Muffler

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

darat
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Muffler

Post by darat »

i heard that if you bore out the muffler at the begining of the pipe. the only thing i did to mine is that i put a bigger tip on the end of mine.
Tippmann98
Spree
Spree

Post by Tippmann98 »

No offence, but that is hard to follow. What did you hear doing that does? and what do you mean by a bigger tip?
darat
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by darat »

i heard that if u do that then it gives u more power and it does and i put a new tip on the end of the muffler it is about 1inch in roundness and about 5in long it goes from small to big
noiseguy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by noiseguy »

Typically a tuned 2-stroke exhuast wants a choke point, for this size engine its about 1/2" diam out. But since the muffler isn't an expansion chamber, you probably got a gain from derestricting backpressure.

Go down and read "Spree hopups, starting point." That author recommended drilling long 1/4" holes into the muffler; these would go through the baffle plates inside and further derestrict the muffler. You may want to try these as well.