Hows this setup sound??

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

doughrek
Noob
Noob

Hows this setup sound??

Post by doughrek »

72cc Polini Corsa Bore Kit
DDX Pulley Kit
SEF Ramp Plate
28mm OKO Carb
Big Valve CT Intake
Adjustable Throttle Cable
Uni Air Filter
Phongeer exhaust
Gears 8:44 to 1 (17x41)
Race CDI
compression springs
clutch shoe springs
assorted roller weights

Does this setup seem pretty good? Any suggestions/changes you would do? Do you think this setup will be good for at least 55mph? I'm considering ordering all this with my next weeks pay check. Let me know what you guys think.. thanks
fulltilt
BMX
BMX

Post by fulltilt »

What will the total $$$ be? What kind of scooter?
hrnytrtlsgsxr
Elite
Elite

Post by hrnytrtlsgsxr »

don't need a race cdi for a honda. The stock one is non limiting already. how heavy are you for that gear ratio. I would probably use something like that gear ratio but I am like 210 lbs.if you can tune it with an airbox then you would have less worries with the rain. Also if you use the stock carb and intake and airbox. You can rejet the stock carb and it will be just as fast in my opinion but will take a little longer to get there but will save more gas.

still depends on what you really want to do and how much you really want to spend at this time.

if you wanna keep the stock carb set up theses are the parts you don't need

ct intake
uni filter
carb
throttle cable

the cdi is definitely not a necessity
85stroka
Elite
Elite

Post by 85stroka »

the compression springsyou dont need different types, 1000 should be good for that setup,clutch springs is a different story though,and dont forget jets,I would switch from the sef ramp to the daytona #2 ,the sef tends to wear really quickly and sometimes get's stuck on the crank.
Also the ct may hit the side skirts on the elite S
Remember,everyone is human,even if there stupid!
MySpree
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by MySpree »

were are u in michigan?
doughrek
Noob
Noob

Post by doughrek »

Chesterfield twp.. around 24 and gratiot area.
doughrek
Noob
Noob

Post by doughrek »

I weigh like 230lbs.. thats why I chose those gears..
hrnytrtlsgsxr
Elite
Elite

Post by hrnytrtlsgsxr »

85stroka wrote:the compression springsyou dont need different types, 1000 should be good for that setup,clutch springs is a different story though,and dont forget jets,I would switch from the sef ramp to the daytona #2 ,the sef tends to wear really quickly and sometimes get's stuck on the crank.
the reason the sef wears out on the crank is because of over usage with an impact gun. So the daytona might be a better choice.
MySpree
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by MySpree »

your not to far from me.
bitteraspects
CB900F
CB900F

Post by bitteraspects »

hrnytrtlsgsxr wrote:
85stroka wrote:the compression springsyou dont need different types, 1000 should be good for that setup,clutch springs is a different story though,and dont forget jets,I would switch from the sef ramp to the daytona #2 ,the sef tends to wear really quickly and sometimes get's stuck on the crank.
the reason the sef wears out on the crank is because of over usage with an impact gun. So the daytona might be a better choice.
actually the only one ive ever seen get stuck to the crank and worn out is the #2, because its made of softer metal.
maddog
CB900F
CB900F

Post by maddog »

sef or daytona, if you prep them they will last untill they form stress cracks.
some people dream of speed, i own your dreams!
hrnytrtlsgsxr
Elite
Elite

Post by hrnytrtlsgsxr »

bitteraspects wrote:
hrnytrtlsgsxr wrote:
actually the only one ive ever seen get stuck to the crank and worn out is the #2, because its made of softer metal.
I have over half a dozen sef ramps that did this. Just ask K at vt how much sefs I bought in the last year.