Ported spree

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

jakubman1
Elite
Elite

Ported spree

Post by jakubman1 »

If I have my spree ported will it affect reliability or premature detonation? What else needs to be done after porting the exhaust and intake? Will it affect gas consumption ? Can I keep my stock oil pump running ? What are the gains after having this done ? Thanks

Jakub
patthesoundguy

Re: Ported spree

Post by patthesoundguy »

Porting shouldn't change the reliability at all, and I don't think any more oil should be needed. The trick to porting is having someone do it who knows what they are doing. You can negatively affect performance by changing the timing only a little bit. Cleaning up the transfers and ports can help a lot and giving some better flow on the castings can also help. Detonation comes from the airfuel mixture firing under compression before the piston comes to top dead center form the plug the fire. Or it comes from excessive heat. Cleaning and transitioning the exhaust port helps but be careful it can be easy to burn through the casting. 1man8scoots is the person you want to ask about porting, he is the porting Ninja.
Dude! Ya Can't Fix Stupid!
84 Spree stock
84 Spree Dio AF18E MHR Cylinder Arrow Pipe 28mm OKO
80 Express, 47mm DR BBKit, Weak Ends Intake, Boyesen Dual stage reeds, 19mm Delorto carb, MLM pipe
79 Express
85 Aero 80 stock
84 elite 125 stock
noiseguy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by noiseguy »

Porting should be done in combination with other changes. Exhaust being first on list; the 19mm Spree downpipe is too small for a performance 50cc engine.
Admin, Hondaspree.net

Buy air filters and gaskets here (Ebay): http://stores.ebay.com/noiseguysstore
Buy air filters and gaskets here (Amazon): www.amazon.com/shops/spreepower
Buy a t-shirt here: https://teespring.com/stores/spree-powersport-products
1man8scoots
CB900F
CB900F

Post by 1man8scoots »

You port for your pipes rpm power range. Other wise you get a phenomenon known as "twin peaks". This is when you have a peak pipe rpm and a peak cylinder rpm that do not match and you will feel.one die off and the other pick up. This can burn up a cylinder from too much pressure and too much pressure drop.
jakubman1
Elite
Elite

Post by jakubman1 »

I messaged Taz over on Ebay about his stage 2 BBK with gear. I dont need speeds of 55-60mph lol. Just something that'll cure the slugish take off on a 85 NQ spree. Its only got 2400 miles. Very well taken care of. Im afraid that my refurb clutch will burn up along with wheel bearings going speed of 45. Also dont wanna run premix :(
MrJumps
CB900F
CB900F

Post by MrJumps »

55-60 is the dio you will be lucky to get a solid 45 on the bbk stage 2 kit

From my understanding is he dosnt have the kit on ebay anymore just the spree bbk by itself the 47mm bbk for nq50

He dosnt make the gear anymkre from my understanding too, but I may be wrong. I have 1986 gears already pressed on a shaft sitting around for another iwoa spree to come along looking for them.
1993 ch80, swapped with a ch250
2021 DRZ400sm :worship:
jakubman1
Elite
Elite

Post by jakubman1 »

So with the stage 2 bbk i will have to disconnect the stock oil pump? Is there a bbk which i can leave the stock oil pump on?
MrJumps
CB900F
CB900F

Post by MrJumps »

no your making a bigger bore you need more oil.
jakubman1
Elite
Elite

Post by jakubman1 »

Thank you
patthesoundguy

Post by patthesoundguy »

Pick up BBK and grab a carb adapter from scooter swap shop pick up a 19mm or so carb and bam stage 2 kit. Swap in an ax23 belt in place of gears and you are golden. You will have amazing takeoff if you leave the stock gear ratio. The take off won't be as good if you run the AX23 belt but you will gain 5mph, and its reversible easily.
Dude! Ya Can't Fix Stupid!
84 Spree stock
84 Spree Dio AF18E MHR Cylinder Arrow Pipe 28mm OKO
80 Express, 47mm DR BBKit, Weak Ends Intake, Boyesen Dual stage reeds, 19mm Delorto carb, MLM pipe
79 Express
85 Aero 80 stock
84 elite 125 stock
jakubman1
Elite
Elite

Post by jakubman1 »

Ok. So after chatting with taz for a while on eBay he'll have the gear after the 14th . He said I can keep my stock carb and stock exhaust after installing the kit with gear. It comes with a jet and I'll be running.premix. it's a sleeper kit. What kind of top speed would I be hoping for after install? Will I need to split the case to put.in gear ? Thanks everyone

Jakub
Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Meatball »

nevermind, I was wrong
Last edited by Meatball on Fri Jun 10, 2016 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I need to find some new haters...the ones I have are starting to like me.
MrJumps
CB900F
CB900F

Post by MrJumps »

You need to pull the oil pump and plug it and run premix. Your adding more surface area to the bore and less oil per cc of surface.
jakubman1
Elite
Elite

Post by jakubman1 »

So could I just put 2.75 tires on ,with a belt,and use the the jet that comes with the big bore and.hit 40-45? Why would I need an entire carb? Would that be more work? If I did get the carb would I be taking off my air stock air.box?
jakubman1
Elite
Elite

Post by jakubman1 »

There are so many different brand names of AX23 belts. Does someone have a link so i can pick it up? Iam set on just picking up a belt,bbk with gear,replacing tires with 2.75 and running the jet that comes with the bbk. Grabbing the adapter and carb is more money :( Has anyone gone this route before? Thank you :) Ill let you know when i pick up my bbk. It'll be my very first build so i dont wanna mess it up. Is there a link on the forum with a step by step guide? I know the kit comes with instructions. Im excited :geekdance: