Honda spree big bore

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

patthesoundguy

Re: Honda spree big bore

Post by patthesoundguy »

ROCKMAN_89 wrote:Hi i was woundering what bbbk i should get for my spree. And where to find it
There is currently one big bore kit for the spree its the 48mm kit from taz. He used to sell a 44mm bbk but I don't think he sells them anymore. And Pauly is right when he asks whether you want speed or power from your spree, that is an important question. The bbk will not increase the top speed on its own. All you need to do is personal message tazland001 here on the forum and inquire about his bbkits don't worry he won't bite... At least I hope not ;-) Sprees don't have the choice of go fast parts like the other scooters do.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
Dude! Ya Can't Fix Stupid!
84 Spree stock
84 Spree Dio AF18E MHR Cylinder Arrow Pipe 28mm OKO
80 Express, 47mm DR BBKit, Weak Ends Intake, Boyesen Dual stage reeds, 19mm Delorto carb, MLM pipe
79 Express
85 Aero 80 stock
84 elite 125 stock
ROCKMAN_89
Noob
Noob

Post by ROCKMAN_89 »

Thanks for your help! How do i buy the 48mm kit. Id like to reach 40-45mph. And id like her to have a little power. Is this possible?
patthesoundguy

Post by patthesoundguy »

40 might be possible with the bbk gears and such. But 45 idk. The real restriction on the spree is it does not have a variator, squeezing 12 to 13 mph more out of a spree and have it be reliable might be tough.

84 Spree stock
80 Express, 47mm DR BBKit, Weak Ends Intake, Boyesen Dual stage reeds, 19mm Delorto carb, MLM pipe
79 Express
85 Aero 80 stock
84 elite 125 stock
paulpauly7
CB900F
CB900F

Post by paulpauly7 »

spend the money on buying a variated af05e like from a aero and fit that to the spree makeing the motor fit is easy and theres full threads here on how to do it
86 Nifty Fifty (spree)
ZX disk brake
Kitico 120kmh speedo
AF18 ZX ported
Polini corsa
Malossi crank
CTmani
24mmOKO
40pilot118main
Scorpion pipe
8.44 to 1
Michelin s1
71.3mph
92 yz125, 94 crm250
patthesoundguy

Post by patthesoundguy »

paulpauly7 wrote:spend the money on buying a variated af05e like from a aero and fit that to the spree makeing the motor fit is easy and theres full threads here on how to do it
Yeah Pauly makes a really good point here. Unless you want to make the spree go 45 for educational purposes and for fun then it would be cool. The economical way to go for 40-45 mph is a swap to a variated motor or a different scooter altogther. You would need to go bbk, carb, gears and the pipe and port the cases and cylinder. Then the pulley mod with the ax24 belt. Not sure if you'd get 45 then or not. I don't want to discourage anyone who wants to make a stock spree go faster, but one needs to know the options and the pros and cons. Either way it will still be fun :-)

84 Spree stock
79 Express
85 Aero 80 stock
84 elite 125 stock
Hooverj85HSP
Noob
Noob

Post by Hooverj85HSP »

I'm looking for a big bore kit.
I have looked all over online, and none of them look like the ones people have on their Sprees.
Anybody know of anywhere to get one?
motormike

Post by motormike »

Hooverj85HSP wrote:I'm looking for a big bore kit.
I have looked all over online, and none of them look like the ones people have on their Sprees.
Anybody know of anywhere to get one?
Follow the Link below...the seller is the man you want to purchase a bbk from for your Spree.
He is on this forum by the name "tazland001"
Good luck...but be warned you are starting down a dark and treacherous rabbit hole... :urban:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/48mm-Honda-spre ... TL&vxp=mtr
RideRed
<Gyro S><MB5><Honda Navi><Helix><Sym Wolf><Yamaha Razz><Honda CH150 Deluxe>
"Live Large - Ride Small"