BOOST BOTTLE!

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

85stroka
Elite
Elite

Post by 85stroka »

hrnytrtlsgsxr wrote:you forgot to mention the the boost bottle needs to be positioned higher than the cylinder head.It also has to be as large in cc if not larger than the total cc you are running. It gave me a smoother response on the bottom with about 400rpm more.try to make the tube as large and short as possible from where it connects to the intake in between the carb and the reed cage.
nah never forget,figured you come and post too! :D
Remember,everyone is human,even if there stupid!
hrnytrtlsgsxr
Elite
Elite

Post by hrnytrtlsgsxr »

fprgot to add that the rpm gave me a better top end. But i did other modifications at the same time which could of affected my top end as well.
hrnytrtlsgsxr
Elite
Elite

Post by hrnytrtlsgsxr »

about 10kmh on the flats to be exact
85stroka
Elite
Elite

Post by 85stroka »

I need to get a tach!
hrnytrtlsgsxr
Elite
Elite

Post by hrnytrtlsgsxr »

85stroka wrote:I need to get a tach!
I prefer having a tach over a temp gauge if I had to choose
Pygmaelion
Goped
Goped

Post by Pygmaelion »

It so happens that I have an '89 intake lying about, and I'm tempted to mod it with a boost bottle (after having read this thread).

So, what's the premise here? This is a chamber that acts like a tuned muffler that causes pressure pulses in the air/fuel mix. If we're trying to get the vibrations to push/pull the mix into the crankcase, what's the best angle to mount the bottle opening?

I saw vette76's pic, and it looks like he put his at 90 degrees to the flow of gas. I don't know spank about gas dynamics,fabrication ,or proper engine anything... Would it help to point that opening down so that it's "facing" into the pressure?

I'm unclear on the principal of how this helps on the low end, so i'm just trying to get a grip on the concept. Is the opening/closing action of the reed valve what causes this vibration. If so, is the slower open/close vibration the reason why this works at lower rpm, and not so well at higher ones?
85stroka
Elite
Elite

Post by 85stroka »

there's no wrong way just as long as it is above the head, and able to empty and not pool inside the chamber as far as I know?
if you look on ebay and see the chambers for the gopeds lying below the head and no being able to empty completely is all worng and if you read their statements they are full of it !
noiseguy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by noiseguy »

There's some tech articles at the front of the thread. A 150 mL (cc) mousse bottle is exactly the right size. Vette76's didn't help, but on a Spree that runs the full RPM range, I can't see why it would.

You have the right idea, though. Use a spare intake for this.
Admin, Hondaspree.net

Buy air filters and gaskets here (Ebay): http://stores.ebay.com/noiseguysstore
Buy air filters and gaskets here (Amazon): www.amazon.com/shops/spreepower
Buy a t-shirt here: https://teespring.com/stores/spree-powersport-products
85stroka
Elite
Elite

Post by 85stroka »

hrnytrtlsgsxr wrote:
85stroka wrote:I need to get a tach!
I prefer having a tach over a temp gauge if I had to choose
nah I 'll just have to get the koso digital for the ZX headset ! :D
Pygmaelion
Goped
Goped

Post by Pygmaelion »

~took a glimpse through the earlier posts, like I should've in the first place, and read up on a few google searches

If I recall correctly, the '89 elite E intake has a brass connector sticking out of it's "neck". The one from '90 doesn't...

In the '90, the fuel, oil and vaccuum lines all go straight to inputs on the carb.

If I slap the 89 on there, that neck port would be too small to make a good boost bottle port, correct? What's the best way to plug this hole? JB weld? Little gob of gasket sealer?

The venturi in the carb is 14mm(presumably the narrowest port in the intake system), so the boost bottle port should be somewhere between 4.2mm and 7 mm diameter (x.3 to .5)... So, I'd have to do like vette 76, and drill/tap out hole for a new fitting...

I'd want this thing as close to the reed valve as possible, right? The point of it being that it's supposed to be catching "backlash air" that gets past the reeds before they shut instead of passing it back across that main jet, and then having fuel/air available when it sucks back open.

Time to buy that tap and die set ;) Oh, and also time to get some mousse.
MySpree
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by MySpree »

mouse...... is ......... evil!!!!
noiseguy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by noiseguy »

Rather than plug the '89 oil port, I'd use that as the starting point for the boost bottle takeoff. It's too small as is, so drill it out and go from there. Otherwise your numbers look about right.
Admin, Hondaspree.net

Buy air filters and gaskets here (Ebay): http://stores.ebay.com/noiseguysstore
Buy air filters and gaskets here (Amazon): www.amazon.com/shops/spreepower
Buy a t-shirt here: https://teespring.com/stores/spree-powersport-products
85stroka
Elite
Elite

Post by 85stroka »

I am using a 1/4 npt with a 3/8 barb inner dia is 6.3mm ,will bore out just a little more!
MySpree
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by MySpree »

so these boost bottle accily work!!!
hrnytrtlsgsxr
Elite
Elite

Post by hrnytrtlsgsxr »

yes if das what you wanna know