72cc polini build

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

Peteyparado
Spree
Spree

Re: 72cc polini build

Post by Peteyparado »

I was just running a pg long hours ago.. I just got my stroker scorpion in from G9 an action 100% difference mid range torque an top end power.. And I thought the pg Long had power..
86 aero af16 swap. 121cc water cool.
Polini 30mm carb
Naraku mani
Scorpion stroker pipe
Stage6 CDI
5gram rollers
Keli high speed Variator
6.1 gears
94mph
Meloshameless
Elite
Elite

Post by Meloshameless »

Haha omg. So refreshing to hear! I live by him and pick up parts often. We always talk about guys and there pg's, loving how cheap but looking for more performace. And how were suggesting better, more expensive/ quality parts. And alot just argue. Im glad you went for it and found out first hand what better parts do! I hope u enjoy that pipe and smash on all ur fellow riders! If only they would try a polini carb... I just bought one yesterday, polini 23mm cp. Out the box came with 110/104 jets. It starts first kick, no choke! I also did a stage 6 intake manny, corsa, and arrow. Theres a vid on brandon S scooter swapshop face book, the 93' sr with teal rims. I didnt evem tune yet just bolted on quality and she get!
2000 Honda SR (purple swurp)
corsa
naruku
polini 21 cp 36/106 pod filter
polini vari 5.5 gram
zx trans
Polini evo2 clutch/bell yellow springs (slacked) yellow contra
Yasuni C16
stock crank/gears=wheelie machine
70 mph/12,470 rpm Trail tech vapor verified
Justinmarldizah
BMX
BMX

Post by Justinmarldizah »

Took my small teeth belt and place a big teeth. Should i leave my blue clutch springs on or drop it back down to yellow clutch springs. Bike feela good but kinda revy. Tryna get the power out of my pg while i find a scorpion.
Meloshameless
Elite
Elite

Post by Meloshameless »

G9 get plenty scorpions. Not on web though, gotta pm him. I was running blue till they wore out so i put the yellow in. Still did good actually hit better in my band, the blues actually made it grab farther into band, didnt seem necessary unless u drag racing. But i was also looking for wheelie, bottom band grab gets wheelies at a slower more managable speed. Blues, you gotta play with it and your chasing the wheelie down cuz of so much forward movement . so depends on riding style, try the yellows, if they feel better roll wit it..
corsa
naruku
polini vari 5.5 gram
zx trans
Yasuni C16
Justinmarldizah
BMX
BMX

Ridding with blue cos that worked well with me in the pass, was hitting crazy top speed. Other people suggesting me to put a yellow one. But thanks ma bruddah fo the tip.
Peteyparado
Spree
Spree

Post by Peteyparado »

Yes polini carb all the way... OKO's are out..
86 aero af16 swap. 121cc water cool.
Polini 30mm carb
Naraku mani
Scorpion stroker pipe
Stage6 CDI
5gram rollers
Keli high speed Variator
6.1 gears
94mph
Rip_City_Spree
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Rip_City_Spree »

I'm riding yellow contra yellow springs in my clutch with the long and honestly could use a stronger contra.
01 Elite SR
polini corsa
Polini 26mm Carb
Naraku intake
Naraku sport variator
Currently 5g rollers
zx trans
Arrow
red contra with yellow clutch springs.
RIP CITY
RIP NO MERCY KERSEY
Justinmarldizah
BMX
BMX

Anyone ever put on a bore without base gasket? Just wondering
1man8scoots
CB900F
CB900F

Post by 1man8scoots »

You will retard timing too much and have no real power. If you're going for high compression deck the cylinder.
Justinmarldizah
BMX
BMX

I finally placed my corsa, ported but some people telling me it is overported and sum saying its pretty good, i had blue springs on was clocking it and changed my springs to yellow and still clocking at the same, can anyone tell me why? And how do i know if its over-ported, guy i had it from said the bore was cherreh and not over ported.
Meloshameless
Elite
Elite

Post by Meloshameless »

Are you speaking of the clutch spings or contra? Changing either one does nothing for top speed. Tuning those just makes 0-top speed different according to ur own preference. Mine is tuned for quick take off and wheelies, my other dio is drag status, just revs like a *, then takes off well into the power band.
corsa
naruku
polini vari 5.5 gram
zx trans
Yasuni C16
1man8scoots
CB900F
CB900F

Post by 1man8scoots »

The contra defintely does effect top speed.
When you say the bore is over ported, do you mean that it is ported too high and timing is off, or it is ported too wide? It's a fine balance on port dimension as too ported too much. The balance lies with in diameter and shape of the exhaust port coupled with the sum of the tranfers and how much area below, "transfer wells", that is available for flow.
Often enough I find a lot of people port them too high and it makes timing insanely high. Being as you spoke of not using a base gasket I assume it was ported very high. In which case if it was ported too high you could potentially use no base gasket and use a 47mm head gasket that makes up the slack. If you can post a picture of the porting it would help a lot.
Justinmarldizah
BMX
BMX

Sef black or rrgs pipe? Which should i get
Meloshameless
Elite
Elite

Post by Meloshameless »

Not trying to argue. Just understand and learn. How exactly does the contra effect top end? I was under the impression it only controls the speed at which the belt shifts into a higher gear, and once the the belt reaches the bottom of the rear pulley, top end now depends on your motors ability to produce power. (bbk size, pipe etc..)
corsa
naruku
polini vari 5.5 gram
zx trans
Yasuni C16
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Post by benji »

I think that 1man means that too strong a contra (or too light rollers in the vario) won't let the pulley fully open up into "second gear".