Corsa Porting

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

burnt_toast
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Corsa Porting

Post by burnt_toast »

Thinking about eeking more power from my setup, and porting comes to mind. Any of you guys ever done it on a DIO Corsa bore? I've heard they rip pretty good on jog setups.

In detail, what kind of tricks would work best on porting a Corsa?

Does anyone on here perform this as a service or have any good shop recommendations?
projects galore :nerd:
Mini_Stroker305
Goped
Goped

Re: Corsa Porting

Post by Mini_Stroker305 »

1man8scoots is the man to talk to when it comes down to porting. He is currently working on my Mina horizontal mini stroke Evo jog motor and has done multiple elite/dio motors. Man is good !
96 Yamaha Jog Next Zone CY50
72cc Polini Evo 2
Ruima 41.4 Teflon ministroke
Yasuni C16
24mm Polini pwk
Malossi 8:1 Primary Gears
Malossi VL14 Reeds
Polini 360 Mani
Jaingwayne transmission
Michelin S1 tires 90/90/10
Hoca Racing Fan/Alternator kit
1man8scoots
CB900F
CB900F

Post by 1man8scoots »

I'm not giving out any tricks on porting but I will say this. Don't go over 129 on all 5 transfers and stay under 192 for exhaust. Anything over and the case and/or exhaust won't flow enough and you will see rpm but no power. I've gone too far many years ago and it was kind of funny.
If you dont have patience and a steady hand I wouldn't try porting. If you have both then you're in luck! I've done corsas for vespa p200 (still in the works), aprilia, piaggio, derbi, yamaha horizontals, and honda af16/18. If you're going to use a mini stroker the corsa or contessa is the way to go. I did the math and a mini stroked mhr is not realistic but the corsa can be ported just right to match.
burnt_toast
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by burnt_toast »

very nice. thanks for the info guys!

How does ported Corsa go with stock stroke vs. ministroke? Not sure how far I want to go, but did ministroke once before and didn't care for it too much, but paired with unported of course
projects galore :nerd:
1man8scoots
CB900F
CB900F

Post by 1man8scoots »

I've done a few mini (44.4 & 44.1) stroked ported corsa af16/18. It's the porting that makes the difference more than extra stroke. When porting a stroked always remember if you started with a high timed cylinder it will only go up in timing when stroking and it can get too high fast. I ran one of my ported corsa/mhr vs one of my 44.4 corsa I did for a friend and we're the same weight, he destroyed me from start to finish. I really enjoyed riding his bike also, if you let off the throttle while cruising and get back on it, you won't even feel a lag.
The life expectancy of a mini stroked engine is less than a proper stock stroked engine tho. Porting can increase usable power by a lot or make a lot of power in a shorter area. I always go for the latter. I don't operate my engines at low speed and if I plan on cruising around the city (which I never have time to) I ride my "street ported" bikes. In the end you could ride any style porting anywhere it just depends if you want to sound like you're racing everywhere.
veedubh20
CB900F
CB900F

Post by veedubh20 »

Malossi Mo betta. I love jog replica bore.
1man8scoots
CB900F
CB900F

Post by 1man8scoots »

Malossi is the bottom of the barrel when it comes to bores. Just above tai bores in qc.