MLM is now making Honda Spree performance pipes!

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

Wheelman-111

Re: MLM is now making Honda Spree performance pipes!

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

It's good to hear about your performance increase. Running 25% faster - and making 35MPH is a worthwhile increase. Please see to the jet soon however. That much more mixture intake is probably putting your stock jet deep into Lean situation. Check your spark plug color or better still get a CHT on that bad scooter.
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
mooney
Noob
Noob

Post by mooney »

Jets are on order today. Hopefully they will get here early next week.
patthesoundguy

Post by patthesoundguy »

I ran my pipe stock was fine on the temps but up jetting a tad may help out maybe a 70 . I've been running with my pipe with out the air box and 85 jet with a little k&n and it seems fine even in off throttle down the hill. But I found the air box with stock jet worked just as well as no filter and the 95 jet did as well as the 85 jet and the k&n. Go figure eh. Next step is the pwk oko carb on it with the pipe ;-)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
Dude! Ya Can't Fix Stupid!
84 Spree stock
84 Spree Dio AF18E MHR Cylinder Arrow Pipe 28mm OKO
80 Express, 47mm DR BBKit, Weak Ends Intake, Boyesen Dual stage reeds, 19mm Delorto carb, MLM pipe
79 Express
85 Aero 80 stock
84 elite 125 stock
tazland001
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by tazland001 »

Got my pipe in a few days ago. Was very happy. The pipe was made very well. Nice to see some good quality :2thumbs:

I am running my mlm muffler with just a 48mm BBK and 21mm carb kit and stock gears and it has good snap all the way to the top. Smooth as silk and the acceleration and top end is excellent. Hats off to mlm for a great tuned pipe for the spree. What a nice add.

Hey Pat you got a link to that belt you been talkin about. If it is wider it will help because the belt will ride higher on the pulley and thus = more top end :)

And yes Pauly we love to waste money on our spree's even for a few mph gain. It is fun. People just love to upgrade anything. Look at riding lawnmower races. You should see the money people waste on that just for a few mph gains. loll

Taz
inkerb2b
BMX
BMX

Post by inkerb2b »

Im sold. I will be ordering this pipe soon
patthesoundguy

Post by patthesoundguy »

tazland001 wrote:Got my pipe in a few days ago. Was very happy. The pipe was made very well. Nice to see some good quality :2thumbs:

I am running my mlm muffler with just a 48mm BBK and 21mm carb kit and stock gears and it has good snap all the way to the top. Smooth as silk and the acceleration and top end is excellent. Hats off to mlm for a great tuned pipe for the spree. What a nice add.

Hey Pat you got a link to that belt you been talkin about. If it is wider it will help because the belt will ride higher on the pulley and thus = more top end :)

And yes Pauly we love to waste money on our spree's even for a few mph gain. It is fun. People just love to upgrade anything. Look at riding lawnmower races. You should see the money people waste on that just for a few mph gains. loll

Taz
What the AX24 belt? They do help some on the top end. Any industrial supplier should be able to get one. Easy to find on the web too. Great pipe eh? I love mine, cant imagine my spree with out it. Im dying to try my stock bore with your carb and intake setup before i try the big bore kit, just havent had the time.
Sent from my LG-C800G using Tapatalk 2
Dude! Ya Can't Fix Stupid!
84 Spree stock
84 Spree Dio AF18E MHR Cylinder Arrow Pipe 28mm OKO
80 Express, 47mm DR BBKit, Weak Ends Intake, Boyesen Dual stage reeds, 19mm Delorto carb, MLM pipe
79 Express
85 Aero 80 stock
84 elite 125 stock
Dust-it
BMX
BMX

Post by Dust-it »

My Spree has a 2.75 rear tire and every thing else stock. Around 9800 RPM 34.7 MPH GPS. CHT is fine ,Pipe comes in @ 5000 RPM. My wt. is 165 lbs. This on the new MLM pipe.
Happy enough ,oh and picked mine up at the the MLM shop in In. bunch of cool bikes there.
Would seam like the easy way to get 35 MPH add pipe done .If you get tired of the Spree take the pipe off and sell it.

Later
eliteguy50
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by eliteguy50 »

Has anyone tried this pipe on the sb50? Does it clear the panels?
motormike wrote:Errands become adventures.
mmeadows
Elite
Elite

Post by mmeadows »

when are we going to start seing pipes for the afo5e and the af16?

treatland has the mlm pipes without the header but im not much of a welder.
84 Aero af05e Ruckus variator, rear metro wheel, Leovince pipe ( work in process... porting , nh80 reeds intake carb)
smokindon
BMX
BMX

Post by smokindon »

ill buy a pipe for the af05e if you make one. no real options for us
1988 Honda Elite LX - AF05E w/ 65cc Malossi MHR, OKO24, CT Manifold, UNI Filter, Ruckus Variator, Custom DIY Briggs & Stratton Exhaust, Met Front & Rear Wheels, 95mm Front Brake Conversion
Motion Left Mopeds
BMX
BMX

Post by Motion Left Mopeds »

I will gladly make production pipes for all the scooter you all are requesting, but I need the scooters to mock up to. If there is anyone in the area(Goshen, In) that has a scooter that I can borrow for a about two weeks, I will give them a free pipe in return!
Pineapplegti
Elite
Elite

Post by Pineapplegti »

Ughhhh if I were closer I'd do it..
78 Kromag. (Briton Bee) .. Under the knife.. Derbi pyramid port dual variated
78 flying dutchman.. e50 swap. mlm pipe custom tank seat.. gila kit
85 Honda spree . Af16 swap joerock mhr mini stroke scorpion pipe.
mmeadows
Elite
Elite

Post by mmeadows »

Pineapplegti wrote:Ughhhh if I were closer I'd do it..
i think we all would..... i have a case half and a stock exhaust if that helps. why do you need a whole bike? trying to fit under plastics?
84 Aero af05e Ruckus variator, rear metro wheel, Leovince pipe ( work in process... porting , nh80 reeds intake carb)
Motion Left Mopeds
BMX
BMX

Post by Motion Left Mopeds »

I need the whole bike to ensure that the pipe mounts perfectly, clears everything, and looks good.
swimmingfree
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by swimmingfree »

i hope some one take the man up on this deal like to see what he con do to the afo5 motor.... :smile:
swimmingfree
handicap (dyslexia)
looking for
se50 crank...

SpreJunk 87elite in a spree body
ruckus variator , 3.5 tire , 1500 drive face spring , a 64 bbk ,
8 gram rollers, stock carb , after market air filter and 105 jet