new member from uk

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

hairyjim
Noob
Noob

new member from uk

Post by hairyjim »

Hi all.ive been reading various posts on the forum over the last few months and have finally registered.I'm on various forums in UK and in the process of collecting information regarding a full rebuild of my spare engine but have been a bit confused as to what fits.it's the afo5e lump from a 1988 vision.2 bolt manifold.the peugeot st rapido uses the same engine. looked at youtube vids and seen a few carb/manifold conversions,malossi barrel/variator mods but in the UK parts are not that easy to get..so importing from Europe or USA is my only option.shipping costs on single items is a large part of the cost so if I get most of it from one supplier it will keep the cost down. s.i.p. Have most of what I need but I'm unsure about the barrel.malossi or polini...sending wrong parts back too is a concern so ide like to get it right first time..any advice about eu or world wide suppliers would be a bonus.many thanks...jim..ps.the picture is how it was before I stripped it and done a bit of a clean up on it..byeee
Attachments
ped 001.jpg
ped 001.jpg (40.08 KiB) Viewed 5630 times
paulpauly7
CB900F
CB900F

Re: new member from uk

Post by paulpauly7 »

ScooterSwapShop has everything you need and more his prices are the best and shipping is fast .
86 Nifty Fifty (spree)
ZX disk brake
Kitico 120kmh speedo
AF18 ZX ported
Polini corsa
Malossi crank
CTmani
24mmOKO
40pilot118main
Scorpion pipe
8.44 to 1
Michelin s1
71.3mph
92 yz125, 94 crm250
hairyjim
Noob
Noob

Post by hairyjim »

Few bits painted
Attachments
147 (1).jpg
147 (1).jpg (33.56 KiB) Viewed 5619 times
hairyjim
Noob
Noob

Post by hairyjim »

Shiny and clean
Attachments
154 (1).jpg
154 (1).jpg (44.95 KiB) Viewed 5618 times
hairyjim
Noob
Noob

Post by hairyjim »

Gotta fit the sides and do a few bits and it's a goer.
Attachments
24112013734 (1).jpg
24112013734 (1).jpg (211.45 KiB) Viewed 5616 times
patthesoundguy

Post by patthesoundguy »

Beautiful paint job. Looks fabulous:-)
Dude! Ya Can't Fix Stupid!
84 Spree stock
84 Spree Dio AF18E MHR Cylinder Arrow Pipe 28mm OKO
80 Express, 47mm DR BBKit, Weak Ends Intake, Boyesen Dual stage reeds, 19mm Delorto carb, MLM pipe
79 Express
85 Aero 80 stock
84 elite 125 stock
fattaffracingco
Noob
Noob

Post by fattaffracingco »

nice one jim that's coming along lovely jubbly
I got same prob with performance bits,theres a scooter shop in Newport Wales,that can get bits but I think he's a bit of a middle man and just orders when u order,its taken nearly 2 weeks for yss shock to be delivered(im guessing prob from USA),he is on ebay uk,i also found another website in Holland with loadsa malossi and polini bits for our model but I've not used it yet
I dunno how far we r gonna take it performance wise as its for a 16 y/o teenager ??
hairyjim
Noob
Noob

Post by hairyjim »

Its been tucked away in the ex girlfriends shed since January.got a load of dremmel grinding bits today to do a case clean up when I finally get it all down to where i am at the moment..I'm working funny hours so getting a van to pick it up and do it is a pain...ide like to put a long stroke crank in it and fit the appropriate cylinder and do a CT style manifold jobby on it but I'm not sure where to start.I'm not worried about having the cases machined for bigger bearings if it needs it for a top notch crank...just rather know the best thing to do right from the start..bearings,crank and carb manifold first and then Ile know what ive got to do to flow the cases to get it all sorted.mallosi variator and an expansion pipe,jets,springs etc to get it all finished off before a dyno tune up..typically I'm getting the money together but ain't got the time..if i can find that middle mans ebay name/site Ile have a look-see and maybe give him a try for the bits he might be able to get...was thinking maybe weld a bit more meat round the cylinder base and redrill the stud holes for a better cylinder from the malossi race range cylinders.need them cases in front of me...200mls away is not nice.
paulpauly7
CB900F
CB900F

Post by paulpauly7 »

there is no longer stroke crank for the Af05e motors .You cant even machine the cases because you would have to move all of the case bolts out 7mm .Best to get a AF18 motor they can be build up to 125cc monsters .you can only get 65cc out of a af05e .
86 Nifty Fifty (spree)
ZX disk brake
Kitico 120kmh speedo
AF18 ZX ported
Polini corsa
Malossi crank
CTmani
24mmOKO
40pilot118main
Scorpion pipe
8.44 to 1
Michelin s1
71.3mph
92 yz125, 94 crm250
hairyjim
Noob
Noob

Post by hairyjim »

Looks like I'm gonna have to drop that idea then and go for a 65cc lump.