Ported spree

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Re: Ported spree

Post by Meatball »

Peteyparado wrote:theres a video on YouTube with a guy making a oil pump plug it's called
1985 HONDA SPREE BIG BORE KIT PART 1 His YouTube name is Evan..
It 15 min long the plug is around 1min 50sec left
Too bad I don't have a lathe to make one of those. Funny how the guy says he cant "get on it all the way" because its not broke-in yet. But yet hes doing 30-35 over and over. Seems like hes getting on it pretty hard for a break-in period.
I need to find some new haters...the ones I have are starting to like me.
Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Meatball »

Meloshameless wrote:You dont need to grind the gear off. You can just pull the oil pump out and pull the shaft gear right out of the pump and put it back in. Thatll delete the pump. Then on the hose that feeds and intakes oil into pump, cut them short (about 2") and find a machine screw that can thread into them snug, coat the thread with some type of permatex gasket maker to make sure there air tight. That worked for me, however ive heard an actual oil pump delete plug fills that area better and promotes better compression, but im sure its not a noticable amount.
I thought about just pulling the shaft too and leaving the pump in place with all ports capped. But it sure would be nice to have that ugly thing just gone completely. A sweet looking plug would just be much sexier.
Meloshameless
Elite
Elite

Post by Meloshameless »

Ur right, both my bikes now have the plug now. but i ran it like that for over 6 months with no issues, so it does work.
2000 Honda SR (purple swurp)
corsa
naruku
polini 21 cp 36/106 pod filter
polini vari 5.5 gram
zx trans
Polini evo2 clutch/bell yellow springs (slacked) yellow contra
Yasuni C16
stock crank/gears=wheelie machine
70 mph/12,470 rpm Trail tech vapor verified
Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Meatball »

got pics of your plugs? Id love some ideas since it seems like Im gonna need to fab something.
Meloshameless
Elite
Elite

Post by Meloshameless »

My plugs are on elites, the pre made ones u can buy, if i had a spree i would just do what i explained earlier, cuz i dont know if they make them for spree.
2000 Honda SR (purple swurp)
corsa
naruku
polini 21 cp 36/106 pod filter
polini vari 5.5 gram
zx trans
Polini evo2 clutch/bell yellow springs (slacked) yellow contra
Yasuni C16
stock crank/gears=wheelie machine
70 mph/12,470 rpm Trail tech vapor verified
Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Meatball »

What do you think of this? Its obviously made for high temp areas since its for an oil filler opening. Thoughts?

http://www.ryderfleetproducts.com/moell ... 62-4414110
jakubman1
Elite
Elite

Post by jakubman1 »

Update. I removed the shaft 're installed the pump and plugged the nipples . I took it for a 1mile strip constantly playing with throttle and noticed slow take off and boggy. How should I adjust my carb air/gas screw ? More in or more out?
Leaky exhaust manifold was from used crush washer. I put.in a new one and it's great :)
Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Meatball »

Since mine is in basically the same shape yours is, I can relate. Mine is also very boggy on take-off. It wakes up around 8mph and purrs up to 15mph. I haven't gone any faster than that since im taking it easy but its doing the same thing yours is..for my next tank of fuel Im going to cut back the oil a bit. Im still using the oil pump (for now) and almost through a full tank of 50:1 mix. Next tank I will try 70:1 mix and see if it improves the take-offs. It smokes a little on acceleration and Im hoping my mixture adjustment fixes that too.
jakubman1
Elite
Elite

Post by jakubman1 »

Yeah mine seems to only get to 15. Slow as heck what gives
Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Meatball »

it only gets to 15mph when WOT?
Wheelman-111

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

Jakubman, the mixture screw goes full-rich screwed all the way in. Fingertip pressure, don't crank too hard. Turning it out leans the mixture. Play for smoothest, highest idle speed, - a tachometer is almost a Must - then check throttle response and adjust by 1/16 - 1/8th turn in or out. Make sure you have a completely sealed airbox, tight connector pipe and aNEW air filter element, lightly soaked in oil or you're wasting your time. Healthy Sprees do 30 all day long although they can take a long run to get there. Honda-san knew they'd be run WOT all the time, and they can take that treatment, but they're not designed for the 20:1 oil ratio you now have. Something is Very wrong if you can't bust 15. If the problem lies elsewhere {Fuel CONTENT, filter, air box, AIR LEAKS, reeds, compression, spark plug and exhaust}, then adjusting the carburetor won't help. Dump that fuel on the neighbor's grass and mix 100:1 maximum, even for a big-bore.
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
jakubman1
Elite
Elite

Post by jakubman1 »

Air box is good. I just replaced my filter just now and oiled it. Checked the spark plug it's good. I went 20mph. Spark plug isn't wet. Am I suppose to screw in the air mixture screw all the way then adjust ?
Last edited by jakubman1 on Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jakubman1
Elite
Elite

Post by jakubman1 »

I.was told to mix 32:1 that's what's in there. No oil pump. I removed the shaft . I was running just fine before the install 28-30mph

Did I put too much oil? So I need 1.28 ounces of oil per gallon? Correct for 100:1. I just installed the big bore kit.

Why isn't the 32:1 smoking like crazy then? Im confused as * now. Im using Maxima scooter pro synthetic T2 stroke oil
patthesoundguy

Post by patthesoundguy »

The level of oil in the fuel shouldn't cause the sudden loss in power. Some machines run 20:1 and even 16:1 ratios. The early 80s honda oddesy dune buggy run 20:1 put the shaft back on your oil pump. Pump leaks air with no shaft as far as I know. Put the pump back to stock and see if the issues go away.
Dude! Ya Can't Fix Stupid!
84 Spree stock
84 Spree Dio AF18E MHR Cylinder Arrow Pipe 28mm OKO
80 Express, 47mm DR BBKit, Weak Ends Intake, Boyesen Dual stage reeds, 19mm Delorto carb, MLM pipe
79 Express
85 Aero 80 stock
84 elite 125 stock
Weezerjerry
Spree
Spree

Post by Weezerjerry »

How'd the tear down and install go? I am still awaiting my carb and jets before I can even start the break in period... Let us know how the build goes! Good luck!