Spree bbk issues.

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

jakubman1
Elite
Elite

Re: Spree bbk issues.

Post by jakubman1 »

What about the fuel issue Wheelman pointed out ?
I'll be sure to baby the.next one. But man I was flying around 40:)....now I'm sad lol
Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Meatball »

Wheelman makes a good point just like everyone else does. Its up to you to take these points and see if it actually applies to your bike. We are just dudes on the internet going off the symptoms you describe and making suggestions on what it "might" be. Usually when its acting abnormal its a possibility of many things. I personally like hearing multiple responses to my problems so I have different things to check if one doesn't work! If I have an issue and hear of 5 possible things it could be..I check all 5! Leave no stone unturned.
I need to find some new haters...the ones I have are starting to like me.
jakubman1
Elite
Elite

Post by jakubman1 »

Its from.me hauling but.... I just overheated it.
Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Meatball »

OK, guys. After 3 soft seizes today Im done. Im putting the stock bore back on and putting it up for sale. Ive done everything that everybody recommended and it just wont run right. Not throwing any more time or money into this POS. Im over it.
Peteyparado
Spree
Spree

Post by Peteyparado »

Meatball wrote:OK, guys. After 3 soft seizes today Im done. Im putting the stock bore back on and putting it up for sale. Ive done everything that everybody recommended and it just wont run right. Not throwing any more time or money into this POS. Im over it.
Everybody goes thru that.. Usually after 2-3 sezie it's done.. Rehone new piston an rings...
86 aero af16 swap. 121cc water cool.
Polini 30mm carb
Naraku mani
Scorpion stroker pipe
Stage6 CDI
5gram rollers
Keli high speed Variator
6.1 gears
94mph
Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Meatball »

This is my 2nd big bore kit Ive bought, installed and seized/destroyed. I have 10x the hours fixing it than riding it. The towel is thrown.
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Post by benji »

Dude you need an extra motor, one that's stock and rides. That way you can swap out motors when you get probs n at least ride it. But ya, it's part of the deal. Your gonna burn up motors.
Peteyparado
Spree
Spree

Post by Peteyparado »

I now guys that spend thousands on stroker motors jus to seize it on the second day..
Polini 30mm carb
Naraku mani
Scorpion stroker pipe
Stage6 CDI
5gram rollers
Keli high speed Variator
6.1 gears
94mph
eclark5483
CB900F
CB900F

Post by eclark5483 »

Out of curiosity, what fuel to oil ratio were you using, and what brand?
Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Meatball »

First bbk was destroyed because I used the gasket that came with the kit. I didn't know you had to modify the parts before installing them. Second time everything was done right. 30:1 mix in tank with oil pump removed. Synthethic oil. Proper break-in. Removed head after seize and everything seemed pretty dry like its not getting enough oil. Mix in a little more oil and just get plumes of smoke. Im not the only one having issues with these kits. Is there anyone out there having success with these? All I keep reading is problem after problem. It'll be a cold day in heII before I buy a 3rd kit.
Last edited by Meatball on Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Post by benji »

What brand/type oil are you using? Maybe it's not lubricating right. Using additives? What kind and grade fuel? Certain gas stations add quite a bit of ethanol to there gas, additives seem to hurt the lubricity of the oil. I've heard 25 to 1 during break-in, so maybe your not thick enough on oil . What kind of plug? Maybe too hot and burning the oil up? Sorry if you answered all these before, just trying to brainstorm.
Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Meatball »

Oil is Royal Purple 2-stroke with no additives, Fuel is ethanol-free, Air filter and Spark Plug is direct from Noiseguy. I was told break-in is 30:1 and then normally 32:1. Ive been running 30:1 the entire time. Sorry for hijacking your thread, Jake. Didn't mean to.
jakubman1
Elite
Elite

Post by jakubman1 »

Well I am mixing 32:1 with premium gas. Oil is scooter pro maxima. I soft seized mine twice. Due to me being greedy and hauling but. Since I've installed a temp gauge I've been able to keep at or 20 degrees under 350. Meatball you are running it hot that's all. If you bought a temp gauge you would know your temps. Around 15mph is all you can really hit for a while before temps start to climb . I guess cause of the break in. I've also installed the right bystarter seems the same. Actually a little more difficult to start cold. Its fine when warm. There is nothing wrong with this kit. Its a good bbk. I still have my spare bbk if crap hits the fan. This thing accelerates fast. :) the kits come with directions that if carefully read and do everything is great. I've been riding mine a little to hard. Next build I will baby it since I know exactly what I gotta do for the first 100 miles .
Peteyparado
Spree
Spree

Post by Peteyparado »

Meatball wrote:Oil is Royal Purple 2-stroke with no additives, Fuel is ethanol-free, Air filter and Spark Plug is direct from Noiseguy. I was told break-in is 30:1 and then normally 32:1. Ive been running 30:1 the entire time. Sorry for hijacking your thread, Jake. Didn't mean to.
Royal purple sucks sorry to say...
Polini 30mm carb
Naraku mani
Scorpion stroker pipe
Stage6 CDI
5gram rollers
Keli high speed Variator
6.1 gears
94mph
jakubman1
Elite
Elite

Post by jakubman1 »

I used the royal purple 10w-30 for the tranny oil.