nc50 possibilities

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

bc117
Spree
Spree

nc50 possibilities

Post by bc117 »

hey guys need some info on these like how fast they go, how much get up and go they have like can they wheelie? what do you guys think of them. how much they weigh and how much weight could be taken off?
I want to get one off craigslist, strip it down and turn it into like a bmx/trials bike
i would take off (if it isnt already missing) all the lights, electronics(except igintion), gas tank, rack, kick stand, seat, oiler, plastic and heat shields, guards dress up pieces etc. maybe gut exhaust or make a lighter one and use a metal water bottle to run premix, and add a butt guard aka bicycle seat
soo one of these http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q= ... 2076946495

turn it to this http://bmx.transworld.net/files/2010/06 ... ete-02.jpg

add some dirt tires and do this http://www.sportbikes.net/forums/attach ... -vid-3.jpg

lol can some help me put up pics from google too
1985 aero 50
ported
custom exhaust
ruckus vario
1K polini clutch springs
hopefully nh80 powered soon!
patthesoundguy

Re: nc50 possibilities

Post by patthesoundguy »

I have an express nc50 it rocks. I have a knobby on the back too. There are lots of options for big bore kits, intakes and carbs. Oh and there is an awesome pipe available for it too, I have one :-) treat land.tv is where you go for big bore kits and such. Get a set of boysen 2 stage reeds for it, you won't regret it. ImageImage there are lots of possibilities for the little bike. Mine does 40mph like a rocket ship. I don't know how well it will do trials stuff though, it will be hard to get the bottom end grunt to do it. Unless you can get a pipe tuned for really low rpms like right when the clutch engages. You almost might want to replace the rear shock with something solid because the suspension is not all that heavy. I'd love to see you give it a go though

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
Dude! Ya Can't Fix Stupid!
84 Spree stock
84 Spree Dio AF18E MHR Cylinder Arrow Pipe 28mm OKO
80 Express, 47mm DR BBKit, Weak Ends Intake, Boyesen Dual stage reeds, 19mm Delorto carb, MLM pipe
79 Express
85 Aero 80 stock
84 elite 125 stock
motormike

Post by motormike »

Your vision is ambitious, to say the least.
You said "gut the exhaust"...this is NOT an acceptable action in the 2-stroke performance world.
The Express will make an awesome little trail-runner,...BUT it has no absolutely NO CAPACITY to be transformed into a trials bike....If you want to experience the trials world, better save your money and buy a bike that has at least SOME chance of lasting longer than your first jump... :urban:
RideRed
<Gyro S><MB5><Honda Navi><Helix><Sym Wolf><Yamaha Razz><Honda CH150 Deluxe>
"Live Large - Ride Small"
bc117
Spree
Spree

Post by bc117 »

the weight of one of theses things is 110lbs but thats an express 2 with a different motor and frame, cant find a normal 1 speed express weight
pat how much would you say yours weighs? more than a spree? how bout stripped down?
Yup the downside would be torque and suspension but really trials is all about maneuverability... maybe just bmx? lol
1985 aero 50
ported
custom exhaust
ruckus vario
1K polini clutch springs
hopefully nh80 powered soon!
patthesoundguy

Post by patthesoundguy »

The manual says 77 to 81 dry weight is 95pounds. 82 say 110 pounds. They are heavier than a spree due to the extra trans mission components and bigger wheels. I'd say drive it first before you strip it all down you might just love the thing the way it is. They are loads of fun.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
Dude! Ya Can't Fix Stupid!
84 Spree stock
84 Spree Dio AF18E MHR Cylinder Arrow Pipe 28mm OKO
80 Express, 47mm DR BBKit, Weak Ends Intake, Boyesen Dual stage reeds, 19mm Delorto carb, MLM pipe
79 Express
85 Aero 80 stock
84 elite 125 stock