Ruckus Variator on af05e Motor?

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

Drifter562
Spree
Spree

Ruckus Variator on af05e Motor?

Post by Drifter562 »

I have af05e engine i just bought a stock ruckus variator wondering if i need a longer belt or if someone can point me in the right direction thanks guys Also iv'e looked up and down this forum and only see references to af16 so far will keep loking but my questions again are do I need a different belt aslo does the kicker need to be shimmed and of course grinding of the case will have to take place?
Wheelman-111

Re: Ruckus Variator on af05e Motor?

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

Just use your stock pulley boss and stock belt,. You will see when you install where the case needs grinding for clearance: just a mm or 2. On the 16 block, clearancing the case for a wider ZX belt is a much bigger job, but the 05 Ruck vario is easy and quick. The Ruck is a worthwhile upgrade too.
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
Drifter562
Spree
Spree

Re: Ruckus Variator on af05e Motor?

Post by Drifter562 »

Wheelman you sure have a way with words lol Thanks bro Will add some posts to my build thread