86 Honda spree speed help

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

rush1111
BMX
BMX

86 Honda spree speed help

Post by rush1111 »

If I increase the air intake flow with a better air filter, and swapped out the main carburetor jet for a slightly larger one would the higher air flow, and more fuel balance out, thus giving me a few more mph?
:coolcruise: TW.
patthesoundguy

Re: 86 Honda spree speed help

Post by patthesoundguy »

rush1111 wrote:If I increase the air intake flow with a better air filter, and swapped out the main carburetor jet for a slightly larger one would the higher air flow, and more fuel balance out, thus giving me a few more mph?
Nope. I even did it with no filter and the the MLM tuned pipe made no difference whatsoever. Well it made a difference in the volume of noise from the intake... It just made more racket. More mph on a spree comes for changing the gear ratio. The take off suffers when you change the gear ratio. To get the take off to be livable you need to do more modifications. There is reason why motor swaps are becoming more and more popular for that very reason. If you could just upjet and pull the airbox to get more mph out a spree we all would do it. It would be the number one mod in wikispreedia ;-) it is very fun to try and squeeze more out of a stock spree though. :thumbwink:
Dude! Ya Can't Fix Stupid!
84 Spree stock
84 Spree Dio AF18E MHR Cylinder Arrow Pipe 28mm OKO
80 Express, 47mm DR BBKit, Weak Ends Intake, Boyesen Dual stage reeds, 19mm Delorto carb, MLM pipe
79 Express
85 Aero 80 stock
84 elite 125 stock
Johnniespeed
Elite
Elite

Post by Johnniespeed »

Swap in a bigger engine with variator or buy a faster scooter.
The Spree does not have a variator, that means it is a one speed transmission, engine RPM is your speed limiting factor, if you increase top end speed, take off from a stop suffers, engines that have a variator , are able to leave a stop using a two to one torque multiplication, once the speed increases the variator changes that ratio to about one to one.
No doubt about it, the Honda Spree is a fun little scooter, you would think that turning a magic adjustment screw the speed could increase.
1984 Aero 125 57 mph for sale.

Elite 150 64 mph for sale.

Elite 250 77 mph. for sale.

Red Honda Grom, modded to 250cc, 87 mph.

GSXR 1000 168 mph. My new favorite, scooters seems way too slow now.
808EERPS48
Goped
Goped

Post by 808EERPS48 »

Dio um stock goes 35-45 easy
84 Spree dio ready
Youtube me: Go RYAN Pro
True 72cc
70+/F/72
Reppin it for the 2+ class
Eastsydah Rydah Productions