ago and i still have it!
some people dream of speed, i own your dreams!