Ported spree

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

patthesoundguy

Re: Ported spree

Post by patthesoundguy »

Ax23 is an ax23 brand doesn't really matter for the most part. Let me know you have trouble finding one of those belts I can hook you up from my supplier. Hit me up when you get the belt and ill make sure you get it on there without doing any damage to the the end of the crank shaft
Dude! Ya Can't Fix Stupid!
84 Spree stock
84 Spree Dio AF18E MHR Cylinder Arrow Pipe 28mm OKO
80 Express, 47mm DR BBKit, Weak Ends Intake, Boyesen Dual stage reeds, 19mm Delorto carb, MLM pipe
79 Express
85 Aero 80 stock
84 elite 125 stock
eclark5483
CB900F
CB900F

Post by eclark5483 »

Pretty sure you can get one on Amazon.com
jakubman1
Elite
Elite

Post by jakubman1 »

Is this the Carb i should be looking for? Will i need to cut my air box out? This is the one that comes with everything? This is crazy lol

http://www.scooterswapshop.com/products ... 8124480773
patthesoundguy

Post by patthesoundguy »

jakubman1 wrote:Is this the Carb i should be looking for? Will i need to cut my air box out? This is the one that comes with everything? This is crazy lol

http://www.scooterswapshop.com/products ... 8124480773
That is a great quality carb and looks like graphite 9 has all the stuff you need except jets. I would wait to cut.your air box apart, but it's likely you may need to do so. When I got my intake and carb for my bbk years ago I got another air box cheap and cut that one, in case I ever wanted to got back to a stock setup.
84 Spree stock
80 Express, 47mm DR BBKit, Weak Ends Intake, Boyesen Dual stage reeds, 19mm Delorto carb, MLM pipe
79 Express
85 Aero 80 stock
84 elite 125 stock
jakubman1
Elite
Elite

Post by jakubman1 »

Sweet thanks man. I just ordered the bbk for the spree. I wonder what kind of jets ill be needing to tune it. Is there a thread on proper break in procedure and Premix i should be running? I wont be going back to stock. Cant stand the sluggish take off. Its gonna be a keeper.
Weezerjerry
Spree
Spree

Post by Weezerjerry »

So you got that carb and a bbk? What size carb did you go with? I just did the same thing and got a 19mm carb but am wondering if it comes with any jets and if I should get main and pilot jets or just main? Not to hijack the thread it just sounds like you are planning the same setup as me.
jakubman1
Elite
Elite

Post by jakubman1 »

The only thing I.picked up was the.bbk and ax23 belt.it should all be here Tuesday . I'm gonna wait.for.the carb to see how the bbk is with just the jet it comes with. Is it.worth paying the mechanic 200$ to install the bbk? I've never done a build . I'd much rather do it myself.but after reading.how people screw up I'm scared .
Weezerjerry
Spree
Spree

Post by Weezerjerry »

2 stroke engines are pretty simple in general. I'm going to do my install next week assuming my parts all arrive by then. Not sure how mechanically inclined you are though. If I get my stuff in and do it before you, I'll let you know how it goes!
patthesoundguy

Post by patthesoundguy »

jakubman1 wrote:The only thing I.picked up was the.bbk and ax23 belt.it should all be here Tuesday . I'm gonna wait.for.the carb to see how the bbk is with just the jet it comes with. Is it.worth paying the mechanic 200$ to install the bbk? I've never done a build . I'd much rather do it myself.but after reading.how people screw up I'm scared .
Dude, you got this. With our help you can so put that kit on.
84 Spree stock
79 Express
85 Aero 80 stock
84 elite 125 stock
jakubman1
Elite
Elite

Post by jakubman1 »

Which jet kit should I pick up? There are a few of them
Ultraliner

Post by Ultraliner »

Nice! Reading around on here it would seem a few guys are putting the 48mm kits on their scoots at the moment

If you run with the jet that comes supplied with the BBK you'll be fine ;)
Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Meatball »

Yep, just got my Taz 48mm bbk in my 85 NQ50 on Thursday. Trying to go through the break-in period now. It really wasn't too tough but there were a few head scratcher moments along the way. Oh, and DONT put a ring on upside down or put your piston in backwards. Ask me how I know.
I need to find some new haters...the ones I have are starting to like me.
jakubman1
Elite
Elite

Post by jakubman1 »

Ultraliner wrote:Nice! Reading around on here it would seem a few guys are putting the 48mm kits on their scoots at the moment

I thought the jet that comes with the bbk is for the stock carb not the polini? Still waiting till I'm clear on the jets to pick up the carb from sss. I just wanna make sure .
Weezerjerry
Spree
Spree

Post by Weezerjerry »

I did my tear down yesterday and it was SUPER simple. The hard part is going to be tuning the carb I think. The remove and reinstall is the easy part.
patthesoundguy

Post by patthesoundguy »

jakubman1 wrote:
Ultraliner wrote:Nice! Reading around on here it would seem a few guys are putting the 48mm kits on their scoots at the moment

You are correct the jet with the kit is for the stock carb.

I thought the jet that comes with the bbk is for the stock carb not the polini? Still waiting till I'm clear on the jets to pick up the carb from sss. I just wanna make sure .
84 Spree stock
79 Express
85 Aero 80 stock
84 elite 125 stock