BOOST BOTTLE!

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

darat
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

BOOST BOTTLE!

Post by darat »

Did any one here haved used a boost bottle. i made one and i was going to use it but i want more input about this :D
BluPhire
Elite
Elite

Post by BluPhire »

What the * is a boost bottle? like octain booster?
I try to fix things with a hammer and wrench!
darat
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by darat »

no it gives u more power in the mid and high range of RPM
vette76
CB900F
CB900F

Post by vette76 »

this poll was already done and u forgot 1987
Tippmann98
Spree
Spree

Post by Tippmann98 »

Oh, i have read about these things. They have had mixed reviews. I read one account where a guy made one out of an M&M mini's tube that he sealed up and put a valve on. Im not sure about these things so i am not reccommending it yet, but it is a intresting idea.
noiseguy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by noiseguy »

How about a link to a web article on the subject? If I could read something about it I could probably at least make an opinion. So far I haven't received any information on this type of mod other than a name and what it (supposedly) does.
Tippmann98
Spree
Spree

Post by Tippmann98 »

I will try to get back to you on that one. I gotta find it again (if i can find it). But ill go look now.
darat
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by darat »

noiseguy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by noiseguy »

Neat article, thanx! Yes, you could build one of these for the Spree. Volume would need to be 100-150cc. The pipe would attach to the intake manifold.

I disagree with their technical explanation. I believe this is an example of a helmholtz resonator. It is usually used to quiet duct noise. In this case I believe it is linearizing flow through the intake.
BluPhire
Elite
Elite

Post by BluPhire »

What do these do and how can I make and mount one?
I try to fix things with a hammer and wrench!
darat
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by darat »

i made one about 2 months ago and it is for a briggs and stratton engine but i am sure it would work with a spree.
darat
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by darat »

here is another link that is better http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 08672&rd=1
noiseguy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by noiseguy »

Yep, the first link is still the best. I like the NOS sticker, nice touch.

To build, you'd need to get a couple of brass fittings, some tubing that would fit on them, and something to build the chamber from. You could build the chamber from PVC pipe, which would be the easiest to experiement with, and cheap. That's what the Ebay guy is doing.

Diameter of the brass fitting should be .3 to .5 times the diameter of the carb's narrowest point (someone will need to measure this), and the captured volume of the bottle should be around 100 - 150 cc. I'd build several volumes and experiment.

You would need to machine the fitting into the Spree intake manifold. You may wish to buy a spare for this. While you're in there, file out the crumming machine marks at the carb-intake junction. You'll see them when you get in there. A set of riffer files work well.

You'll also have to find a place to hang the thing inside the engine compartment.

BTW, this is meant to address the lack of low-end torque of a 2-stroke motor. It should not increase top speed (regardless of the claim.)
vette76
CB900F
CB900F

Post by vette76 »

ok noise, you said volume would have to be 100-150 cc. how would you measure this? if you can tell me i will probably make one. also, what would happen if i filed out the intake a bit? thanks. what do u mean by the fitting would have to be .5 the size of the narrowest point of the carb? half the size?
vette76
CB900F
CB900F

Post by vette76 »

here is what i have done so far. ill shave down the restriction later and post a pic of that. does this look good? it is very snug and has thread lock on it so i dont think it will leak.