UK Honda Vision NE50 MF - newbie performance advice sought

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

wizbit
BMX
BMX

Re: UK Honda Vision NE50 MF - newbie performance advice soug

Post by wizbit »

I've been reading on some forums that the engine in the Vision/Aero (presumably AF50E) is the same as the Peugot Speedfight 1 & 2. Does anybody know this to be true. If so will the Gianelli exhausts fit?
nobbylad
BMX
BMX

Post by nobbylad »

Looking at the Gianelli website, they list 2 pipes for the Speedfight 50 air/liquid. The first (Rekord) doesn't look like it will fit

however the second (Reverse), looks like it might

wizbit
BMX
BMX

Post by wizbit »

The Rekord is way out. The second one is close but I reckon the header would need to move (away) a bit. I could be wrong though. I will need a new exhaust as I have found a hole in mine. Couldn't see any restricting washer inthe header though.
nobbylad
BMX
BMX

Post by nobbylad »

I think I'm gonna go for the proma chamber pipe from Italy now that the Malossi wild lion is out of production.
wizbit
BMX
BMX

Post by wizbit »

I'm interested to see this Proma pipe and if it fits ok. Could be a way for me to go too. Good luck with it all mate :happy:
wizbit
BMX
BMX

Post by wizbit »

Going through your photos again and noticed your transmission has Made in France (mine hasn't) on it and no HONDA moulded into the transmission cover (mine has).
welder steve
Goped
Goped

Post by welder steve »

that looks like a Peugeot copy/ i believe they made alot of stuff for honda. looks like a speedfight style but af05, i believe the speedfight uses a af16e style cyl and intake
fattaffracingco
Noob
Noob

Post by fattaffracingco »

hi , good thread this chaps it has cleared up a few things for me with the differences between USA and UK spec models
speedfight exhaust does not bolt on ! I fitted an old speedfight yasuni pipe but I had to cut n weld vision flange on it , not a massive job but a couple of hours work all in all
yasuni pipe nice thick gauge metal ,lovely to weld, but errr bit noisy innit ?
great thread tho , for us brits
cancunia
Spree
Spree

Post by cancunia »

Just starting out on the same quest to squeeze a few more mph from my '85 Vision when I came across this thread. I'm wondering if anyone has found a restricting spacer in the variator from a UK Vision with an AF05E motor? I can only get about 27mph but from what I've read elsewhere I should be able to reach 35 with this motor.
Wheelman-111

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

Depending on mileage, you may have a fouled air filter, low compression, or a caked-up exhaust. Remedy these first. Your AF05 should indeed get to 35 and do it pretty quickly. It's possible that there are restrictions on the English models we've never seen in the States. AFAIK there's never been any restrictions on the AERO models sold here. Check the exhaust pipe for a restricting washer welded in, and check the manifold tube for the same.

If you can find a Malossi, Polini, or Keli variator for AF05, buy and install with a new belt. Service the driven pulley if it feels sticky. With nominal power you can get close to 40.
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
cancunia
Spree
Spree

Post by cancunia »

It's quite likely that there's a fair amount of carbon built up inside which would account for a few MPH, but the big clue is '30MPH' printed on the ID plate. This is what allows it to be classed as a 'moped' in the UK so it can be driven by 16 year olds and people with a car licence. There's a restriction somewhere and from reading elsewhere on here about a French version it's probably the variator ramp plate which is apparently almost flat, but I wondered if maybe there's a spacer in there as well / instead. I took the exhaust off to change the tyre and there's no restriction in the header.
If anyone has a used standard ramp plate in fair condition for an AF05 that they no no longer need, please let me know? Or if anyone has a photo or part numbers they could post, I can compare it with the one I have.

Thanks
Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Meatball »

cancunia wrote: Or if anyone has a photo or part numbers they could post, I can compare it with the one I have.
http://hondaspree.net/wiki/index.php5?t ... erformance

The only way to know is to take off your vari and look. Post pics of it here if you can. On U.S. Hondas, the "flattened" ramp plate was only used as a restriction method for a limited number of years/models. The vast majority of restricted bikes had a washer that can simply be removed.
cancunia wrote:I took the exhaust off to change the tyre and there's no restriction in the header.
The restricting washer (if any) would be in the exhaust itself, not in the header. A proper size drill bit is used to drill it out.
I need to find some new haters...the ones I have are starting to like me.
cancunia
Spree
Spree

Post by cancunia »

Thanks for the wiki links, from the pictures the ramp plate differences are totally clear and if mine is anything similar it explains a lot. Do those ramp plates also fit an AF05 motor? . Restricted European exhausts normally have a washer right at the top of the header but it's worth checking the whole thing over so I'll take another look at the exhaust.
I need to go past a scooter shop sometime next week and I'll pick up a new belt while I'm there. The shop is mostly about classic Italian scooters, but they may know about ramp plates. When I have the belt I'll take a few pix of the ramp plate.
jakubman1
Elite
Elite

Post by jakubman1 »

Ive got some ramp plates if ya need them.Also one sa50p front boss thingy
cancunia
Spree
Spree

Post by cancunia »

jakubman1 wrote:Ive got some ramp plates if ya need them.Also one sa50p front boss thingy
Thanks, I'll send you a PM.