Oil Pump Delete Vs. OEM Oil Pump Vs. Aftermarket Oil Pump

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

benji
CB900F
CB900F

Re: Oil Pump Delete Vs. OEM Oil Pump Vs. Aftermarket Oil Pum

Post by benji »

Thank you, wheelman, for blessing us w your 2t knowledge. I noticed my bike changing how much fuel to oil I used, it really can effect the output of the bike alot. Anybody have a favorite oil for pump vs. Pre-mix? Anybody have a least favorite?
Drifter562
Spree
Spree

Post by Drifter562 »

Just to clarify i never said that people hate the oil pump, everyone has there own opinion which I'm more than all ears on, the purpose of this debate is to point out some facts. So G9 i agree with you on the premix bit if the honda pump only delivers oil to the intake. It makes sense to just go premix in that scenario as your cutting out alot of unecessary steps that you have to take. Wheelman you just pointed out something about oil pump
" It won't fail mechanically because... well, it's pumping Oil, after all" Those Oil pumps can only fail for various reasons they are so simple in design not much can fail. I mean 1. o rings 2. clogged 3. Worn teeth 4. Air Bleeds 5. Hoses. I mean its driven by the crank which is always moving once the engine is turned on at whatever speed even if decelerating as the crank is still spinning right even at a slower pace reeds are open as long as piston is moving up which is all the time when your engine is on am I wrong? G9 thanks for the interesting facts about the oil pump bike vs the premix bike sounds like winner one day I'll have a race bike, Pineapplegti blessed me with letting me ride his dope * spree that maxes out at 70 mph. The beast was humbling you guys all have sick builds this forum was my entry into 2 strokes and to be honest 4 strokes are lame lol I was going to get a Honda crf for my son to start him off in dirt biking instead I'm going to pick up a cr and build up.
kuromi
Spree
Spree

Post by kuromi »

The pump on my Melody Deluxe had worn teeth.
P.O. had used it as a pit bike so hadn't bothered keeping up with maintenance.
The bore was worn and scratched causing a lot of blow by past the piston.
I think the hot exhaust gases were either burning off the oil before it could get to the oil pump drive side of the crank, or the draft from the blow by was starving that end from oil.

Could also have been a blocked oil line or incorrectly set up pump.
1983 Melody Deluxe II / ND50MC
1984 Melody Mini / NP50D
1979 Simson Schwalbe KR51/1 (think 2 wheel trabant/ East German Honda Cub)