JUG SWAP QUESTIONS. ( UNDER TITLE READ)

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

NB50clonePGO6GOD
Goped
Goped

JUG SWAP QUESTIONS. ( UNDER TITLE READ)

Post by NB50clonePGO6GOD »

Quick response question in need of answer

IS IT POSSIABLE TO SWAP 84 NB50 WITH 84 NQ50 JUG KIT

I have decided to full swap top end if its not then it is not if it is then it is.

Thanks! :blah:
People playing with my clone I let it slide with em, still tipping on 3.0's belt ramping the CVT ON PGOS!

Too quick, TURN UP!
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Re: JUG SWAP QUESTIONS. ( UNDER TITLE READ)

Post by benji »

Spree to 1st Gen aero50? It think the 84 aero is an af05 motor, not af05. I've got the fac jug for an 86...
NB50clonePGO6GOD
Goped
Goped

benji wrote:Spree to 1st Gen aero50? I think the 84 aero is an af05 motor, not af05. I've got the fac jug for an 86...

I would like to say its a af01 case, due to 4 bolt intake vs 2 bolt on a af05e

Case mounts seem simular, between the nb and nq only differance is gasket look which is rounded, piston dimensions such as 40mm 39.3 vs nq50s 41mm x 37.4 which will give more power the biggest issue are the cranks the same both use 10mm wrist pins.

Is there any modification required?
People playing with my clone I let it slide with em, still tipping on 3.0's belt ramping the CVT ON PGOS!

Too quick, TURN UP!
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Post by benji »

I'm not sure.
I know the aero only has a 2 bolt intake for 85 model year, 86 n 87 have 4 bolt, so do all the elites w the af05e I believe.
I would look up and see if an af05e jug will fit a spree. It might, from what I understand theyre the same series of motor.
NB50clonePGO6GOD
Goped
Goped

benji wrote:I'm not sure.
I know the aero only has a 2 bolt intake for 85 model year, 86 n 87 have 4 bolt, so do all the elites w the af05e I believe.
I would look up and see if an af05e jug will fit a spree. It might, from what I understand theyre the same series of motor.

*flicks coins at pgo crank case cover* :bs:

Although I have a 87 clone seems like it's multiple Hondas on one.

It still runs but I should just fix it and sell the case running for $265.00

Picture this a 84 jug but the exhaust port is straight out not on the side.

What jug year matches that?

Too quick, TURN UP!
kuromi
Spree
Spree

Post by kuromi »

Get a base gasket for the jug and compare to your current cases to make sure the ports match up.
If they're only very slightly out you may be able to grind out part of your cases/ jug to get them to match.

Some cylinders won't match because the intake ports will extend beyond the metal available.

I think your biggest issue is the difference in stroke length since this is what determines when the piston 'opens' the ports inside the cylinder.
This determines the timing so may result in less power if the timing is out.

Normally, you'd try and find a cylinder that matches your bore and stroke (and stud holes) then use gaskets or plates to lift the barrel if the piston was hitting the head
A lot of Forum Members wrote:Stick a Dio on it
EDIT: The NB50 bore/ stroke dimensions are the same as my Melodys. If you need a stock barrel you might be able to get one from UK/ Europe Ebay by searching for Melody.
1983 Melody Deluxe II / ND50MC
1984 Melody Mini / NP50D
1979 Simson Schwalbe KR51/1 (think 2 wheel trabant/ East German Honda Cub)