Aero 50 questions/help

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

tubs26
Noob
Noob

Aero 50 questions/help

Post by tubs26 »

hey guys im new to the forum, just bought my first scooter, its an 85 aero 50, bought it off a guy from Craigslist, got a good deal outta it, runs super good and is awesome! i got it because i was originally saving up for a car but at the moment i cant afford a car at all! (im 19) so i decided to go with this.

Now, my main question is im a little heavy (204lbs) so at about 34ish the rpms are super high and then at that point i lay off the throttle since i feel like im running the motor hard. so i was wondering if there were any simple upgrades that i can do to A: get a higher top speed for when i commute on it and B: keep the rpms a bit lower so i can cruse comfortably at about 30-35+ without having the motor sounding like its gonna blow...thanks. i wanna keep the scooter running for a long time and keep it for a few years so i want to be easy on the motor, and yes i do realize its a 2 smoke lol, ive owned dirtbikes and completely understand.

basically what i have found researching, http://vtcycles.com/vtc_plugins/e107sho ... t=50&cat=4, performance CDI box? etc. big bore kit?
mmeadows
Elite
Elite

Re: Aero 50 questions/help

Post by mmeadows »

?i good place to start is how much money do you want to spend total on upgrades?
84 Aero af05e Ruckus variator, rear metro wheel, Leovince pipe ( work in process... porting , nh80 reeds intake carb)
tubs26
Noob
Noob

Post by tubs26 »

depends, maybe around $200ish i was researching variator weights and i think i just need to put proper ones in and i should be set
mmeadows
Elite
Elite

Post by mmeadows »

you can get a veo lince exasut for roughly $ 180
http://www.sip-scootershop.com/main/bas ... a=1&sort=0

or a big bore kit from graphite9 for $150 i think. And he is located in like milawaki or something so no waiting for shipping.

installing a honda rukus varatior might help (25ish), diffrent or new roller weights might help. but they wont be drastic changes.

im 6"5 and 200 lbs as well. if your getting 34mph already on portland streets, you wont see much of an upgrade with new weights. ( assuming they arnt extremely worn or broken)

a common and cheap speed upgrade is ruckus variator and a new larger rear tire. but these upgrades wont be like the other upgrades i mentioned.
84 Aero af05e Ruckus variator, rear metro wheel, Leovince pipe ( work in process... porting , nh80 reeds intake carb)
Dingus Khan
Spree
Spree

Post by Dingus Khan »

red eft has everything you need.
Last edited by Dingus Khan on Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
tubs26
Noob
Noob

Post by tubs26 »

ok sweet thanks a ton guys! ill defiantly look into it, my main fear is lake oswego/ capital hwy and barbur. everyone does an average of 50 on a 35-45 mph roads around there. plus hills on top of that...
mmeadows
Elite
Elite

Post by mmeadows »

i drove from tigard to psu for awhile, there are definitely certain routes you want to avoid lol
tubs26
Noob
Noob

Post by tubs26 »

Wow! haha, I live off garden home, by scholls and burgerville and my main traveling will be up forwards PCC sylvania/lake Oswego area from there.
tubs26
Noob
Noob

Post by tubs26 »

I got another question, on my scooter It revs up pretty high before the clutch engages, if I could adjust it where it grabs a little after idle would that help in top speed? That way I'm not using 1/4 throttle just to get going...and do the variators that fit the ruckus fit my motor?
maddog
CB900F
CB900F

Post by maddog »

I hate to tell you this but the 85-87 aero hates weight, this engine just plain runs hot, my advice is to sell it and get a 94 and up elite-s which i have designed to handle 450lbs for a friend, the bottom line was he was satisfied :smile:
some people dream of speed, i own your dreams!
tubs26
Noob
Noob

Post by tubs26 »

ah dang really? ill look into it, i think ill just keep this one and do the few mods and be happy with that, since i already got it and can upgrade it as soon as i want where as a new scooter that will take probably a few months...