Do i need to mod the sb50 carb to run a BBK/muffler mod?

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

benji
CB900F
CB900F

Re: Do i need to mod the sb50 carb to run a BBK/muffler mod?

Post by benji »

I think it does both-slightly. It'll make it faster top speed wise, but I think by 5 mph or less. And you'll get better acceleration, but not wheely-city or anything. A stock spree w some mods will do like 35 or so I think.
Jackstickley
BMX
BMX

Post by Jackstickley »

Getting out of the intersection after a redlight faster is what im after most. That and not flintstoning it at take off so bbk is definitely what i need. Any other mods like gear or belt swap will be later on for the giggles i think.
Still not sure the 200$ polini carb is a mandatory upgrade for the bbk or if just the jet size increase and increased air intake will do.
1989 Honda Elite E SB50p
- MLM Side-Bleed Pipe
- Lots of plans, Skeleton Scoot.

"It may not be fast or pretty but it's mine."
Meloshameless
Elite
Elite

Post by Meloshameless »

I have a variated af05 i could sell you. I would swap right in. Bolt on. No welding needed. Pm me if ur interested...
2000 Honda SR (purple swurp)
corsa
naruku
polini 21 cp 36/106 pod filter
polini vari 5.5 gram
zx trans
Polini evo2 clutch/bell yellow springs (slacked) yellow contra
Yasuni C16
stock crank/gears=wheelie machine
70 mph/12,470 rpm Trail tech vapor verified
Meloshameless
Elite
Elite

Post by Meloshameless »

My first afo5 i put the malossi bbk, naraku intake, polini 21mm cp carb with polini pod filter, polini variator, polini 3g evo clutch/ bell, polini, white center spring, kept the gears, crank and pipe stock and it went from 40- a lil over 50 and got there much quicker and held 40 easy up steep hills. Got all my parts from scooterswapshop, or graphite9 on this form. Quite a bit of potential from these motors. U can dump $ intp that non variated afo5 and prob still be disappointed with bareley noticable gains from bbk, carbs, etc...
2000 Honda SR (purple swurp)
corsa
naruku
polini 21 cp 36/106 pod filter
polini vari 5.5 gram
zx trans
Polini evo2 clutch/bell yellow springs (slacked) yellow contra
Yasuni C16
stock crank/gears=wheelie machine
70 mph/12,470 rpm Trail tech vapor verified
Jackstickley
BMX
BMX

Post by Jackstickley »

im well aware of the limitations of a non-variated engine. but i have what i have. and i want to make it the best it can be. If i go blow all my money on a DIO or other engine ill be hardpressed to afford the mods to fix it up(and where is the fun in that.)

If you wanted to ship that variated afo5 to me for free. then id take you up on it no questions. but at the moment i don't have the $110 for taz's bbk let alone anything else.
1989 Honda Elite E SB50p
- MLM Side-Bleed Pipe
- Lots of plans, Skeleton Scoot.

"It may not be fast or pretty but it's mine."