Arreche carb hard starting

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

Duke
Spree
Spree

Arreche carb hard starting

Post by Duke »

Hey guys, I have been so busy I have not put many miles on my little Aero 50 (setup: arreche 19, Malossi cast iron 65cc, Boyesen reed, LV SP3) Too many rides in the garage to choose from :geekdance:
I have noticed that when it sits for more than a week or so, it takes a very long time to start. Like 6 or more 8-second pulses on the starter. Has anyone else noticed this with Arreche's, maybe they are vented more and the fuel evaporates out of the bowl faster? If I ride it everyday it fires up first try every time. I am considering a check valve on the vents, don't know if this would be effective or not...
87 Elite 50
99 Aprilia SR50 Carb polini
02 Aprilia SR50 Ditech busted soon to rock gy6 150cc power!
1973 Suzuki TS185 smoker!
2002 KTM Duke
LMH
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Re: Arreche carb hard starting

Post by LMH »

Are you using the choke on it? My 19 had to be choked or it wasnt starting. It was quick to flood the cylinder. I really liked the bottom end with the 19. If youre using one of those "racing" cdis I would try swapping back to the stock cdi and see if that helps also. Those blue cdis have a huge initial advance and make it hard to start on a 2 stroke.
dun rite
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by dun rite »

my arreche does the same thing after a few days sitting. But my stock keihin did that as well, but probably took a few days longer to evaporate. The cure is to ride more often.
taz 50mm bbk, 51g. rollers,1500 c spring
24mm arreche, #20 pilot, E2 needle clip on lower groove
arreche air filter
Naruku intake, reeds & block
v8 pipe
stock gears
trail tech temp & rpm gauges
LMH
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by LMH »

Ride more is the cure for a lot of things!