Keli Variator?

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

abreen89
CB900F
CB900F

Re: Keli Variator?

Post by abreen89 »

LoveMyHonda wrote:No I had no problem once I removed the shim. I know how to tune a cvt pretty well at this point in the game. Youll enjoy the polini.
oh i see what your saying dont use the shim. How much of a performance boost did you get?
'89 Honda Elite SB50p STOCK
'85 Honda Spree NQ50 STOCK sold
'85 Honda Spree NQ50 48mm bbk, taz gears, 18mm carb w/ ct intake
'86 Honda Aero NB50 Stock In The Works ;)
'86 Honda Aero NB50 Stock
Brivander
Spree
Spree

Post by Brivander »

So in review, I can use a Dio Variator on an AF05 as long as I use the stock ramp plate (or other compatible plate), correct?
1985 Black/Purple Spree-39 GPS
1985 Red/White Spree-40 GPS
1987 Black/Purple Elite-44 GPS
1985 Red/Black Aero-42 GPS
1992 Red/Gray Jog- 56 GPS
bonesv

Post by bonesv »

Brivander wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:34 pm So in review, I can use a Dio Variator on an AF05 as long as I use the stock ramp plate (or other compatible plate), correct?
Yes just use the af05 boss. You may try some variator shims if it needs adjusting https://www.dynoscooter.com/collections ... 6-kymco-50
You will have to make sure these are centered up on the ramp plate/shaft so you don’t get a wobble.
Honda Elite SR
Honda Elite-Dio ZX

Dio ZX Headlight/Disc Brake Mod: http://hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=30861
Brivander
Spree
Spree

Post by Brivander »

Reason I am asking is the Keli variator / and high speed pulley for the Aero/Elite SE50 is all sold out. Or at least I can't find one....

I can buy the Keli variator / high speed pulley for the Dio (still available) and use the ramp plate out of an Aero to de-restrict an Elite SE50 (AF05). I know I can just buy a Polini, but this is a $25 solution that will get me most of the way there.

I already have one SE50 deristricted, just trying to do it to a second. I got an Aero pipe and ramp plate from another member here, just needed the variator/faceplate pulley for high speed. Bump the main jet in the carb and will have another 40+mph scooter instead of a 29-30mph scooter....
bonesv

Post by bonesv »

Contact Steve at VT Cycles and ask about af05 pulley/ramp he may have some just not on eBay site. vtcycles@gmail.com
Honda Elite SR
Honda Elite-Dio ZX

Dio ZX Headlight/Disc Brake Mod: http://hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=30861
Brivander
Spree
Spree

Post by Brivander »

bonesv wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:50 pm Contact Steve at VT Cycles and ask about af05 pulley/ramp he may have some just not on eBay site. vtcycles@gmail.com

I reached out to him, thanks! If the AF16 pulley and the Af05 pulley are the same that will solve that, curious how different the ramp plate in his kit is to a stock Aero, since the Aero is not a restricted plate.
harleyracer59
Elite
Elite

Post by harleyracer59 »

Brivander wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:04 pm
bonesv wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:50 pm Contact Steve at VT Cycles and ask about af05 pulley/ramp he may have some just not on eBay site. vtcycles@gmail.com

I reached out to him, thanks! If the AF16 pulley and the Af05 pulley are the same that will solve that, curious how different the ramp plate in his kit is to a stock Aero, since the Aero is not a restricted plate.

for 1 thing the diameter is bigger on the keli than stock af05e variator. 2, the ramps climb higher on the keli than the stock one even though the stock isn't restricted. 3, the ramp plate on the keli is a little a little deeper than stock. if both plates are laid on a flat surface the keli ramp is a little taller. also because of the keli variators larger diameter, the stock ramp plate will fit in a keli variator but the keli ramp will not fit the stock variator.
the af05e keli variator is the same diameter as the keli dio variator and the stock dio zx variator. and the ramps on both keli variators climb taller than the zx also. which effectively gives more variation and a higher top speed. :thumbwink:
Brivander
Spree
Spree

Post by Brivander »

harleyracer59 wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 4:01 pm
Brivander wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:04 pm

for 1 thing the diameter is bigger on the keli than stock af05e variator. 2, the ramps climb higher on the keli than the stock one even though the stock isn't restricted. 3, the ramp plate on the keli is a little a little deeper than stock. if both plates are laid on a flat surface the keli ramp is a little taller. also because of the keli variators larger diameter, the stock ramp plate will fit in a keli variator but the keli ramp will not fit the stock variator.
the af05e keli variator is the same diameter as the keli dio variator and the stock dio zx variator. and the ramps on both keli variators climb taller than the zx also. which effectively gives more variation and a higher top speed. :thumbwink:
^That.

I can confirm, this is 100% correct. And it got me from 37/8mph to 41/2mph. 5mph was pretty close for me according to GPS. To be fair, everyone said mine was a little slower than a typical Aero. Certainly over 4mph on mine and this was keeping the stock Aero ramp. I have the Keli race ramp coming. I have that in my elite (complete Keli kit) and it’s much smoother than with the aero ramp.